Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!)

FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!)

mugen828 mugen828 Profile

Posted:
5/19/13 at
3:26:10 PM

May 25th I'm headed out on a 10 day road trip with two of my best friends.

I did one last year with one of my friends and we hit:

Six Flags Over Georgia
Dollywood
Busch Gardens Tampa
Kings Island

This year we have Cedar Point tickets BOUGHT! Fast Pass Plus bought! We will be there May 25th, Saturday, so I am thinking the Fast Pass Plus will be a lifeeee saver.

Does anyone know exactly how the fast pass works at cp? Is it a completely separate line? I read it's wrist bands, but beyond that I don't know what to expect. Also, unlimited rides on Gatekeeper and TTD...does that mean I can just sit there in the seat? That doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully we will be hitting these other parks for sure:

Holiday World (going to a Pacers v.s Heat game too)
Six Flags Great America
Hershey Park (the way back)

Maybe's:

Kings Island
Mt. Olympus
Six Flags St. Louis
Kennywood

Hopefully we will have 10 days of awesomeness. We don't really have a plan past May 27th. Rollin with the punches!! woo!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/19/13 3:45:25 PM
I bought FastLane Plus on my visit Friday and here's how it works.

Yes, you get a wristband. It's good for roughly 20 different rides in the park including Mantis, Raptor, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum, Blue Streak and of course Dragster and GateKeeper. There is a separate entrance for each ride that uses the system and it is usually clearly marked. If you don't easily find one, just ask the host/hostess at the ride entrance. The "unlimited" part just means you can keep going through the FastLane line to get on as many times as you'd like... you don't get to just stay on board.

A few changes were made to FL this year. Last year, the MF line started right in the station. This year, the line merges at the bottom of the ramp leading to the station, so what was once a potential walk-on is now roughly a 15 minute wait. Maverick's entrance now merges at the bottom of the stairs as well, which is usually a 10 minute wait. GateKeeper also starts where you select either the left or right side of the train and it's about a 10 minute wait unless you wait for the front (if they even let you wait as I was denied 3 times). Of course on a Saturday, the FastLane lines can be much longer. The newly increased prices didn't seem to deter many people from buying them, that's for sure.

Hope you enjoy your trip. CP is a great park (not the "Greatest in the World", but still very good) and they really seemed to be pumping people through on GateKeeper with all 3 trains running.

* This post was modified at 5/19/13 3:46:18 PM *

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/19/13 5:00:11 PM
So wait.....fast lane plus is only a ONE time use for other rides? The way you worded that makes it seem that way.

If so, that's not how it's worded for the normal fast lane. So I thought it was assumed for the Plus one as well. It says something like "ride as many times as you want" for the normal fast pass, as in, you can use the fast pass as many times as you want throughout the day.

And we will definitely have a great time! I'm super excited to just ride each coaster at LEAST once. I have been waiting to ride Millenium Force since I started riding coasters. This is truly a teenage dream come true! haha

- mugen828
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/19/13 5:26:10 PM
I'll be there on Tues and I'm getting the Fast Lane Plus so I'll be able to give you more info after that but as far as I know you can ride each coaster/ride as many times as you want. There's no way for them to really even know what you're riding since there's no electronic device or punch card - it's a simple wrist band. The only CF park I saw the Fast Lane used at was Knotts and everyone just walked up the exit and boarded right away - looks like they're doing it more like the Flash Pass at Six Flags works at CP with merging into the existing line without the boarding time.

Jen

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/19/13 6:01:07 PM
mugen828 said:

So wait.....fast lane plus is only a ONE time use for other rides? The way you worded that makes it seem that way.

Sorry for the confusion. FastLane and FastLane Plus are both able to be used as many times as you want for any of the rides in the program. I guess I should have proofread my post first. :)

And we will definitely have a great time! I'm super excited to just ride each coaster at LEAST once. I have been waiting to ride Millenium Force since I started riding coasters. This is truly a teenage dream come true! haha

You should have no problem riding each coaster with FastLane. Millennium Force is awesome and so is Maverick. Also, if you like classic rides, be sure to take a spin on Cedar Downs.

Again, sorry for the confusion!

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/21/13 2:23:13 PM
ray_p said:

mugen828 said:

Sorry for the confusion. FastLane and FastLane Plus are both able to be used as many times as you want for any of the rides in the program. I guess I should have proofread my post first. :)

If so, then what is "unlimited" rides on gatekeeper and TTD?! I don't get it! haha

You should have no problem riding each coaster with FastLane. Millennium Force is awesome and so is Maverick. Also, if you like classic rides, be sure to take a spin on Cedar Downs.

Again, sorry for the confusion!

Still confused! haha I think we won't have a problem riding all of em either, despite it being a Saturday.

- mugen828
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/21/13 11:41:35 PM
We got the Fast Lane Plus today and it was awesome! Can ride anything on the list as many times as you want - no limitations - just have a wrist band you show and they let you right in. Some rides you go right on the platform, some you merge farther back. Worst merge was Millennium Force - puts you at the bottom of the walkway going to the platform. Gatekeeper you merge at the bottom of the stairs but that line moves lightning fast (and they let you pick your seats with no issues) from that point.

Worth every penny!

TR to follow soon!

Jen

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/22/13 8:25:21 AM
GoYanks34 said:

We got the Fast Lane Plus today and it was awesome! Can ride anything on the list as many times as you want - no limitations - just have a wrist band you show and they let you right in. Some rides you go right on the platform, some you merge farther back. Worst merge was Millennium Force - puts you at the bottom of the walkway going to the platform. Gatekeeper you merge at the bottom of the stairs but that line moves lightning fast (and they let you pick your seats with no issues) from that point.

Worth every penny!

TR to follow soon!

Jen

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get there. Saturday can't come soon enough! By the way, how many rides did you get in on MF and Gatekeeper?

- mugen828
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/22/13 10:03:33 AM
Only one on MF but that's because the line was a bit longer (took about 30 min) and we were only over on that side that one time. Between my ankle and Roz's bad knee we couldn't go back and forth to different areas.

Got 6 rides on Gatekeeper but it was down most of the day due to the winds (as was TTD (didn't open until 7 pm), WT, Power Tower). Got 2 back row rides each side when we first got there then it went down for about 1 1/2 hr - we got off line after about 15 min and rode MaXair, Raptor and Blue Streak - when we saw it was back up so we went back for another 2 front rides. Then we went to the other side of the park and it was closed during that time. Came back up around 7 pm with most of the others. Got 2 more back rides as the park was closing. The park was only open until 8 pm yesterday. Never waited more than 15 min for GK at peak lines. Was closer to 10 minutes. Front has the longest line - back was practically walk on every time.

You could ride Gatekeeper 50 times easy if you wanted to with the Fast Lane - I wanted to go on the other coasters and not spend my entire day at one coaster.

Jen

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 5/22/13 4:03:04 PM
So bottom line.....what is the difference between the fastlane and fastlane plus???
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/22/13 8:13:24 PM
Fast Lane Plus allows TTD and Gatekeeper - the regular one does not. Plus $15 more...

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

It's "false" advertising for the price - that price is if you buy 4. It was $75 each for 2 people with the Fast Lane plus weekday when we bought it - I think it's more expensive on the weekends. It was worth every penny if you are only going for the day. You will be able to easily go on everything you want to.

Jen - who just got home and must now go and ice her incredibly swollen foot (but it was So worth the pain!)

* This post was modified at 5/22/13 8:16:04 PM *

Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 5/22/13 11:35:05 PM
Glad you made it home OK. You must be worn out: I sure am. Stiff all over after my 3 rides on Maverick (2 while you were smoking your coffin nail) but that was because of the FastLane. I don't usually ride it during the season because of the excruciatingly slow standby line.
The forecast storms did not hit here today but it was windier than yesterday, so I assume some rides were down.
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 5/23/13 5:00:15 PM
Since we are on the fastlane subject I have one more important question before I spend that extra 75 dollars.Are there assigned seats or do I get to choose where I sit???
Re: FINALLY (Cedar Point booked!) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/23/13 5:38:03 PM
chitlins73 said:

Since we are on the fastlane subject I have one more important question before I spend that extra 75 dollars.Are there assigned seats or do I get to choose where I sit???

We rode 6 times on Tues and we were able to choose our row every time. Every time we went up we just told the employee where we wanted to sit and they let us go without any problems. They did tell other people which row to go to but they didn't ask for a different row either. Gatekeeper is a capacity monster - they run and load those 3 trains like lightning and they keep the line on the platform to a minimum so I can't really see it being too much of an issue of choosing your seat unless everyone asks for the back not filling other rows (which I can't see happening with the general public). There is also a longer railing for the front allowing more people to wait there.

Others have said they were told what rows to go to prior to my trip so I don't know if that's dependent on the crowd size or if they changed the policy. There was a decent crowd there but not crazy. For example, Maverick had about a 1 hr wait as opposed to the usual 2 hour wait but there were also a lot of coasters/rides down at that time.

Jen