Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel

Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
5/18/13 at
6:46:57 PM

Apparently Travel Channel is airing a new rollercoaster show called Future Scream Machines. The first show airs Sunday night at 9:00 eastern time/ 8:00 central time. I have no idea what it's about, other than rollercoasters. I'm making a point to come home early from Kennywood tomorrow to check it out.

Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/18/13 8:41:47 PM
Thanks! The DVR is all set. It will be nice to watch a coaster show again.
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/18/13 9:17:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Was going to post this after scrolling thru the channel.
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 5/18/13 9:34:04 PM
It's supposedly going to have some big coaster announcement on it. Wonder if they'll be revealing what the Gringotts coaster at Universal is going to be like. Or is it going to be something completely new and not yet part of the rumor mill? hmmm...
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by drachen drachen Profile at 5/19/13 1:32:58 AM
RobLec said:

Thanks! The DVR is all set. It will be nice to watch a coaster show again.

I second that. Remember back when Memorial Day weekend was "Thrills, Chills, and Spills" on the Discovery Channel? I miss those days...

Too bad a certain loud-mouth self promoter will be featured on tomorrow's show...

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/19/13 3:47:52 PM
drachen said:

Too bad a certain loud-mouth self promoter will be featured on tomorrow's show...

That's why I'm DVR'ing the show. At least then I can fast forward through his crap. :)

Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by Stredain Stredain Profile at 5/19/13 5:41:40 PM
If this is the one I thin it is, it may included footage from Verbolten at BGE. My partner had the privilege of having to ride Verbolten several times while the Travel Channel people filmed them.. my partner says the hosts to the show are full of themselves, arrogant and would not sign autographs or allow pics. She told me she was shocked at their behavior.
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/19/13 7:09:06 PM
Stredain said:
... my partner says the hosts to the show are full of themselves, arrogant and would not sign autographs or allow pics. She told me she was shocked at their behavior.

That is pretty much typical of show biz people.

Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 5/19/13 9:15:02 PM
*sigh* it's not only the "him" it's the "her" too...
Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 5/19/13 9:24:13 PM
drachen said:

Almost feel like I'm watching his personal show. Ugghh.

They were out at SDC this last week filming and had banners up for this show. Not sure if that footage will be on it or not, but if it is look out for a certain train conductor passing by. :p Though I have a feeling that will end up being for another show. They told us it was for Discovery/ Travel Channel, so we'll see.

Re: Future Scream Machines on Travel Channel by drachen drachen Profile at 5/20/13 12:39:40 AM
Rollercoaster_freak220 said:

*sigh* it's not only the "him" it's the "her" too...

I actually didn't think Alvey was too bad in the 'Insane Coaster Wars' episodes last year. His face time was limited, and he didn't come across in his normal clownish, self-promoting self.

Mrs. Alvey, however, just isn't very good at being on camera. Just not her thing, I guess.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur