Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gatekeeper opening

Gatekeeper opening

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
12/19/12 at
11:50:36 PM

I will be at Cedar Point the Sunday after season opening, May 12. Will Gatekeeper be open then? Anyone know?

- Pat-O

Re: Gatekeeper opening by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/12 6:03:48 AM
LoneStar said:

I will be at Cedar Point the Sunday after season opening, May 12. Will Gatekeeper be open then? Anyone know?

- Pat-O

Let me consult the Magic 8-Ball.

Result: Ask Again Later. :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Gatekeeper opening by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 12/20/12 9:07:28 AM
Ok. It's Later -

Oh mighty magic 8 ball...we beseech thy wisdom for the pronostication of the grand opening ritual that will welcome the birth of the Almighty Cedar Point's newest creation...shall we perchance to experience Gatekeeper on the twelfth day of the fifth month of the year 2013 AD, the 64th Katun of the Mayan?

- Pat-O

Re: Gatekeeper opening by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/12 9:23:37 AM
LoneStar said:

Ok. It's Later -

Oh mighty magic 8 ball...we beseech thy wisdom for the pronostication of the grand opening ritual that will welcome the birth of the Almighty Cedar Point's newest creation...shall we perchance to experience Gatekeeper on the twelfth day of the fifth month of the year 2013 AD, the 64th Katun of the Mayan?

- Pat-O

I consulted again. I never saw this answer appear before: "You bald fool! Don't you know what tomorrow is? The only Gatekeeper you should be worrying about is St. Peter! Now get back to work and earn your last day's pay!"

Sorry, Pat-O.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Gatekeeper opening by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 12/20/12 12:12:53 PM
Ominous, indeed.
Re: Gatekeeper opening by alpengeistno3 at 12/20/12 6:31:06 PM
Well, it is a B&M. Sounds like you could go to Vegas on that bet.

Paul

Re: Gatekeeper opening by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 12/25/12 2:36:20 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

With the construction update I last saw, it most likely will. They are getting it done fast. I can't wait!!, 2013 is going to be my very first time to CP ever!!!!

Re: Gatekeeper opening by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/26/12 4:46:15 PM
Fatsoccerguy191 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

With the construction update I last saw, it most likely will. They are getting it done fast. I can't wait!!, 2013 is going to be my very first time to CP ever!!!!

Will be my first time as well! Cedar Point is going to bring me up to 125+ coasters this year. Can't WAITTTT.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Gatekeeper opening by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 12/27/12 2:57:18 AM
LoneStar said:

- Pat-O

My Guess would be Yes, B&M has a big history of being done on time and fully tested. As with all new rides, There may be bugs, But Id say yes, Id also say to avoid four hour waits, You'd want to buy the fast pass although I'm truelove against such things. :)

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Gatekeeper opening by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/27/12 9:29:15 PM
Does anyone know of any B&M installation that did not open on time, in the US and Canada? I'm coming up empty on that one.

I can't even think of a B&M that was announced "coming in Spring!" Usually they are announced for a specific date, and normally that is for a park's season opening day.
And they make the date.

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: Gatekeeper opening by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/27/12 9:32:08 PM
MABrider said:
Usually they are announced for a specific date...
And they make the date.

That's professionalism.

Re: Gatekeeper opening by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/28/12 11:21:15 AM
RobLec said:

MABrider said:
Usually they are announced for a specific date...
And they make the date.

That's professionalism.

"Like" button pressed!

Jen

Re: Gatekeeper opening by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 12/28/12 1:17:01 PM
I also can't think of a delayed B&M period. The only one that had growing issue was AIR at Alton Towers and that was one of the two Flying Coaster prototype. Issues were resolved quickly and now it runs like clockwork, running 3 trains and pumping 1200 guests an hour through.

I had the chance to talk with a few park maintenance people this summer who happened to have some shiny new B&M coasters to play with. They all were very happy and they all considered them the best rides out there. Easy to build. Easy to fix and maintain.

In the case of Dollywood, B&M even arranged for the maintenance management to go out to France for a week. Why? So they could learn from the people who built their two Wild Eagle trains how to take care of them and how to do winter maintenance. Plus, they got to do the full inspection of their trains and they knew that when they would arrive at the park, they'd be perfect and ready to go.

Re: Gatekeeper opening by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 12/30/12 9:56:47 PM
I don't doubt B&M give park maintained classes on maintenance and trouble shooting.

I also know that most of their coasters software systems are monitored upgradable almost instantaneously via internet.

I personally think that they won't make a late sale and want certain key things done as early as possible. In KI's case, they poured the footers for the lift PRE SEASON the year before the ride opened. It took someone pointing out the flower pots on top of the footers to get me to notice :)

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011