Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > No More Game Day Grill At Dorney

No More Game Day Grill At Dorney

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
4/25/13 at
1:01:09 PM

The Game Day Grill at Dorney will be replaced by a third Chickie and Pete's outpost. Bothers me some because GDG was the only decent restaurant in the park. I've eaten there several times, and they even gave free refills on drinks. I only ate at Chickie's once, last year after Coasting For Kids, and it was pretty blah. This is the restaurant near Hydra/Meteor. Cedar Point has a GDG too, and it's also quite good.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by MABrider MABrider Profile at 4/25/13 3:56:10 PM
I received an email from Dorney announcing that Chickie's place. Not that I'd ever heard of it, and not that I visited Game Day a lot over the years, but color me disappointed nevertheless.
Mike B.
Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/25/13 4:11:34 PM
I got the e-mail from Dorney, but it didn't specify where the new Chickie's would be. Props to Judy P for passing that part of it along to me.
Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 4/25/13 5:16:55 PM
I am excited for the new inside Chickie and Pete's sports bar that is gonna have more of the full menu that the regular locations around Philly have.Gameday Grill was just normal blah run of the mill park food from what I remember.I love Chickie Crab Fries.Make sure I get a huge cup of those every trip to Dorney!!!
Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/26/13 11:33:16 AM
Game Day Grill sucked. Service was abysmal - waited 20 min before we were even noticed. Had the worst cheese steak ever - was so dry and bland. Not worth the price - not even close. I only got it because I had a cheese steak at CP in their sit down restaurant which was fabulous but as I've learned, just because it's a Cedar Fair park doesn't mean it's the same. Not even close.

Yep - Dorney is still dead to me. :-)

Jen

Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/26/13 12:03:23 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Game Day Grill sucked. Service was abysmal - waited 20 min before we were even noticed. Had the worst cheese steak ever - was so dry and bland. Not worth the price - not even close. I only got it because I had a cheese steak at CP in their sit down restaurant which was fabulous but as I've learned, just because it's a Cedar Fair park doesn't mean it's the same. Not even close.

Jen

Never sucked for me. I remember getting a cheese steak at Dorney back in the 80's at a stand directly opposite Dominator. It was one of the best I ever had.

DORNEYDORNEYDORNEYDORNEYDORNEY!!!!!!!!!

Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/26/13 12:09:47 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Never sucked for me. I remember getting a cheese steak at Dorney back in the 80's at a stand directly opposite Dominator. It was one of the best I ever had.

DORNEYDORNEYDORNEYDORNEYDORNEY!!!!!!!!!

Lets see - 1980's vs 2010 - really? You're basing it on the 80's?! Great Adventure was like Compton in the 80's - things change....

Jen

Re: No More Game Day Grill At Dorney by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/26/13 12:23:47 PM
Only my cheesesteak thoughts are based on the 80's...not my opinion of Game Day Grill. The last meal I had there was during last year's Haunt.