Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day

Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
3/18/13 at
12:56:46 PM

Just wanted to let anyone who was going to try and find us at SFGAdv on Sat 3/23 that we (Me, Mike G, Paul and Judy) will not be going that day but Mike Judy and I are going Sunday 3/24 instead (I will still be on the knee scooter so shouldn't be too hard to find us) and Paul and I will be headed there the Monday after Easter (which happens to be April Fools Day!) if anyone wants to meet up and say hello.

It's going to be too much of a nightmare with this MTV spring break concert going on Sat. in addition to newbie ride ops/employees. I also saw that they are offering tickets for $31 and parking for $14 which will draw even more people.

Good luck to anyone who tries to go and I'd love to hear about the experience you had so definitely post a TR!

Jen

* This post was modified at 3/19/13 7:55:52 PM *

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/18/13 3:37:41 PM
And soooooooooooooooo ... I now plan to spend some time at 6 Flags America on Saturday, March 23, then will head up to New Jersey in the evening. Ride partners are welcome!
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by alpengeistno3 at 3/18/13 7:04:53 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

And soooooooooooooooo ... I now plan to spend some time at 6 Flags America on Saturday, March 23, then will head up to New Jersey in the evening. Ride partners are welcome!

Count me in for SFA Saturday. We'll be in touch :)

Paul

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 3/18/13 7:14:33 PM
I'm headed opening day with 3 friends. Should be hell. Hopefullyyyyyy we can get a ride on the big three and head out.

Also get our passes processed too.

I'll be seeing you guys one of these times! haha

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/18/13 7:18:35 PM
But will you acknowledge us or just keep walking? LOL!!! I couldn't resist! :-)

Good luck - I think you're gonna need it! Let us know how it goes.

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by ktujon ktujon Profile at 3/19/13 8:48:38 AM
has the park ever encountered snow on an operating day since winter doesn't seem to be over yet
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/19/13 7:34:46 PM
ktujon said:

has the park ever encountered snow on an operating day since winter doesn't seem to be over yet

I went to GAdv a couple of years ago (not sure if it was opening day or not) with 30 degree temps and a blizzard forecast. There was a snow squall while I rode Runaway Train (no one else on the train!) It's still the only time I rode a coaster in the snow..although last year at KD with Paul on Dominator and I-305 was damn close to it.

I've been to GAdv several times when there was snow on the ground and ice on the tracks. Many rides didn't open early on. Thank God for Skull Mountain, Houdini and...wait for it...Dark Knight.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/19/13 7:37:03 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Just wanted to let anyone who was going to try and find us at SFGAdv on Sat 8/23 that we (Me, Mike G, Paul and Judy) will not be going that day but Mike Judy and I are going Sunday 8/24 instead

Jen

Jeez, that's four months away!!!!

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/19/13 7:56:38 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

Just wanted to let anyone who was going to try and find us at SFGAdv on Sat 8/23 that we (Me, Mike G, Paul and Judy) will not be going that day but Mike Judy and I are going Sunday 8/24 instead

Jen

Jeez, that's four months away!!!!

LOL - I fixed it. Perhaps I was hoping for warmer weather by having August on the brain!

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/21/13 6:41:48 AM
Judy and Paul.. I am also heading to Six Flags America on Saturday to pick up my Season Pass. I can only stay for a few hours(also heading to Jersey for Sunday), but I would love to have someone to chat with in line.
-Laura
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/21/13 6:46:13 AM
Hi, Laura, email me at jpolczy777 @ aol.com so that we can exchange cell phone #'s.
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day *NM* by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/21/13 7:03:03 AM
Will do..
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/21/13 11:17:31 AM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

Hi, Laura, email me at jpolczy777 @ aol.com so that we can exchange cell phone #'s.

Judy: I can't believe you're cheating on us! LOL! You coaster tramp you! :-)

Have fun guys!

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/21/13 11:20:46 AM
I've been called a "wench," but never a tramp.

Let's look at it this way ... Saturday is my warm-up day so that I can keep up with Sunday's group.

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/21/13 11:29:03 AM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

I've been called a "wench," but never a tramp.

Let's look at it this way ... Saturday is my warm-up day so that I can keep up with Sunday's group.

Or slow you down due to exhaustion, LOL! I should talk - me, who can't walk for long periods and I'm going to the doctor today for severe back pain when I'm breathing in. If I have a pulmonary embolus due to a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) from my surgery I'm still going on Sunday dammit! I will be put on blood thinners if that's the case so good thing we're not going to Hershey - could you even imagine the bruising from Sky Rush? Look what it did to you! :-0

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/21/13 11:32:09 AM
With the knee scooter thingy ... how do we get you up the steps to Toro and Nitro? Should I bring along Kendra's wheelchair? (She's NOT coming)
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/21/13 11:49:20 AM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

With the knee scooter thingy ... how do we get you up the steps to Toro and Nitro? Should I bring along Kendra's wheelchair? (She's NOT coming)

Nope - I plan to leave it outside the queue and wait on line normally. only using it for "walking" the park. I can lean on the railing to reduce the weight on it while waiting if need be. I got a cable lock that I'm going to put through the wheels to prevent a stupid teenager from thinking it's a toy. I can bring it through for KK - that line is handicap accessible. But thanks for the offer!

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/21/13 11:51:46 AM
So many plans...so many people..so little time.
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/21/13 12:06:14 PM
beastmaster said:

So many plans...so many people..so little time.

So many GREAT plans that have been in the works for months ... so many GREAT people who can't wait to see each other again ... so little time, but it will be a GREAT time, and you know it, too, don'tcha Beastie!

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by drachen drachen Profile at 3/21/13 12:16:31 PM
I wish could join some of you, but it looks like my plans are a little off.

Six Flags America on Sunday afternoon, to process my pass and (of course) ride Superman, Wild One, and anything that doesn't have a line.

Six Flags Great Adventure on Tuesday - hoping for minimal crowds. I've never been to Great Adventure on a minimal crowd day.

Morey's Piers on Saturday, March 30th.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 3/22/13 1:30:30 PM
drachen said:

I wish could join some of you, but it looks like my plans are a little off.

Six Flags America on Sunday afternoon, to process my pass and (of course) ride Superman, Wild One, and anything that doesn't have a line.

Six Flags Great Adventure on Tuesday - hoping for minimal crowds. I've never been to Great Adventure on a minimal crowd day.

Morey's Piers on Saturday, March 30th.

That sounds like a nice little trip! You should try and squeeze that other park that's nearby in it...it starts with the letter D...and ends in orney Park! haha

Have a great time Tuesday, I bet that day will be dead!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/22/13 1:50:33 PM
mugen828 said:

That sounds like a nice little trip! You should try and squeeze that other park that's nearby in it...it starts with the letter D...and ends in orney Park! haha

Have a great time Tuesday, I bet that day will be dead!

I find it SO refreshing when people refrain from profanity on public forums. LOL! You had to see what Judy did to a post on my FB page - Kept writing the "D" word over and over like 100 times (claims she was trying to desensitize me)! I can't wait until it gets reported and she's banned for life for using such profane words! :-)

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by drachen drachen Profile at 3/22/13 6:32:14 PM
GoYanks34 said:

I find it SO refreshing when people refrain from profanity on public forums. LOL! You had to see what Judy did to a post on my FB page - Kept writing the "D" word over and over like 100 times (claims she was trying to desensitize me)! I can't wait until it gets reported and she's banned for life for using such profane words! :-)

Jen

Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Park is not open until May 3rd, or else I would try to make it.

Afterall, I did get me Platinum Pass from Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney Dorney!

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/23/13 12:30:04 PM
OMG! You are unbelievable! You bastard! First you force me into a Pro-Dorney group on FB and now this?! You are SO on my s-list! :-)

You know what - may be I will go back to Dorney with a group of you people and make your lives miserable so you all stop this crap and never want to go there with me again! God knows I'm a pain in the ass on a good day and if I'm actively trying to be watch out - it's not pretty! Ask Mike...

Jen

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by ktujon ktujon Profile at 3/25/13 1:37:46 AM
looks like Great Adventure has announced they will be closing Monday March 25, 2013 due to the snow that's coming
WE BUY CARS FOR CASH by junkcarbuyersorlando at 3/25/13 1:49:50 AM
Cash for cars is our business. Junk cars are a nuisance and an eyesore. In some cases they can cost you money: if your county wants you to keep them registered and insured regardless of if they run or not, or fine you for not moving them. Getting cash for junk cars is a perfect solution to this problem.

We buy junk cars including, all years, makes and models in any condition. Wrecked cars, junk cars, damaged cars for sale, and even crashed cars for sale are of interest to junk car buyers. Yes, we buy wrecked cars; and more importantly you junk a car with us, junk car removal is included free of charge, provided it is local junk car removal. You do not pay us one cent instead we take your junk car for cash paid on the spot.

WE BUY CARS FOR CASH

WE BUY CARS FOR CASH

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/25/13 8:36:03 AM
ktujon said:

looks like Great Adventure has announced they will be closing Monday March 25, 2013 due to the snow that's coming

I hit that snow halfway across Pennsylvania last night. Woke up to 5 inches of heavy white stuff this morning. Thank goodness for 2-hour snow delays. It just took about that long to clear my driveway!!

Can't wait for a trip report from this weekend! ;)

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day by alpengeistno3 at 3/25/13 9:22:55 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

ktujon said:

I hit that snow halfway across Pennsylvania last night. Woke up to 5 inches of heavy white stuff this morning. Thank goodness for 2-hour snow delays. It just took about that long to clear my driveway!!

Can't wait for a trip report from this weekend! ;)

Funny, we got the same 2 hr delay and all I needed to do was brush a 1/2 inch of slushy snow off my windshield :p

Paul

Re: Change of Plans Great Adventure Opening Day *NM* by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/25/13 9:25:38 PM
Not fair!