Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time

Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time

Stredain Stredain Profile

Posted:
6/4/13 at
6:26:38 PM

Hi guys.. I rode the Loch Ness and the famed Apollo's Chariot for the first time.. WOW! I have to admit, both are very incredible. Nessie reminded me of the old Revolution coaster while AC.. well, that was so intense that I couldnt scream! I just sat there silently thrilled thru the experience... I was too overwhelmed with the
coaster. Now I am a Hard core Nessie and AC fan!
Love, Stredain

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/4/13 6:53:38 PM
Apollo's Chariot...intense? I must have missed the memo. :(

But I love me some Nessie.

* This post was modified at 6/4/13 6:54:35 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 6/4/13 7:11:38 PM
beastmaster said:

But I love me some Nessie.

Depends- depending on what you've been on before I can see how AC can seem intense to some. Gotta admit, I loved it when I rode it several years ago. Course there wasn't a coaster at BGE that I didn't like.

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/5/13 6:32:29 AM
beastmaster said:

It's got some decent air on a couple drops past the turnaround.

Floating Beemer air, not violent Arrow air.

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by Coaster316 at 6/5/13 8:16:42 AM
Depends on your body and what it considers intense. Personally, I get intensity out of Apollo's Chariot and I also LOVE Nessie...one of my all-time favorites.

Glad you enjoyed them, too, Stredain.

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/5/13 1:16:49 PM
RobLec said:

beastmaster said:

It's got some decent air on a couple drops past the turnaround.

Floating Beemer air, not violent Arrow air.

Oh, I never said I don't get some airtime. The ride just wouldn't fit my definition of intense.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/5/13 6:35:04 PM
Been on only 2 B&M hypers - AC and Raging Bull. While I enjoyed AC, it never blew me away as intense. Good floater air, but I prefer ejector air like Magnum.

Nessie is good, if only for the nostalgia factor. The tunneled helix to me is boring. Wish they still had lighting effects.

- Pat-O

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/5/13 7:11:03 PM
Glad you had fun Stredain! You must ride Nitro if you think AC is intense, LOL! I absolutely love Nessie too - so many childhood memories on her and she's still in such great condition. Did you get to take a spin on Griffon - that BEAUTIFUL mythical creature? BEST coaster in the park!

Jen

Re: Rode Nessie and Apollos chariot for the first time by Stredain Stredain Profile at 6/6/13 8:43:02 AM
Hi all... youre not gonna believe this, but i nearly knocked out all of the coasters at BG! The only I didnt ride was Verbolten due to a serious anxiety attack that kicked in after Griffon.
Don't get me wrong, Griffon is AMAZING! I sat in the second row middle, but after the ride, I was thoroughly wrapped in a serious anxiety attack- it reminded me too much of a childhood trauma I'd endured. Sad to say, but Griffon got the best of me.
However, I am proud I got in the coaster count as I did.
I hope to master this sometime soon if I can set aside my fear of Griffon.
Love, Stredain