Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death

Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
1/10/13 at
9:29:56 AM

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130107/CITYANDREGION/130109441/1002

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death by alpengeistno3 at 1/10/13 8:34:07 PM
I don't know what parking was this past year, but does anyone want to bet on a noticeable hike for the 2013 season?

Paul

Re: Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death by Franchise at 1/11/13 10:40:14 AM
What part of the ride was he ejected from? Immediately after the incident it was being said that it was when the train crested the second hill, however in this article it says on the ride's last hill, only to contradict itself by saying he fell 135 feet. Anyone know the specifics?
Re: Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 1/12/13 6:06:47 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

I don't know what parking was this past year, but does anyone want to bet on a noticeable hike for the 2013 season?

Paul

Very sad... I mean I wonder who was really at fault there. The victim was a double amputee, he should not have been on a ride where you really need legs to be held into the train. I blame political correctness in part because someone could've used his disability as a reason he should not be denied a right to ride that coaster. (if I'm overthinking this, then I apologize in advance.)

Imo, the very worst was the operator should've been suspended or fired for exercising poor judgement in allowing that man to ride the coaster. The victim paid the price for taking a risk, there should not be any settlement.

Re: Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 1/17/13 8:30:00 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Very sad... I mean I wonder who was really at fault there. The victim was a double amputee, he should not have been on a ride where you really need legs to be held into the train. I blame political correctness in part because someone could've used his disability as a reason he should not be denied a right to ride that coaster. (if I'm overthinking this, then I apologize in advance.)

Imo, the very worst was the operator should've been suspended or fired for exercising poor judgement in allowing that man to ride the coaster. The victim paid the price for taking a risk, there should not be any settlement.

In the news story it said he had prosthesis legs, and that he didn't wear them to the park. He should have brought them, if so, I'm pretty sure he would have been fine.

Re: Settlement Reached in Darien Lake Amputee Coaster Death by Mikey_Mad Mikey_Mad Profile at 1/19/13 12:03:37 PM
Perhaps this veteran simply left this life in the best way he could imagine.