Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013

Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
11/25/12 at
2:02:55 PM

They don't usually post the date of Opening Day until after the New Year, but it's already up...

Saturday, March 23rd.

Brrrrr.....

Mike

* This post was modified at 11/25/12 5:15:52 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 11/25/12 5:10:59 PM
Wow, that is EARLY for them. I'm going to need to lose some weight or I won't fit on ANYTHING with all the bulky clothes I am going to have to wear to block out the wind chill!

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/25/12 6:01:38 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Wow, that is EARLY for them. I'm going to need to lose some weight or I won't fit on ANYTHING with all the bulky clothes I am going to have to wear to block out the wind chill!

Paul

Yeah, Paul, I get where you're coming from (no, I don't mean Waldorf, MD!) On my last TR from closing day, I noted how much trouble I had fitting while wearing a coat and doubled up on t-shirts, especially on Toro.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 11/27/12 5:49:52 PM
YES! That is awesome news. The earlier the better. :)
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 11/27/12 7:19:21 PM
I hope SFA re-opens that early. Usually whenever the opening day is early, it's really cold, and some of the coasters are closed due to the weather. It's still nice they are opening early, with the amount of rides SFGAdv. has, having a few of them closed shouldn't be a problem :)
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/30/12 6:28:01 PM
beastmaster said:

They don't usually post the date of Opening Day until after the New Year, but it's already up...

Saturday, March 23rd.

Brrrrr.....

Mike

Already anticipating the frost bite! :-)

May need Churros to keep me warm.....

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/30/12 6:35:18 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Saturday, March 23rd.

Brrrrr.....

Mike

Jen

Whattya mean, "may?"

We might even have some company....who knows?

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/30/12 6:42:12 PM
beastmaster said:

Whattya mean, "may?"

Mike

I meant more than one! LOL!

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 11/30/12 10:30:47 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Saturday, March 23rd.

Brrrrr.....

Mike

Jen

Will your "off season rehab" be done by then, Jen?

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/30/12 10:35:49 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Saturday, March 23rd.

Brrrrr.....

Mike

Jen

Paul

It better be!!! I don't start physical therapy until January so that gives me 2 1/3 months to train for opening day. I may still be in this stupid air cast boot and have frozen toes but I'm getting a launch if it's the last thing I do dammit! ;-)

I'll still have my handicap parking permit so at least I'm guaranteed a great parking spot! LOL!

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/1/12 1:29:04 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Paul

It better be!!! I don't start physical therapy until January so that gives me 2 1/3 months to train for opening day. I may still be in this stupid air cast boot and have frozen toes but I'm getting a launch if it's the last thing I do dammit! ;-)

I'll still have my handicap parking permit so at least I'm guaranteed a great parking spot! LOL!

Jen

...and handicapped boarding privileges for 2 (or 3) of you friends? ;)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/1/12 10:18:19 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Paul

Jen

...and handicapped boarding privileges for 2 (or 3) of you friends? ;)

Paul

Absolutely! The only problem is there is no handicap boarding for KK since they built the queue wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs and some of the others make you ride in the middle (Nitro and Medusa I know for sure). I'd rather wait for an hour in pain than ride a middle row on Nitro (which I would consider emotionally painful!)! :-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/1/12 1:56:23 PM
There are no middle rows on Nitro. Not sure what Jen means.... :p
- mugen828
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/1/12 5:14:01 PM
A coupla people have commented here, with implications he/she might make it to GA that day. Are we getting a little group together to freeze our collective you-know-whats off? Judy P. may consider starting the riding season there as well.

All still to be determined, of course, but realize this...March 23rd is already less than four months away...

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/1/12 8:56:00 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Absolutely! The only problem is there is no handicap boarding for KK since they built the queue wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs and some of the others make you ride in the middle (Nitro and Medusa I know for sure). I'd rather wait for an hour in pain than ride a middle row on Nitro (which I would consider emotionally painful!)! :-)

Jen

Absolutely agreed, but if the last time I went to a "butt cold" day at Gradv was any indication, I don't think hour long lines will be a problem.

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/1/12 8:56:53 PM
beastmaster said:

A coupla people have commented here, with implications he/she might make it to GA that day. Are we getting a little group together to freeze our collective you-know-whats off? Judy P. may consider starting the riding season there as well.

All still to be determined, of course, but realize this...March 23rd is already less than four months away...

Mike

My pass if processed and ready to go, so say the word and I'll be there :)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/1/12 9:57:18 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

Paul

What word?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 12/2/12 12:22:26 AM
That's pretty early! I already got trips for april planned, so I won't be able to get down there then.

I will be going to SFGADV twice this summer. When the new stuff open, which should be memorial day and then early june again with a group of friends from France. One of them last visit was in 2002 and the other has never been to the US before! They will be in for a shock when I take them on the Bull and Ka.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/2/12 4:26:25 AM
beastmaster said:

alpengeistno3 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

Paul

What word?

Well, it's still early, but what time we are meeting at the front gate would be good enough for me :)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/2/12 6:36:17 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

beastmaster said:

alpengeistno3 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

Paul

What word?

Well, it's still early, but what time we are meeting at the front gate would be good enough for me :)

Paul

10 am by the lockers on the left! See you then! :-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/2/12 8:51:12 PM
Nah, let's get out of the rut. 10:03 this time..we'll live dangerously.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/11/12 3:02:30 PM
I was just on the site...the indication that March 23rd is Opening Day is no longer there. The first day that says "TBD"...as opposed to "CLOSED"...is April 6. But since they're always open Easter Sunday, and that's March 30th, I'm guessing the 23rd will still be the Opener.

Mike

*EDIT* I was wrong. The first date that notes "TBD" as opposed to "CLOSED" is April 1, which is a Monday, the day AFTER Easter. Could they open then? I have no idea if some/most/any NJ school districts are closed that week following Easter.

OH, the intrigue!!! I can't take it!!!

Mike

* This post was modified at 12/12/12 2:59:13 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/11/12 6:52:23 PM
Hmmm, second thoughts from the maintenance team,

"We can't get those coaster trains back together for the 1st week in April and you want to open WHEN?!?!?!"

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/11/12 8:55:39 PM
beastmaster said:

I was just on the site...the indication that March 23rd is Opening Day is no longer there. The first day that says "TBD"...as opposed to "CLOSED"...is April 6. But since they're always open Easter Sunday, and that's March 30th, I'm guessing the 23rd will still be the Opener.

Mike

I'm guessing it will be somewhere between 4/4 and 4/6. I think March is too early for them to open. They couldn't get the staff they needed in April last year when opening day was on a weekday the week before Easter so I have a feeling it will probably be Good Friday when schools are closed or the Thurs. before if that's spring break around here. I'm in no matter what day it is although at the rate my ankle is healing I'll still be out of work and on a scooter :-(

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/12/12 3:01:15 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

I'm guessing it will be somewhere between 4/4 and 4/6. I think March is too early for them to open. They couldn't get the staff they needed in April last year when opening day was on a weekday the week before Easter so I have a feeling it will probably be Good Friday when schools are closed or the Thurs. before if that's spring break around here. I'm in no matter what day it is although at the rate my ankle is healing I'll still be out of work and on a scooter :-(

Jen

See "EDIT" to my previous message above. But you may be right.

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/17/12 4:25:57 PM
Now there's a note by the calendar on the home page that says "See You On March 23rd!"

It's all so confusing....

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/17/12 4:27:32 PM
beastmaster said:

Now there's a note by the calendar on the home page that says "See You On March 23rd!"

You're killing me! :-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/17/12 4:33:18 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

You're killing me! :-)

Jen

I may be strange, but I'm not a killer. :)

SF America simply says March. KD opens March 29th. If America opens in March, maybe I can hit that for a bit in tandem with my usual April jaunt to KD. I haven't been on Apocalypse..at least not in Maryland.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/19/12 5:44:21 AM
Now it has this under events but the park is listed as closed under the regular calendar. Now they're killing me!

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/events/CalendarEvents.aspx

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/19/12 6:51:21 PM
Should I send you another gun, Jen?

(hee, hee, hee :)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/19/12 6:53:25 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Make it two! LOL! 8-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/19/12 8:31:46 PM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Make it two! LOL! 8-)

Jen

Now I'm scared. She's coming up North Jersey way next week. Can I outrun a crazy lady on a "knee scooter" waving a firearm? I don't know....

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/19/12 10:44:09 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Make it two! LOL! 8-)

Jen

Now I'm scared. She's coming up North Jersey way next week. Can I outrun a crazy lady on a "knee scooter" waving a firearm? I don't know....

That's right, you better run! I got wheels baby! :-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 12/19/12 11:11:27 PM
Mike, with the sudden call for new gun control laws, this is the best I could get her on short notice.

I don't think you need to worry, scooter or not :)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/19/12 11:13:37 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Mike, with the sudden call for new gun control laws, this is the best I could get her on short notice.

I don't think you need to worry, scooter or not :)

Paul

I could still catch up to him and hit him over the head with it! :-P

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/12 6:01:10 AM
Well, I certainly walk slow enough.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/20/12 10:49:26 AM
beastmaster said:

Well, I certainly walk slow enough.

LMAO! I would really only do that if you had the last churro!

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by AlthePale56 at 1/6/13 3:21:41 AM
It's already open for the first week of 01/2013 and weekends till march. I went on Friday the 4th, and rode all of the extremes. Weather was perfect and warm until about 4:00, then got cold. The park rides ran until lines where cleared at 6:20
[Magic Mountain, CA]

* This post was modified at 1/6/13 3:31:55 AM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 1/6/13 3:30:27 AM
AlthePale56 said:

It's already open for the first week of 01/2013 and weekends till march. I went on Friday the 4th, and rode all of the extremes. Weather was perfect and warm until about 4:00, then got cold. The park rides ran until lines where cleared at 6:20

I want whatever you're smoking. Great Adventure is NOT open and the weather was a high of 30F with wind gusts up to 29 mph on the 4th so explain to me how your fictional trip to the park that is currently closed was perfect weather?! This is the park in Jackson, NJ - don't know if you're confusing it with another park or just delusional....

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by AlthePale56 at 1/6/13 3:37:58 AM
I'm guilty of both.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 1/6/13 3:43:48 AM
AlthePale56 said:

I'm guilty of both.

LOL! :-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/15/13 8:25:45 PM
According to SF site, Opening Day is definitely March 23rd...hours are now listed.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 1/31/13 6:33:50 PM
I noticed after opening weekend they are open everyday until April 1. I'm guessing the kids there have spring break. Is anyone going to go during those weekdays, I should be available early in the week to go!
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by drachen drachen Profile at 1/31/13 7:39:03 PM
ktujon said:

I noticed after opening weekend they are open everyday until April 1.

Did they do that last year? I can't believe they have enough staff to operate the park for 10 hours during the week at that time of the year. That's incredible.

I may have to check the park out that week.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/4/13 2:04:04 PM
drachen said:

ktujon said:

Did they do that last year? I can't believe they have enough staff to operate the park for 10 hours during the week at that time of the year. That's incredible.

Yep - it's spring break.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 2/5/13 2:28:05 AM
drachen said:

ktujon said:

Make sure to check the weather before heading up to Gradv. Not sure if "cold" can cause the same reaction as a "little" rain, but if the crowds are too light, they will not hesitate to pull a "Wally World" on you.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/roller-coasters-theme-parks/208477

Paul

* This post was modified at 2/5/13 2:34:52 AM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by RollerKoasterFreak at 2/5/13 9:20:37 AM
What about teh Oktoberfest. Its also great.#

LG

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/5/13 9:24:27 AM
RollerKoasterFreak said:

What about teh Oktoberfest. Its also great.#

LG

Huh?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 2/5/13 4:35:34 PM
Just figured out the logistics and I can come March 23-24, but it might be via 6 Flags America to pick up a pass that includes FREE PARKING at all 6 Flags parks. I can hit the park on the 24th, too, but need to leave by 4:00 to head back to Pgh.

* This post was modified at 2/6/13 7:20:28 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/5/13 4:48:10 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

Just figured out the logistics and I can come March 23-24, but it might be via 6 Flags America to pick up a pass that includes FREE PARKING at all 6 Flags parks. Could meet y'all mid-afternoon, but I'll need someone's cell phone number other than the one I have for the deaf guy. I can hit the park on the 24th, too, but need to leave by 4:00 to head back to Pgh.

I'll send my cell number to your phone. Text me and let me know approximately what time you'll be arriving so I can make sure I don't miss the call when you're on your way.

Jen

* This post was modified at 2/5/13 4:48:39 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 2/5/13 4:54:44 PM
So the six Flags pass from SFA gives free parking at all the six flags???
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 2/5/13 5:27:37 PM
Yes it does! I checked the parking price at 6 Flags America and they had posted $20 per day!!
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 2/5/13 5:37:34 PM
chitlins73 said:

The parking option on all SF passes is limited to the park you bought it from.

Unless you opt for their Gold pass.
That provides admission and parking at all SF parks (some exceptions apply, re water parks). It also allows for VIP early entry at the park you bought it from.

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/5/13 5:54:36 PM
MABrider said:

chitlins73 said:

The parking option on all SF passes is limited to the park you bought it from.

Unless you opt for their Gold pass.
That provides admission and parking at all SF parks (some exceptions apply, re water parks). It also allows for VIP early entry at the park you bought it from.

Mike B.

She is talking about the Gold pass - at $79.99 including parking it's a steal if you can get there to pick one up. I know I paid around $120 for the platinum pass with parking for SFGadv. But then again, I'd want early entry at my park and my pass does include the water park as well.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by drachen drachen Profile at 2/5/13 7:07:25 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Make sure to check the weather before heading up to Gradv. Not sure if "cold" can cause the same reaction as a "little" rain, but if the crowds are too light, they will not hesitate to pull a "Wally World" on you.

Paul

Then perhaps I won't hesitate to pull a "Clark Griswold" on them...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to call/check ahead!

* This post was modified at 2/5/13 7:08:05 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 2/5/13 9:47:05 PM
GoYanks34 said:
She is talking about the Gold pass - at $79.99 including parking it's a steal if you can get there to pick one up. I know I paid around $120 for the platinum pass with parking for SFGadv. But then again, I'd want early entry at my park and my pass does include the water park as well.
Jen

SFNE's site explains their Gold pass. I have that and it also says parking on it (got in last October for 2013). I just know I can get into SF parks everywhere and parking is part of the deal.

SFGAdv's site explains their Premium pass. And it appears to only have the water park as the extra, doesn't even have parking unless you buy four of them. And I don't see anything about another level (Platinum) at all.

SF has a way of confounding people that may compare the sites. One would expect some commonality to the information provided, ala CF.
I've been around long enough to know better.

In other words, never mind!
Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 2/5/13 11:26:30 PM
Can anyone recommend any good CHEAP (but not sleazy) motels near 6 Flags Gr. Adventure?
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/6/13 12:08:20 PM
I thought this was VERY interesting. Check it out.

http://content.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpass/

Premium Pass? Never saw this before, but it's basically the two park combo. SFGA and SFHH. For $10 more! That's not bad.

Also note at the bottom it says buy 4, get a free parking pass. Which if I'm not mistaken, is a $50 value, and DAILY parking is now...$23? Something OUTRAGEOUS like that. So the free parking pass is a really big saver imo.

Now, this is what puzzled me for a second...

"Six Flags Great Adventure now offers a Premium Pass which includes VIP early entry into the theme park and an extra free friend ticket valid on select days."

VIP early entry? Are they trying to say that getting through the gates on the left (discovery members/season pass holder lines) counts as "VIP early entry"? what about the ribbon/rope drop? I think this needs a lot of clarification. Also...it used to be $128 for a season pass for both parks and "VIP Early Entry" wasn't even a perk then. Idk, something is off about this and needs explaining. It also seems like the "extra" passes to get your friends in free, is probly the same for Premium Pass holders and Season Pass holders. I doubt they'd print a different coupon book for each.

Also $70 for a season pass dining plan? I think I might actually do that, I'm not sure. I'm at the park like 8-10 times a season. Maybe 5 at the least. That could save me the walk/journey leaving the park mid day, and could grant me some quick eats. Could save money in the long haul.

- mugen828
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/6/13 1:14:40 PM
Kyle, that's the pass I have for this season. I've actually never been to Hurricane Harbor, but that will change. That was an automatic upgrade when I purchased in September. Had to buy parking a la carte, since I was only buying one.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/6/13 2:57:39 PM
mugen828 said:

Also $70 for a season pass dining plan? I think I might actually do that, I'm not sure. I'm at the park like 8-10 times a season. Maybe 5 at the least. That could save me the walk/journey leaving the park mid day, and could grant me some quick eats. Could save money in the long haul.

On the web page it says if you already have the premium SP it's only $20 more! I don't know if it's a typo or not but I'm sure as hell going to find out opening day. Even if it's not and costs $70 - each meal is around $10 (probably more now) and that's the roughly the cost of 7 meals. I'm pretty sure I have more than that in a season and the times when I'm hungry when I just get a pretzel to hold me over I could actually have something more substantial. I think it's a great deal.

Jen

*edit: The $20 is to have both Hurricane Harbor and SFGadv on the pass - forget what I said about the $20!

* This post was modified at 2/6/13 2:59:31 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 2/6/13 3:31:11 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

Can anyone recommend any good CHEAP (but not sleazy) motels near 6 Flags Gr. Adventure?

When you find one, let me know. We stayed at a filthy Days Inn about 20 minutes from the park on my first visit to Six Flags Great Adventure. Not only was it filthy, it was over $100 for a night. When I visit SF Great Adventure, I've been staying in PA near Philadelphia or Allentown. With the size and popularity of SF Great Adventure, you would think that there would be several hotels right near the park. There are several decent, cheap hotels in the Philadelphia area, about 45 minutes from the park. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/6/13 3:39:18 PM
frontrow said:

Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

When you find one, let me know. We stayed at a filthy Days Inn about 20 minutes from the park on my first visit to Six Flags Great Adventure. Not only was it filthy, it was over $100 for a night. When I visit SF Great Adventure, I've been staying in PA near Philadelphia or Allentown. With the size and popularity of SF Great Adventure, you would think that there would be several hotels right near the park. There are several decent, cheap hotels in the Philadelphia area, about 45 minutes from the park. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I've never stayed at that Days Inn. It's too bad it's not a better place and so expensive (even in the off-season it's $100 or more!)...because it probably IS the closest lodging to the park.

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/7/13 10:53:26 AM
beastmaster said:

Kyle, that's the pass I have for this season. I've actually never been to Hurricane Harbor, but that will change. That was an automatic upgrade when I purchased in September. Had to buy parking a la carte, since I was only buying one.

Ah I see. The parking pass gets tricky with me and my friends. You have to assign it to one person's season pass and sometimes when they can't go you have to take theirs for parking purposes lol.

@Jen, I should have said that, but yep you're right! $20 is to add both parks on the meal plan. Still, that $70 for eating at the park two times a day, that's not bad for people like us! haha

- mugen828
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/7/13 11:48:51 AM
I wonder how closely the parking attendant would check, since the person whose photo is on the pass would not be in the car.

I'm starting to consider buying the meal plan. Easter Sunday Dinner, baby!

I thought I saw something previously that it was not valid on Holidays, but can find no such language now.

Mike

* This post was modified at 2/7/13 12:45:03 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 2/7/13 3:06:01 PM
Judy_P_in_Pgh said:

Last summer, I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lawrenceville, NJ near the US1 and I-95 exit for $66 a night. I didn't think it was that sleazy.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/10/13 3:06:45 PM
beastmaster said:

I wonder how closely the parking attendant would check, since the person whose photo is on the pass would not be in the car.

I'm starting to consider buying the meal plan. Easter Sunday Dinner, baby!

I thought I saw something previously that it was not valid on Holidays, but can find no such language now.

Mike

Mike I have used my friends multiple times to get in with the parking on his pass. Half the time it's just a kid who's looking for the "parking" on it.

Even if they stopped and asked me about the phot I would say they were the designated one of the 4 pass purchase. It makes no sense to deny the others the right to get in, although I guess it's a small possibility. I haven't had a problem at all in the past few years.

I think I'm going to get the meal plan too! It's too good to pass up if you visit like we do.

- mugen828