Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13

SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
4/6/13 at
10:30:50 PM

SFNE opens April 13.
I may go...

Mike B.
Re: SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13 by more-velocity at 4/7/13 12:21:33 PM
dear fellow coaster enthusiast, how is goliath at six flags new england. Does it run better than when it was de ja vu at six flags magic mountain?
Re: SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 4/7/13 5:56:37 PM
more-velocity said:

dear fellow coaster enthusiast,

Oh, so formal!
Please stop...
;-)

more-velocity said:

how is goliath at six flags new england. Does it run better than when it was de ja vu at six flags magic mountain?

As of last year, Goliath ran nice and smooth at SFNE.
I hope it's the same in 2013.

Can't say re SFMM as the only time I visited there (March 2010), it was down and I was not surprised.

At SFNE, I don't know about overall down time, Goliath was not ready on opening day, 2012. I took my first two rides on it at season's end (last October), within 20 minutes of each other...and got stuck on the 2nd spike (facing up) for 15 minutes during the second ride.
It did not reopen that day.

Mike B.
Re: SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 4/10/13 1:03:03 PM
I have not yet decided if I will go to SFNE this weekend, but I felt a bit foolish upon receiving an email this morning from ACE New England region rep Rus Ozana to the NE members; excerpt below.

I had forgotten all about it.
Not that it will affect my decision to go or not.
-------------------

...Goliath is not scheduled to open for the season until late spring.

The new train has arrived and is being assembled. Since it is a prototype train (with four-abreast, straight-across seating) from Premier Rides, it will need to be fully tested before being put into operation.

Mike B.
Re: SFNE opening day, Saturday April 13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/10/13 1:22:52 PM
MABrider said:

I have not yet decided if I will go to SFNE this weekend, but I felt a bit foolish upon receiving an email this morning from ACE New England region rep Rus Ozana to the NE members; excerpt below.

I had forgotten all about it.
Not that it will affect my decision to go or not.
-------------------

...Goliath is not scheduled to open for the season until late spring.

The new train has arrived and is being assembled. Since it is a prototype train (with four-abreast, straight-across seating) from Premier Rides, it will need to be fully tested before being put into operation.

I was thinking about coming up there sometime this season. I hadn't known about the new train, so I'll wait til I know it's operating regularly.

The Other Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...