Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > "Fascination" app available for iOS devices

"Fascination" app available for iOS devices

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
12/7/12 at
11:21:19 AM

I know this isn’t exactly coaster-related, but since there are some Fascination fans here on the forums, I thought I’d share this. A friend of mine at work let me know that there is a Fascination app for the iPhone/iPad. It’s a free download (no In-App Purchases either from what I can tell), and it is pretty basic, but it’s a fun time killer and plays far better than expected.

Pros:
- Nicely drawn tables that look like the real thing
- Insanely simplistic game play. Just flick the ball and hope for the best
- Neat ringing bell sound effect to start and end each game
- Mildly addictive to try and win tickets
- Tickets redeemable for new ball styles
- No In App Purchases (for now)

Cons:
- Not much to it (but since it’s free, that is to be expected)
- Placing the ball is a bit touchy
- Not sure who we’re actually playing against. I assume it is computer players, but this isn’t made clear
- Not updated for iPhone5 (letterboxed)

Again, it’s free, so even if you download it and don’t like it, it didn’t cost you anything. Below is a link to an ad for the game for anyone interested.

Fascination

Re: "Fascination" app available for iOS devices by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/7/12 1:18:08 PM
I hope you're happy, Ray. I haven't played Fascination in forever, but now I've got the Human League song of the same name stuck in my head, thanks to your post!

Mike, reliving the 80's....

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...