Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach

Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach

Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile

Posted:
1/21/13 at
2:07:41 AM

Last week it was Conneaut Lake. This week it's Indiana Beach.

Northern Indiana county says Indiana Beach amusement park owes estimated $347,000 in taxes

MONTICELLO, Indiana — A northern Indiana county says it is owed about $347,000 in combined property and innkeeper's taxes by an amusement park.

White County's tourism authority and treasurer told the Journal & Courier the Indiana Beach Amusement Resort on Lake Shafer neglected to pay an estimated $180,000 in innkeeper's taxes and about $167,000 in 2011 property taxes.

White County leaders say they are taking action to collect the money.

A message seeking comment was left Sunday by The Associated Press at Indiana Beach offices and its parent company, Morgan RV Resorts. The Journal & Courier reported the company did not return numerous calls and messages.

Morgan RV recently paid the county $11,000 in innkeeper's taxes. County Commissioner John Heimlich said he is confident Indiana Beach will settle its debt.

Source: The Republic, Columbus Indiana

Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/21/13 8:28:18 AM
Poor IB just can't get a break. 2011 was a year of turmoil for them, and what taxes they paid is miniscule compared to what they apparently owe.
Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/21/13 11:43:52 AM
It is not like they (IB) didn't collect them from fare paying patron. Now pay what is due.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 1/22/13 9:04:41 PM
Wishing is one thing and reality another. IMHO it has nothing to do with the economy but the way they run the business. Other parks are not only surviving but thriving.

And a good deal of it is Karma.
A lot of good people got treated like crap by Morgan and their operations sucked when i visited.

Chuck. Like I said, Wishing the Spackmans were still owners but reality.........

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/22/13 11:21:26 PM
I like ya Indiana Beach, but Irwin R. Schyster (IRS) will eventually get his money. So pay your taxes!
Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by alpengeistno3 at 1/23/13 12:06:12 AM
Overbanked said:

I like ya Indiana Beach, but Irwin R. Schyster (IRS) will eventually get his money. So pay your taxes!

Isn't it funny now that the Million Dollar Man and IRS used to be a tag team back in the day? That angle could never happen today!!

Paul

Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/23/13 6:17:15 AM
Ahhh, when the WWF was fun and entertaining. I miss that. I met IRS (Mike Rotundo) once at a match.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Tax Man Going After Indiana Beach by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/23/13 7:35:33 PM
^^^Good stuff Paul, I was thinking about that theme too! Hey Mike remember, you meant to say when the WWF was the WWF, as it's the WWE now. I miss those Saturday mornings watching old school wrestling on TV, so nostalgic. Wrestling pretty much died after the WWE acquired WCW IMO. That's cool that you met IRS Mike. IMO IRS arguably had the best provoking gimmicks ever; Talk about someone who knows how to get the crowd riled up!

* This post was modified at 1/23/13 7:40:30 PM *