Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > winter tours ?

winter tours ?

incineratorr incineratorr Profile

Posted:
12/17/12 at
6:45:39 PM

Does any one know when the winter tours for great adventure and dorney park are ?

Re: winter tours ? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/17/12 8:32:39 PM
Wasn't aware they were offered, unless through a coaster club or something of that nature.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: winter tours ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/18/12 6:17:11 PM
I've never heard of such a thing either. I know Great Adventure works with some of the colleges with animal science majors for externships at the safari but I don't think they even do that in the winter.

Call or e-mail the parks and ask. SFGadv has been awesome with answering any e-mail I've sent them this past year.

Jen

Re: winter tours ? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/18/12 6:32:48 PM
GoYanks34 said:
I've never heard of such a thing either.

Recently I got an email from Kings Island offering an off-season tour of the park. The selling point was to "see behind the scenes". Having worked there for the past decade, including a year in maintenance, believe me I've seen all the "behind the scenes" that I could ever want to see. So I deleted the email and now can't find it in my trash. But just to let you know that, like Santa and the M&M guys, these things do exist.

EDIT: I found it!

REGISTER TO WIN A BEHIND-THE-SCENES WINTER TOUR
Winter tour offers unique video & photo opportunities!
Ever wonder what Kings Island looks like in the winter? Now, here's your chance to find out! Register to win a behind-the-scenes winter tour of Kings Island for four, including a look inside the maintenance shops. Winners will be picked in January.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/behind-the-scenes-winter-tour

* This post was modified at 12/18/12 6:43:01 PM *

Re: winter tours ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/18/12 6:36:45 PM
RobLec said:

GoYanks34 said:

Recently I got an email from Kings Island offering an off-season tour of the park. The selling point was to "see behind the scenes". Having worked there for the past decade, including a year in maintenance, believe me I've seen all the "behind the scenes" that I could ever want to see. So I deleted the email and now can't find it in my trash. But just to let you know that, like Santa and the M&M guys, these things do exist.

The Easter Bunny too?! YAY! LOL!

It's a great idea to make some cash in the off season but you'd have to have knowledgeable people running them for it to be worth while and I'm not sure how many of them are available this time of year. I suppose someone could do it for some extra cash on the weekends though. I'll shoot SFGadv an e-mail (they've probably blocked me by now!) and see what they say. Now you've got me intrigued....

Jen

Re: winter tours ? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/18/12 7:17:26 PM
Jen - I found the email and updated my post. It doesn't sound to me like it would be a money maker, but probably a good PR move.
Re: winter tours ? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/18/12 8:08:18 PM
RobLec said:

GoYanks34 said:

But just to let you know that, like Santa and the M&M guys, these things do exist.

Yeah, sure. Next you'll be telling me there's people that LIKE the Dark Knight Coaster :)

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: winter tours ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/18/12 8:14:18 PM
beastmaster said:

RobLec said:

GoYanks34 said:

But just to let you know that, like Santa and the M&M guys, these things do exist.

Yeah, sure. Next you'll be telling me there's people that LIKE the Dark Knight Coaster :)

Mike

Come on - now you're definitely talking about fairy tales!

Jen

* This post was modified at 12/18/12 8:17:54 PM *

Re: winter tours ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/18/12 8:16:45 PM
RobLec said:

Jen - I found the email and updated my post. It doesn't sound to me like it would be a money maker, but probably a good PR move.

I'd like to do it sometime just to see what it's like and if it's worth it although it would probably be torturous to be around roller coasters when you can't ride them and are going through winter withdrawal.

Jen

Re: winter tours ? by henrywilson henrywilson Profile at 12/27/12 7:48:39 AM
You can spend your winter vacations in resorts specially at those places where there is more snow fall, so these types of places are more entertaining and adventurous for you and family.
Re: winter tours ? by jacobs8891 at 1/8/13 6:01:30 AM
Looking out for the best recreation and adventure places in texas beforehand can surely add flavors to the vacations. With all the fun activities, its a bliss being there holidaying! One can always check out for the best resorts that have the facilities according to the requirement.

Best dallas recreation centers in texas

* This post was modified at 1/8/13 6:04:03 AM *

Re: winter tours ? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 1/8/13 9:28:40 AM
jacobs8891 said:

Looking out for the best recreation and adventure places in texas beforehand can surely add flavors to the vacations. With all the fun activities, its a bliss being there holidaying! One can always check out for the best resorts that have the facilities according to the requirement.

Woohoo, spammers unite! Let me be the first to sign up and lose my money. :p