Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coaster Stuff For Christmas?

Coaster Stuff For Christmas?

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
12/27/12 at
10:09:30 AM

I like roller coasters. A lot. Did you know that?

I dislike Star Wars. A lot. Did you know that?

So I'm very conflicted about the t-shirt my nephew gave me for Christmas. It portrays Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper riding a roller coaster. Should I wear it? Should I not? I now have TWO t-shirts with famous people/characters doing what I love to do. But the Pope one was my creation ("my CREATION?" Who am I, Victor Frankenstein (Fronkonsteen?)...so I'm partial to that.

One of my clients (anonymously, unfortunately) sent me a $100 Amazon gift card and my sister gave me a $50 Visa card, so there's a possibility coaster related-stuff may come from those. Last year (wll, this year) I used the Visa card toward my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I was an honorary Jewish person for the day, and went to the movies and had pizza (and a RING DING! One of the last available!) with my friend Ellen. We also watched a bit of A Charlie Brown Christmas on her DVR. Then I came home and watched Snow White and the Huntsman.

Anyone get any coaster-related goodies?

Mike

* This post was modified at 12/27/12 10:39:24 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 12/27/12 11:29:50 AM
ACE 2013 calendar for my office.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/27/12 11:44:05 AM
KevinReid said:

ACE 2013 calendar for my office.

I got two of those...one for my cubicle at work which I put up yesterday, and one for my kitchen wall which will go up early next week. But I bought those for myself.

Interestingly enough, I have not been on a single one of the 12 coasters depicted :(

Mike

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/27/12 12:09:17 PM
For the record I was in LOVE with Darth Vader as a child (I believe this is where my poor choices in men began, LOL). I even dressed up as him for Halloween in first or second grade. If you don't want to wear that shirt, I will. :-)

Perhaps that's also why when the Yankees are called the Evil Empire I think it's a compliment. ;-)

Jen

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/27/12 12:43:26 PM
GoYanks34 said:
If you don't want to wear that shirt, I will. :-)

Jen

He also gave me something else that I'm already planning on exchanging (DVD box set of WWF/WWE featuring McMahon, Hogan, and Roddy Piper) so I'll feel obligated to wear it occasionally. Maybe one day when we meet up, I'll bring it and you can wear it. It's 2XL but I haven't tried it on yet. Then you'll ask me to take your picture, and I'll keep screwing it up, then you'll get churro crumbs on it....

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/27/12 12:46:20 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:
If you don't want to wear that shirt, I will. :-)

Jen

He also gave me something else that I'm already planning on exchanging (DVD box set of WWF/WWE featuring McMahon, Hogan, and Roddy Piper) so I'll feel obligated to wear it occasionally. Maybe one day when we meet up, I'll bring it and you can wear it. It's 2XL but I haven't tried it on yet. Then you'll ask me to take your picture, and I'll keep screwing it up, then you'll get churro crumbs on it....

LMAO! Darth Vader, roller coasters and churros - can it get any better than that? All I need is Godsmack performing at the arena that day with bunnies frolicking in the grass and my life would be complete! :-)

Jen

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/27/12 5:55:07 PM
beastmaster said:

Interestingly enough, I have not been on a single one of the 12 coasters depicted :(

Mike

I counted only two I've been on.
But the ones overseas...I'll probably never get on any of 'em...so the percentage increases.

I got (a hat with) "dangly things," which is related to coasters to a certain extent in that a bunch of nutty PPP revelers I know have made it a mission to have those for the Oct 2013 festivities so one certain individual is not the only one with such a "claim to fame."
I did say nutty.
;-)

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 12/27/12 7:33:13 PM
I say you should wear the shirt because your nephew bought you something for Christmas which is nice. If you don't like it, you could wear it once in a while, or in front of him only.

I didn't really get anything coaster related this year. Although for New Years, I bought my cousin a KD season pass for 2013 because I'm going to help her conquer her fears of roller coasters in 2013.

* This post was modified at 12/27/12 7:36:37 PM *

Re: Coaster Stuff For Christmas? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/27/12 11:23:06 PM
MABrider said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

I counted only two I've been on.
But the ones overseas...I'll probably never get on any of 'em...so the percentage increases.

Mike B.

Well, yeah, I'm the same boat (train?) with the overseas coasters. But the only featured PARKS I've been to are Dollywood and Canada's Wonderland...and Wild Eagle and Leviathan were built after my visits. So, zero.

Mike