Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial

Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial

Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile

Posted:
5/17/13 at
10:44:47 PM

Over the last couple of weeks while watching WWE wrestling (Smackdown, RAW, etc.), there is this commercial advertising GILDAN underwear that features a steel roller coaster with yellow track on an amusement pier. Most of the commercial focuses on a guy sitting in the front seat of the train as it's going up the lift hill and pulling out a pair of underwear, while the guy next to him gives him a look as if to say "What the heck are you doing?". The commercial ends as the train crests the lift and starts down the first drop. At one point they show the coaster from a distance and it appears to have at least two loops, with the first drop twisting to the left as you're going down. There is a gondola Ferris wheel behind the coaster at the end of the pier. Does anyone who has seen this commercial know what coaster and/or amusement pier that is??? I know it's not any of the piers in New Jersey. Thanks.

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/17/13 10:50:14 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IayoPa-uM_o

Ah you mean this one?

* This post was modified at 5/17/13 10:52:55 PM *

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile at 5/17/13 11:23:07 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IayoPa-uM_o

Ah you mean this one?

Yes, that's the one!

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/18/13 1:18:29 AM
There, the link is fixed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IayoPa-uM_o

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 5/18/13 1:41:15 AM
The roller coaster is the tiny Morgan coaster at Santa Monica Pier. They heavily edited its appearance (and poorly. Pause at 0:08 and look at the helix.) and a B&M roller coaster is added into the background.
Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/18/13 2:11:01 AM
^^^Yeah, because there ain't no way that coaster can be real, a B&M on a pier. Here's all of the operating parks the end with the word 'Pier' on the link below. I came up with zilch. The only coasters with multiple inversions in a pier park are at Moreys Piers (Boomerang, and The Great Nor'Easter).

www.rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&ex=1&ar=3168000&na=Pier&st=93&ot=3

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/18/13 2:16:12 AM
Rollercoaster_freak220 said:

The roller coaster is the tiny Morgan coaster at Santa Monica Pier. They heavily edited its appearance (and poorly. Pause at 0:08 and look at the helix.) and a B&M roller coaster is added into the background.

I wanted to say santa monica pier when i remembered the commercial before seeing it again. I had a feeling it was all digitally edited, but wasn't totally sure. Good to know i wasn't alone thinking it. Lol, good eye, i missed that because the image changed so fast. The beauty of pausing.

* This post was modified at 5/18/13 2:18:49 AM *

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/18/13 2:19:00 AM

I wanted to say santa monica pier when i remembered the commercial before seeing it again. I had a feeling it was all digitally edited, but wasn't totally sure. Good to know i wasn't alone thinking it.

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/18/13 2:26:29 AM
It's really a descending helix turnt uncompleted ascending helix of death. Some real Final Destination type stuff LOL.

* This post was modified at 5/18/13 2:27:52 AM *

Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile at 5/18/13 2:33:23 AM

Yes...I can see where the track is cut off at the top of the helix.
Does anyone know what coaster the lift hill/drop and loops actually belongs to???
Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/18/13 2:39:35 AM
^^^Who knows? It can be any large sitdown Beemer. That's a very funky far camera angle. I won't even begin to try to guess what coaster that is. Whoever does that is better than me.
Re: Roller Coaster In GILDAN (Underwear) Commercial by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 5/18/13 11:42:03 AM
The looper in the background appears to be Dragon Kahn at PortAventura. It's one of the few B&Ms that has 2 vertical loops, and this picture shows they line up perfectly for the shot used in the commercial, with the zero-g roll sweeping in front of the largest loop.

The lift/first drop is just the digital editing of the Morgan at the pier. If you look closely at that drop, you'd see there's no banking on the turn, and that it would probably kill you.