Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > New Coasters..Here and Abroad

New Coasters..Here and Abroad

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
5/31/13 at
12:45:11 PM

A client of mine sent me this. I'm posting it mainly because of the overseas coasters noted. We don't usually hear much about those, but they sound and look interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/27/travel/roller-coasters-2013/index.html

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/1/13 1:52:47 AM
Good stuff Mike. Many of those coasters I didn't even know about.
Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/1/13 5:33:53 AM
It says that the New Ocean Kingdom in China will have the world's longest wooden coaster. Anyone got info?
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/1/13 1:03:16 PM
^^^The debuting Ocean Kingdom is scheduled to get three new coasters, all steelies. I think that CNN made an error, as they meant to say 'longest winged coaster' and not wooden.

The Wing Rider 'Flying Over the Rainforest' nips Gatekeeper in track length.

FOTR will have a regular Wild Eagle style drop, and only three inversions (one of them being a traditional dive loop). It will be the first wing rider with two tunnels. So it balanced out the lack of inversions with the tunnels and a horseshoe, sounds like an interesting layout.

www.rcdb.com/9114.htm

* This post was modified at 6/1/13 1:41:17 PM *

Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/1/13 5:31:12 PM
The one about the Joker, wasn't that a 'tony hawk' coaster that was relocated? Though it would be nice to have that instead of all the boring wild mouse coasters that every park seems to have.
Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/1/13 6:24:26 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

The one about the Joker, wasn't that a 'tony hawk' coaster that was relocated?

Yup, it came from SFDK

Re: New Coasters..Here and Abroad Photo by d_n_s_u at 6/3/13 2:12:24 PM
"Smiler" / Alton Towers Courtesy of Colin at UK Rides

User Submitted Picture

* This post was modified at 6/3/13 2:37:01 PM *