Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Sea World Acquires Knotts Soak City
Re: Sea World Acquires Knotts Soak City by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/8/13 8:15:54 PM
I posted an article about this on UltimateWaterpark.com in November.

http://www.ultimatewaterpark.com/news/stories/2012-11-20_85.html

It's exciting news and I think the SeaWorld brand, plus the cross-promotion opportunities will really help this waterpark. Southern California is a somewhat challenging market for waterparks.

I'll be curious to see what changes they make to the park and what their signature attraction will be.

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Sea World Acquires Knotts Soak City by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 1/9/13 12:11:04 AM
I didn't even know there was an "Ultimate waterpark" site! Learn something new everyday! :-)

I'm curious to see how it's run by them as well. Too bad I was just there so it will probably be a while before I'm out in CA again or I may have given it a try.

Jen

Re: Sea World Acquires Knott's Soak City by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/9/13 12:59:32 AM
What did you think of the San Diego water park?

I've never been to that Soak City. I've been to the one in Buena Park next door to Knott's in recent years. I grew up going to Oasis Water Park, which is now the Knott's Soak City in Palm Springs, but haven't been since it was acquired by Cedar Fair, re-branded and received the upgrades.