Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Stealth opinions...

Stealth opinions...

Johnny Mnemonic

Posted:
4/2/00 at
3:05:55 PM

For those who have gotten to experience Stealth opening weekend, what are your early opinions? Was it a worthy investment for PGA? Is it top 10 quality? And how do you think it will affect PGA's attendence in 2000-2001?

I personally think this coaster is a complete winner all around. You can talk about the low capasity issue until your blue in the face, but once you board amazingly intense Stealth, all is forgotten. It now ranks as my #3 steel coaster(behind Goliath and Montu), and #6 overall. An wonderful coming of age coaster from Vekoma.

Re: Stealth opinions... by Daniel S. at 4/2/00 5:06:31 PM

> For those who have gotten to experience
> Stealth opening weekend, what are your early
> opinions? Was it a worthy investment for
> PGA? Is it top 10 quality? And how do you
> think it will affect PGA's attendence in
> 2000-2001? I personally think this coaster
> is a complete winner all around. You can
> talk about the low capasity issue until your
> blue in the face, but once you board
> amazingly intense Stealth, all is forgotten.
> It now ranks as my #3 steel coaster(behind
> Goliath and Montu), and #6 overall. An
> wonderful coming of age coaster from Vekoma.

It is deffinatly the best roller coaster I have ever been on. It's a tiny-bit bumpy during the "barrel-roll". But It is worth and hour wait. And It is a winner. I suggest everybody ride it if you get the chance. It is a wonderful addition to PGA.

STEATLH QUESTION by ROXY ROLLER at 4/3/00 7:39:19 PM

Hey Johnny,

Question for you:

Why is STEALTH low capacity? Is there only one train that runs the circuit?

Surely there must be at least two!

And how many people per train?

Any info is appreciated,

Roxy

Re: STEATLH QUESTION by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/3/00 9:07:18 PM

> Hey Johnny, Question for you: Why is
> STEALTH low capacity? Is there only one
> train that runs the circuit? Surely there
> must be at least two! And how many people
> per train? Any info is appreciated, Roxy

Yes, Stealth does run two trains, the trains are 4 across, 24 total I believe. The loading process could be a nightmare is suppose(because of Vekoma's revolutionary restraint system),but I didn't see much of that during my time at the park. The rides ops were doing a pretty good job keeping things moving. However, most people were at Stealth, leaving the other coasters as walk-ons mostly, therefore the lines were still pretty long!

Re: STEATLH QUESTION by Bruce Jensen at 4/4/00 12:43:52 PM

> Yes, Stealth does run two trains, the trains are
> 4 across, 24 total I believe. The loading
> process could be a nightmare is
> suppose(because of Vekoma's revolutionary
> restraint system),but I didn't see much of
> that during my time at the park. The rides
> ops were doing a pretty good job keeping
> things moving.

I think you're right here - the ride ops have done a good job. They will need to keep up a blistering pace, though, to keep that ride moving along, and it wil be tough on those hot summer days, considering that the loading platform is in broad sunlight.

> However, most people were at
> Stealth, leaving the other coasters as
> walk-ons mostly,

Yeah! :-)

> therefore the lines were
> still pretty long!

Get those season passes and get in early for some ERT!

Bruce Jensen