Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point

Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
1/31/13 at
9:10:40 PM

Anyone stayed at the light house point cabins at Cedar Point? My group is staying there and I'd like your input.

- Pat-O

Re: Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point by drachen drachen Profile at 1/31/13 9:29:26 PM
LoneStar said:

Anyone stayed at the light house point cabins at Cedar Point? My group is staying there and I'd like your input.

- Pat-O

Excellent choice.

I've stayed there and at Breakers. Give me the cabins any day. They are roomy, yet very cozy, with all the amenities you'll need for your stay.

We had one right on the Lake Erie shoreline, which means we could sit on out front porch and enjoy the view of the lake - a stone's throw away.

At the same time, it felt like Mean Streak was just outside our back window - which as a coaster fan, I really liked.

I enjoyed Hotel Breakers, but give me the cabins any day.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point by NotSo NotSo Profile at 2/1/13 8:12:16 AM
Be careful, the "cabins" are not right on the lake. If you want to be right on the lake book a "cottage".

We stay there almost every year since they opened. Its a nice way to vacation, but they are way overpriced. Still, we always stay there and really relax and enjoy having our own cottage on the lake for a few days, with Cedar Point in our backyard. Cant beat that. Ask for a cottage close to Mean Streak, it is pretty cool to have that giant wooden coaster right in front of you, and you can hear the train whistle and such. The other end has been known to have ants... bad..

* This post was modified at 2/1/13 8:44:09 AM *

Re: Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point by drachen drachen Profile at 2/1/13 9:47:34 AM
NotSo said:

Be careful, the "cabins" are not right on the lake. If you want to be right on the lake book a "cottage".

My bad. You are correct. We had a cottage as well.

NotSo said:

Still, we always stay there and really relax and enjoy having our own cottage on the lake for a few days, with Cedar Point in our backyard. Cant beat that.

Exactly...

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur