Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question??

Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question??

chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile

Posted:
3/16/13 at
3:15:27 PM

So why does Six Flags make it so difficult to understand things on there website.So what is the difference between a premium pass and a gold pass?I would like a pass that gives me parking for all
Six Flags parks.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/16/13 3:53:37 PM
chitlins73 said:

So why does Six Flags make it so difficult to understand things on there website.So what is the difference between a premium pass and a gold pass?I would like a pass that gives me parking for all
Six Flags parks.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think SFGAdv offers the Gold pass sold at other SF parks, which DOES include parking at ather chain parks. The PREMIUM pass, AFAIK, doesn't even include parking at GAdv..that has to be bought separately, I think. The PREMIUM pass does include Hurricane Harbor, which I expect to visit for the first time ever since that's the pass I have.

I could be wrong..wouldn't be the first time :)

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/16/13 4:53:59 PM
Hey Mike......thanks for chiming in.I think it is so stupid that other six Flags offer the Gold pass for parking at all six flags but our location does not...lol.I guess I have decided to tack on the parking and food deal to my pass.I think it will be worth it in the long run.Did you see the weather for opening weekend??? Gonna be pretty chilly with high's only in the upper 40's!!!
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by drachen drachen Profile at 3/16/13 5:57:05 PM
beastmaster said:

Not 100% sure, but I don't think SFGAdv offers the Gold pass sold at other SF parks, which DOES include parking at other chain parks.

The PREMIUM pass, AFAIK, doesn't even include parking at GAdv..that has to be bought separately, I think. The PREMIUM pass does include Hurricane Harbor, which I expect to visit for the first time ever since that's the pass I have.

I could be wrong..wouldn't be the first time :)

Mike

Correct. It is now just Regular and Premium. However, parking IS included with the Premium Pass, which is a huge reason to go ahead and get it.

Anyone who buys the regular pass is foolish, unless they plan to never pay for parking. For $10 more (the difference between the two) you get the free parking at ALL Six Flags parks, as well as admission to Hurricane Harbor, and early entry to the park.

Parking at Great Adventure alone is $25 bucks, right? The whole point of buying a season pass is to use it more than once. Who would honestly pay for parking, even once, when for a $10 add-on you can get it free all season at all the parks?

I wonder if Six Flags sits back and laughs whenever someone orders the Regular pass (like I did last year).

I will be a Premium guy this year. Whether it's from Six Flags America or Great Adventure is the only decision to make. I've always been a SFA pass holder, since it was cheaper. If they can print the pass out for me, using last year's photo, and get it to me by next weekend, I'll stick with them.

If not, I pay the extra $5 for the Great Adventure pass, and use it on my first visit, which will be Tuesday, March 25th. I hope most of the coasters are open that day.

Here is a breakdown of the differences between the two passes...

http://content.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpass/

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/16/13 6:23:32 PM
Drachen, so far as I know, parking is NOT included with GAdv's Premium Pass..it certainly wasn't included with mine. If you buy four, you get parking..that I know.

Dion, if you're there Opening weekend, look for me, Jen, Paul, and later on, Judy P., and say hi. Good chance Judy and I will also be there Sunday.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/16/13 7:04:07 PM
I think you are correct Mike.In order to get the parking you have to buy 4 passes.I might go on opening day for awhile.My main goal on opening day is to get my coupon book wich seems to be getting lamer every year.I think the better day will be Sunday because MTV has a concert by Ne-YO on Saturday!! Gonna be an obnoxious crowd most likely Saturday.What will you be wearing on Saturday?Somehow maybe it will be easier to find you if you have a certain hat or shirt for me to look out for.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by drachen drachen Profile at 3/16/13 7:11:32 PM
beastmaster said:

Drachen, so far as I know, parking is NOT included with GAdv's Premium Pass..it certainly wasn't included with mine.

Well, kiss my grits... You're right!

Check out Six Flags America's season pass page:

http://content.sixflags.com/america/tickets/seasonpass/

Compare it to Great Adventure's...

I guess that makes my decision for me. Six Flags America Gold Pass it is!

Seriously, Mike, I owe you. I was about to buy the Great Adventure pass. I would have been pretty upset having to pay for parking on my first visit...

It's weird that two parks so close together have such a different structure. Free parking at all Six Flags parks is a HUGE benefit.

* This post was modified at 3/16/13 7:26:33 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/16/13 7:17:57 PM
My sartorial decisions have not yet been made. I'll be doubled up on t-shirts, though, since I prefer not to wear a coat if at all possible..makes it even tighter for me on Toro :(

Keep an eye on this thread, and I'll post late in the week about attire.

I knew about the concert..I'm just playing it by ear and try to get a buncha rides in before the concert crowd arrives. The time while the concert's actually taking place may be the time to ride. But who knows?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/16/13 7:20:51 PM
drachen said:

beastmaster said:

Drachen, so far as I know, parking is NOT included with GAdv's Premium Pass..it certainly wasn't included with mine.

Well, kiss my grits... You're right!

Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/16/13 7:24:21 PM
Ok Mike...I will check back later in the week or you can always just write to me on facebook.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/16/13 7:49:12 PM
chitlins73 said:

Ok Mike...I will check back later in the week or you can always just write to me on facebook.

Facebook? MOI??!!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 2:56:52 AM
chitlins73 said:

I think you are correct Mike.In order to get the parking you have to buy 4 passes.I might go on opening day for awhile.My main goal on opening day is to get my coupon book wich seems to be getting lamer every year.I think the better day will be Sunday because MTV has a concert by Ne-YO on Saturday!! Gonna be an obnoxious crowd most likely Saturday.What will you be wearing on Saturday?Somehow maybe it will be easier to find you if you have a certain hat or shirt for me to look out for.

I'll be with him on a knee scooter - you won't be able to miss us since I'm surely going to be the only person with one of those, LOL! I would have chimed in on your question but I hadn't checked the forum in a few days but you came to the corect conclusion. Maybe we'll see each other on Sat.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/17/13 7:15:33 AM
GoYanks34 said: I would have chimed in on your question but I hadn't checked the forum in a few days but you came to the corect conclusion. Maybe we'll see each other on Sat.

Jen

Pneumonia for the past week here, but I have informed the doctor that I WILL BE HEALTHY by opening day. Not riding coasters ... not an option!!

However, thanks to 6 Flags season pass "issues," I will be catching up with our little group at Great Adventure later in the day. Saturday morning, I will drive from Pittsburgh to DC in order to get a pass at 6 Flags America (cheqper and FREE PARKING AT ALL 6 FLAGS PARKS), then drive to Great Adventure for a mid-afternoon hookup with the group. I plan to hit a number of 6 Flags Parks this year, so for me, it's financially worth a little chaos on opening day.

I'm hoping to get my voice back in the next day or two so I can make some final arrangements by phone.

Can't wait!!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 2:31:34 PM
Now the cast of Jersey Shore is apparently attending - I have a BAD feeling about this....

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Six%20Flags%20Great%20Adventure

And MTV is filming this for a series - another HUGE problem as we all know how much people want to be on TV

http://www.mtv.com/shows/spring_break/2013/series.jhtml#moreinfo

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/17/13 2:53:54 PM
I want to use words I can't use on a family forum. But you know what they are and you've heard me say them. So has Judy. So has Paul.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 3/17/13 3:55:46 PM
Maybe we should all do 6 Flags America on Saturday, then Great Adventure on Sunday.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 4:11:37 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

Maybe we should all do 6 Flags America on Saturday, then Great Adventure on Sunday.

While I think that's an excellent idea I could never do 2 parks in two consecutive days, especially with that drive. Long drives KILL my ankle and guess who doesn't have cruise control? I have not even remotely tested my ankle by being on it for long periods - still told to avoid that BUT I could still meet you guys on Sunday at SFGadv if you all wanted to do that. That's not a problem at all and I think would probably be better. We all know how incompetent all the new employees are on opening day/week and add to that a huge crowd of teens and that's an equation for a very bad day.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/17/13 5:13:29 PM
I have a question. I would like to buy a SF America season pass.. It is the closest park to me.. and I want the coupon book for SFA.. and get the FREE parking. BUT, do you have to go to that SF first. A friend wants to go to SFGA opening weekend.. so I won't be able to get to SFA first. Can I buy a Season Pass for SFA, but go to SFGA first?
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 5:21:23 PM
lauraj said:

I have a question. I would like to buy a SF America season pass.. It is the closest park to me.. and I want the coupon book for SFA.. and get the FREE parking. BUT, do you have to go to that SF first. A friend wants to go to SFGA opening weekend.. so I won't be able to get to SFA first. Can I buy a Season Pass for SFA, but go to SFGA first?

No. You have to process your pass at the park that issues it so you would have to go to SFA before any other SF park. Otherwise everyone would buy the cheapest pass and just use it at their home park. That rule is there for a reason.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/17/13 5:35:30 PM
Thanks, that is what I thought. That does make sense.. but it is annoying.. lol.. I thought maybe they could mail it to me.. I was a season pass holder to SFA last year.. It might be worth it to drive there on Saturday.. NOT supposed to leave for SAGA until Sat night..
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/17/13 5:44:47 PM
Well, there you go. Because if you read some comments above, it looks like GAdv will be a mob scene Saturday, and Sunday will likely be a better day at the park.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/17/13 5:48:50 PM
Thanks, Mike. If my buddy doesn't bail, maybe I will see you there..
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 5:48:59 PM
lauraj said:

Thanks, that is what I thought. That does make sense.. but it is annoying.. lol.. I thought maybe they could mail it to me.. I was a season pass holder to SFA last year.. It might be worth it to drive there on Saturday.. NOT supposed to leave for SAGA until Sat night..

This year get your season pass and process it before the season ends that way it's ready to go anywhere once the parks open next year. The only thing you would have to do is go to SFA to get your pass book at the start of the season.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/17/13 5:52:10 PM
lauraj said:

Thanks, Mike. If my buddy doesn't bail, maybe I will see you there..

Are you talking about SF Great Adventure or Great America? SFGA is the abbreviation for Great America in Chicago. SFGAdv is for Great Adventure.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/17/13 5:56:12 PM
Thanks, Jen. that is a good idea. I wasn't sure I would buy the season pass again, and then a friend wanted to go on opening weekend.. and it seemed like it made good financial sense..
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 3/17/13 5:57:09 PM
Sorry, Great Adventure.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/17/13 5:59:34 PM
I got my pass last Labor Day Weekend. Great price, waterpark included, all ready to go next SUNDAY.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Question?? by alpengeistno3 at 3/17/13 6:26:26 PM
One year, I bought my pass at SFA, but did not get back to get it processed before the park closed. SFGradv opened 1st for the new season. I was told I could bring my unprocessed pass to Gradv and still get admission.

After waiting a half hour in the Guest Relations line and getting a 15 minute runaround about how my pass was "not a season pass" but a "Big Six pass" that allowed for six admissions to the park (Gradv had been running that promotion, if presume for Frightfest and it was the same price as the 49.99 SFA pass), I was finally allowed in.

It was a huge headache that I would prefer not to repeat (my pass for this year is already processed and ready).

So, you can probably get in on your unprocessed SFA pass, but it will be a huge pain.

Paul