Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Summer Coaster Trip

Summer Coaster Trip

rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile

Posted:
1/17/13 at
5:22:16 PM

So I've been back from boot camp for about 3 weeks now. I also found out that my first duty station is in Yokosuka Japan. Which is about an hour from Fuji Q Highland amusement park. But I was just thinking about going back to Cedar Point again this summer. Taking ;eave and flying back to the states to go to Cedar Point. The more I've been thinking about my trip I've made it into a coaster trip. I'm now planing on flying into Norfolk Virginia on Monday July 8th. Then on the 9th is Vans Warped Tour. Then after the concert go to Williamsburg and go to Busch Gardens the next day.
So my first question is directed towards people near the area. How busy would Busch Gardens be on a Wendsday during the summer?
Next I will be going to Kings Dominion. Now for my second question. Is it busy enough on a weekday at Kings Dominion to be worth buying a fast lane pass?
After that I will be flying into Cleveland from Richmond. I will be taking a taxi towards Cedar Point and stay for the weekend. I will be flying out of Cleveland on Tuesday July 16th and heading back to Tokyo to get back to my ship.
Brandon Carlson

Re: Summer Coaster Trip by frontrow frontrow Profile at 1/17/13 8:52:33 PM
Great to hear from you Brandon. We were at Busch Gardens on Monday July 23rd 2012. The waits were very minimal, except for Verbolten and Dark Castle. We really rode a lot that day, in fact it was the most fun that I have had in a while. The employees did inform me that we were there on a less busy day. Apparently the week before was a little busier, but still not crowded. You should be good being that you are going on a Wednesday, and after the 4th of July. The sane should apply to Kings Dominion. Good luck and have fun.

On a side note, I would like to thank you. Thank you for serving our country, so my children and I can enjoy the freedoms like going to amusement parks. Be safe, and know that I really do appreciate your service.

Re: Summer Coaster Trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/18/13 5:50:17 AM
frontrow said:
The sane should apply to Kings Dominion.

What, they don't let crazy people work there? I guess I can't apply then :(

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Summer Coaster Trip by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 1/23/13 8:39:00 PM
That's very good that they will both be slow those days. And your welcome.
Re: Summer Coaster Trip by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 1/23/13 11:48:10 PM
Although my trips to BGW and KD have been in August/tail end of the summer, weekdays are fairly good as far as getting on the rides with less waits.

KD, if you ride Volcano first in the morning, the rest of the day should be fine regarding the other rides. I305 isn't too bad provided they run 2 trains if the line wait is past 30 min. Dominator is another good ride that can move the lines decently especially if they run 3 trains. FoF can be hit or miss, so I'd do that in the morning right after Volcano.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.