Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!)

Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!)

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
5/2/13 at
7:27:02 PM

I was reading a travel mag named Family Fun at the auto shop today while they were working on my car, and they had an article ranking several categories of national attractions. I'm sure the Koch family would be pleased to see their ranking...

1) Magic Kingdom
2) Disneyland
3) Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
4) Islands of Adventure
5) DCA
6) Cedar Point
7) Epcot
8) Animal Kingdom
9) Hersheypark
10) Typhoon Lagoon

Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/2/13 9:13:56 PM
Sadly, there's three parks on there I haven't been to..Epcot, DCA, and AK. And my sole visit to Disneyland came at an age and time in my life when I was unable to appreciate it as I probably would now as an "adult"..to use the term loosely :)
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by Raven_Maven Raven_Maven Profile at 5/3/13 2:27:22 PM
Thanks - we were all delighted! This is an annual poll of "2,000 moms" nationwide for FamilyFun magazine, which is a mainstream parenting/craft/food/travel publication.

Hope to see everyone this season - we open tomorrow!

Paula

Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 5/4/13 6:24:19 AM
For "family fun", I'm wondering why all the Disney parks and Hershey aren't ahead of Islands of Adventure and Cedar Point. I think that I would put Knoebels or Dollywood on there instead of a waterpark.
Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/4/13 7:29:34 AM
theRock-steel said:

For "family fun", I'm wondering why all the Disney parks and Hershey aren't ahead of Islands of Adventure and Cedar Point. I think that I would put Knoebels or Dollywood on there instead of a waterpark.

IMO Dollywood and CP aren't necessarily the best parks for families with small children... and two Disney parks were at the very top of the list.

Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 5/6/13 12:29:28 PM
I always have trouble comparing parks such as HW to the Cedar Fairs/Six Flags/Disneys of the world because the smaller family parks have far less resources to work with.

Take those top two parks out and HW is #1!

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 5/6/13 12:30:05 PM
Raven_Maven said:

Thanks - we were all delighted! This is an annual poll of "2,000 moms" nationwide for FamilyFun magazine, which is a mainstream parenting/craft/food/travel publication.

Hope to see everyone this season - we open tomorrow!

Paula

Glad to see you posting here again Paula. Welcome back!

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) *NM* by Raven_Maven Raven_Maven Profile at 5/6/13 12:32:01 PM
Thanks. :)
Re: Travel mag ranks Holiday World #3, ahead of IOA (!) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/6/13 6:28:12 PM
RobLec said:

theRock-steel said:

IMO Dollywood and CP aren't necessarily the best parks for families with small children... and two Disney parks were at the very top of the list.

I dunno about Dollywood, i think they had a decent collection of flat rides there and is good for families.

I can't understand why neither of the BG parks are listed here as both are pretty good parks. Is it because their rollercoasters stand out more than the parks in general? Just can't agree with the choices listed here. Im sure typhoon lagoon is nice, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the other parks listed here, being it is a waterpark.

* This post was modified at 5/6/13 6:31:55 PM *