Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Canada's Wonderland help

Canada's Wonderland help

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
5/21/13 at
2:26:21 PM

I'm planning on doing a Martin's Fantasy Island/Canada's Wonderland trip. I'm considering CW this Friday and MFI on Saturday. This is the preferred dates. If we knock out everything at MFI on Saturday early, we could stop at Waldameer or Conneaut later in the day, on the way home. My other option is to go to MFI on Sunday and CW on Monday. I would love to avoid a fast lane up charge at CW, but still get multiple rides on Leviathan and Behemoth, along with rides on all the other coasters and the unique flats. Which day do you think would be the least crowded at CW, Friday or Monday. They don't celebrate Memorial Day in Canada, so that shouldn't be an issue. The weather looks great for both options. Canada's Wonderland is the main focus. All other parks are just an added bonus.

Re: Canada's Wonderland help by Aldo at 5/22/13 1:10:23 AM
Friday might be better because the park will be open later compared to Monday. During the day it will not be very busy because the kids are still in school.
Re: Canada's Wonderland help by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 5/22/13 6:11:34 AM
You should be able to get to a couple of the smaller parks without a problem. (I was still able to double up on two days even with the kids out of school and the parks busy.)

I would agree that you should take advantage of any extra hours at Canada's Wonderland on Friday. It is a big park with much to do. Make sure that you catch Thunder Run and Bat when their lines are short. For the type of coasters they are, they were much better than I expected. Also get to a flat by Behemoth called Sledge Hammer as soon as you can. It is almost one-of-a-kind, very well liked, but breaks down often. I tried to ride it two or three times in the second half of the day but it was never working.

Re: Canada's Wonderland help by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/22/13 4:41:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm 90% sure we will be heading to Canada's Wonderland early Friday morning.