Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Universal Orlando expansion?

Universal Orlando expansion?

ThrillingMedia

Posted:
12/13/12 at
12:08:01 AM

So here's what I've heard and confirmed online by other sources:

- New monorail system being built called the Hogwarts Express connecting the two parks

- Harry Potter expansion including new roller coaster(s)

- Simpsons area expansion including Moe's Tavern

Does anyone have any detailed information about any of this? Look forward to your replies.

Re: Universal Orlando expansion? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 12/13/12 11:10:37 AM
I don't believe any of the Simpsons stuff. Screamscape has a overlay map claiming they want to put a dark ride in this spot where there is currently a walkway. In that same space they'd be lucky to fit a Miler kiddie coaster.

Harry Potter is going to have a train, not a monorail.

Revised: Apparently, they want to be a flat ride in that spot and that would work in the given space.

* This post was modified at 12/13/12 12:09:20 PM *

Re: Universal Orlando expansion? by ThrillingMedia at 12/13/12 11:51:33 AM
I got the information from a fellow employee whose roommate is an engineer at Universal Orlando but he couldn't say too much. So it's a very good source and I don't think it has broke ground yet for that because it is still in the designing stages. They are working on finishing Transformers and the Harry Potter expansion first I know for sure.
Re: Universal Orlando expansion? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 12/17/12 12:09:22 PM
I would only believe your source if it came from the "Dippin Dots" guy.

regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Universal Orlando expansion? by ThrillingMedia at 12/17/12 1:12:25 PM
Well hopefully this source will make you a believer :)

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2012/11/universal-studios-simpsons-project_5325.html#more

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.