Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Cheap Soda At Clementon Park

Cheap Soda At Clementon Park

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
1/11/13 at
3:54:56 PM

Got an e-mail from Clementon Park today. Nothing earth-shattering, but one of the perks for purchasing a Season Pass at $50 is 99 cent sodas all season. Obviously some parks offer free soft drinks to all visitors, others offer cheap refills on over-priced souvenir cups. I only mentioned this offer because I think it strikes a nice middle ground.

I should get back down there..it's nearly a three hour ride. I really liked Hellcat (J2 at the time) and they have a nice flume ride and a couple of decent waterpark elements.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by frontrow frontrow Profile at 1/11/13 5:47:05 PM
That is one park that I have yet to visit, and would really like to. I think the reason I have put it off is due to the fact that I didn't care for Hellcat at Timber Falls. If I'm not mistaken isn't Hellcat at Clementon Park a sister coaster to Hellcat at Timber Falls. Other than Hellcat, does Clementon have any other coasters?
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/11/13 8:41:37 PM
frontrow said:

That is one park that I have yet to visit, and would really like to. I think the reason I have put it off is due to the fact that I didn't care for Hellcat at Timber Falls. If I'm not mistaken isn't Hellcat at Clementon Park a sister coaster to Hellcat at Timber Falls. Other than Hellcat, does Clementon have any other coasters?

I don't think they're sister (brother?) coasters..they just share a name. J2 is a wonderful but way-too-short ride. It replaced JackRabbit which was..if I'm not mistaken..the oldest operating coaster in the U.S. at the time of its demise..I don't think Leap The Dips had been re-opened yet. The name was briefly changed to Tsunami, but I don't think it ever operated under that moniker due to the events in Indonesia back around the time of the re-christening. It might have had another name before Hellcat, but I don't think so.

It is indeed the only full-fledged coaster in the park, but they have a Ring Of Fire looper.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by frontrow frontrow Profile at 1/12/13 3:18:23 PM
beastmaster said:

frontrow said:

That is one park that I have yet to visit, and would really like to. I think the reason I have put it off is due to the fact that I didn't care for Hellcat at Timber Falls. If I'm not mistaken isn't Hellcat at Clementon Park a sister coaster to Hellcat at Timber Falls. Other than Hellcat, does Clementon have any other coasters?

I don't think they're sister (brother?) coasters..they just share a name. J2 is a wonderful but way-too-short ride. It replaced JackRabbit which was..if I'm not mistaken..the oldest operating coaster in the U.S. at the time of its demise..I don't think Leap The Dips had been re-opened yet. The name was briefly changed to Tsunami, but I don't think it ever operated under that moniker due to the events in Indonesia back around the time of the re-christening. It might have had another name before Hellcat, but I don't think so.

It is indeed the only full-fledged coaster in the park, but they have a Ring Of Fire looper.

Mike

I Checked out Hellcat on You Tube. Hellcat at Clementon and Hellcat at Timber Falls are completely different. I would like to do a trip that includes Clementon, Morey's and Jolly Roger. I haven't been to any of those parks. Are there any other parks in that area that you would recommend? I must admit I have not done much research on those ocean side parks.

Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/12/13 4:35:55 PM
There are several oceanfront parks I haven't been to, because they're largely just collections of kiddie rides, with maybe a junior steel coaster or a small wild mouse thrown in. Jolly Roger is one of those. I'm surprised you haven't been to Moreys. I went to Wildwood every summer as a kid, but only get there about every three years or so now. Lot of variety there. Clementon's worth a trip if you're in that half of the state visiting other places.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by frontrow frontrow Profile at 1/12/13 7:17:40 PM
Thanks Mike. I've been waiting for that GCI woodie at Morey's. When they finally build that coaster I will do the research and make a coaster trip in that area.
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/12/13 7:59:20 PM
frontrow said:

Thanks Mike. I've been waiting for that GCI woodie at Morey's. When they finally build that coaster I will do the research and make a coaster trip in that area.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I think if it's gonna happen, it's at least 3-5 years away. I hope I'm wrong.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 1/13/13 9:52:05 PM
As someone who lives 20 minutes from the park I can say it has it's charm for me. As I grew up I went there so it's nice to see it evolve over time.

They have been adding a lot to the waterpark, but nothing earth shattering. I think the most recent additions were two vertical drop slides and a matt racer slide addition.

I would love to see the park become like a Mt.Olympus with all wood coasters but they are such a small park and I don't know how much property they actually own. They have that lake in the way as well.

Clementon offer great deals with coupons/group discounts via local wawa (convenient stores) or fast food places. Not sure why you would ever be near Clementon if you're not from the area, but if you are check it out. It's way too small to go out of the way for.

Wildwood and Morey's Piers are definitely worth a nice little trip too. It's not the cleanest place, and you may see some Snookie look a likes, but it's a cool place. Go karts, shops, candy stores, coasters, thrill rides, water parks, AND the beach. Bars/clubs as well if you're into that sorta thing. It's just the whole "jersey shore" (not the tv show) experience.

* This post was modified at 1/13/13 9:59:02 PM *

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/14/13 6:16:16 PM
That's a very nice perk for passholders.

I know Six Flags offers the souvenir bottle with free refills on day of purchase and 99 cent for the rest of year, but I just can't fathom having to cart that thing around.

Here is an idea for Six Flags. How about a season pass upcharge? Pay $15.99 and you get unlimited 99 cent soft drinks for the entire year. A sticker could be applied to your pass or if their POS system were interfaced with ticketing a swipe of your pass could apply the appropriate discount.

I can think of a number of upsell opportunities at the time of sale of the soft drink as well.

These are the kind of upgrades that would really appeal to me.

Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 1/17/13 3:24:31 AM
Eric_Gieszl said:

That's a very nice perk for passholders.


I know Six Flags offers the souvenir bottle with free refills on day of purchase and 99 cent for the rest of year, but I just can't fathom having to cart that thing around.

Here is an idea for Six Flags. How about a season pass upcharge? Pay $15.99 and you get unlimited 99 cent soft drinks for the entire year. A sticker could be applied to your pass or if their POS system were interfaced with ticketing a swipe of your pass could apply the appropriate discount.

I can think of a number of upsell opportunities at the time of sale of the soft drink as well.

These are the kind of upgrades that would really appeal to me.

This makes too much sense which is why you'll never see Six Flags do it.

:)

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by Coaster316 at 1/17/13 7:32:48 AM
This is close...a Season Dining Pass.

SFNE Introduces Season Dining Pass

Re: Cheap Soda At Clementon Park by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/17/13 9:11:36 AM
Coaster316 said:

This is close...a Season Dining Pass.

Yeah, I was reading about that on GAdv's site this morning. It's not that bad a deal..two meals every time you visit outside of FrightFest, $5 more to include FF. I'm still often guilty of not being concerned with eating while I'm at the park, but for someone who's going to make use of it, it's pretty sweet. Plus you even get the souvenir cup at a discount, leading to the afore-mentioned cheap refills all season!

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...