Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > MF train valleys during testing - May 12

MF train valleys during testing - May 12

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
5/22/13 at
7:16:38 PM

Don't know if it's been reported yet, but I was at CP on Sunday, May 12. Most rides did not open due to high winds.

During morning testing, and the wind actually caused one of MF's trains to valley out and stop along the course. I thought it was a ridiculous rumor until we could see the yellow train stuck on the track near the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit.

A crane was on hand taking it off the track.

I didn't think this was possible, but it's amazing how much high winds can effect rides. TTD, Gatekeeper, Magnum, and Raptor were down the entire day, too.

- Pat-O

Re: MF train valleys during testing - May 12 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/22/13 8:33:24 PM
LoneStar said:

Don't know if it's been reported yet, but I was at CP on Sunday, May 12. Most rides did not open due to high winds.

During morning testing, and the wind actually caused one of MF's trains to valley out and stop along the course. I thought it was a ridiculous rumor until we could see the yellow train stuck on the track near the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit.

A crane was on hand taking it off the track.

I didn't think this was possible, but it's amazing how much high winds can effect rides. TTD, Gatekeeper, Magnum, and Raptor were down the entire day, too.

- Pat-O

I saw the video on FB - all 3 trains were back up and running yesterday. TTD, Power Tower, and Wicked Twister were down almost all day due to high winds (but there was some maintenance issue with WT I believe). Gatekeeper also went down due to wind in the early afternoon. They all re-opened at 7 pm but we were able to ride what we wanted in time, Thank God since we only had an hour. Did you go all the way to CP and not be able to ride any of those? I hope you had a chance to get on them - that would be horrible! :-O

Jen

Re: MF train valleys during testing - May 12 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/22/13 10:01:05 PM
I saw the same thing happen in 2001 with the blue train. We were booked at Breakers for the whole weekend and never did get to ride it, but I did get to ride multiple times the year before.