Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > MyMagic+

MyMagic+

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
1/7/13 at
8:17:41 AM

Had you heard of Disney's new for 2013 "MyMagic+ ?"
I had not.
Link below.

This paragraph caught my eye:
"MyMagic+ will allow users of a new Web site and app — called My Disney Experience — to preselect three FastPasses before they leave home for rides or V.I.P. seating for parades, fireworks and character meet-and-greets. Orlando-bound guests can also preregister for RFID bracelets. These so-called MagicBands will function as room key, park ticket, FastPass and credit card."

I don't intend to enter any debate about the good/bad (or should I say plus/minus) of such things; I get it. A 20-30-something will accept and adapt to such things more quickly than a 60-something like me.

However, I've been made aware, so when the time comes that I start planning my next DW visit, I will know to at least try to use MyMagic+.

Mike B.

MyMagic+ NY times article

Mike B.
Re: MyMagic+ by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/7/13 1:18:49 PM
This is part of the NextGen project.

It's not available to all guests. At this moment they have been inviting select on-property guests to test it. In the future it appears to be something you will pay for.

I'm not a fan. It's not that I can't accept change. It's about the fact that I don't like to plan my theme park trips so I am on a schedule. I prefer to be flexible.