Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Update

Update

Stredain Stredain Profile

Posted:
2/22/13 at
10:11:45 PM

Hello everyone.. I am finally with enough time to
post here and say hello. I have been busily
training a new service dog and getting use to a new life. After a diagnosis of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress
Disorder), I have been steadily getting better. I am still unable to face crowds and the freakout session during
Christmastown seems a distant memory.
If you want humiliation, have a nervous breakdown
at an Amusement park.. its something that humbles
you. I had it on XMas Eve in BGW of all places, in
Germany to boot. I spent the last 2 weeks trying to piece things together and I am well enough and have enough time to post.
So, I am sorry I havent posted... missed the talk
and soon as I am better and up to it, I intend to
conquer my fear of crowds.
Stredain

Re: Update by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/23/13 6:43:19 AM
I don't remember you mentioning before what you termed your "freakout session," but welcome back. I'm glad you're heading toward doing better.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Update by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/23/13 9:45:29 AM
Welcome back, and it's great that you're getting back to some sort of normalcy and willing to face your fears. I hope you are able to fully recover and once again enjoy life.

It can happen to anyone. We recently had to let a clerk go at work with twenty years experience after an episode last summer that left her emotionally crippled. Very unfortunate. We tried to ease her back into a routine a couple days a week but it just didn't work out and now everyone else is having to do double duty.

Hoping you can get back into the station and face the lift hill again.