Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000

New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000

CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile

Posted:
3/19/13 at
2:20:01 PM

Personally Id love the ride they'd give but would hate the restraints vs Morgan deep wide and open seating for airtime reasons alone.

http://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/page.jsp?id=10589

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by drachen drachen Profile at 3/19/13 10:23:10 PM
I think that these new trains look pretty sweet. I'm a huge fan of B&M's trains, especially on their mega-coasters. I've often said that a B&M train on an Intamin mega-coaster track would be my coaster-nirvana.

I thought it was happening this year with Skyrush at Hersheypark, based simply on appearance. But for me (and it seems for Hersheypark) the trains fell way short. We'll just have to wait and see how that coaster feels when it opens later this year.

But this whole thing is very intriguing to me - that B&M has now made a train for someone else's steel coaster design.

I'd love to see something similar happen on a number of steel coasters that I feel could use new trains, including Arrow loopers. This little piece of news has the potential to be the start of something real significant in the industry.

Saving Arrow Loopers

* This post was modified at 3/20/13 9:43:08 AM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/20/13 1:30:22 AM
Lol, I guess i305 would be out given how low to the ground it is. At least the new restraints are more comfortable. I do agree skyrush could use b&m's trains over that current restraint with their trains.
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 3/20/13 2:18:08 PM
Steel Dragon was the only Morgan/Arrow with the guide wheels outside the rails. I do not see this being done on any others of their generations.

Also the fact that Morgan is officially no longer a company kinda made that possible. Doubt you see it on intamins or other existing companies coasters.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by skc2000 at 3/20/13 4:25:55 PM
The coaster is not around anymore but psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain also had B&M cars.

skc2000

Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 3/20/13 10:00:47 PM
Are they gonna rename this coaster "New Steel Dragon"? If that's the case, then it would be the first coaster name change due to train design change that I can think of; It seems kinda overly dramatic, although it seems fitting with the outdated '2000' theme and all.
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/21/13 12:03:59 AM
What about millenium force? :) that is dated by 13 yrs and we hav another 987yrs to go till the next one.
Re: New B&M trains for Steel Dragon 2000 by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 3/25/13 3:19:05 AM
I would very much like to get out to Nagashima Spa Land while I'm here in Japan but it's a good ways from Yokosuka so don't know how that will go. I want to ride Steel Dragon pretty bad.