Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hershey This Past Weekend?

Hershey This Past Weekend?

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
11/5/12 at
10:39:59 AM

Did anyone get there to close the Northeast season? Any damage? Closed rides? I know ThighCrush was already closed for the season Crowds?

I missed my fall rides on Lightning Racer :(

Just curious.

Mike

* This post was modified at 11/6/12 11:55:37 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Hershey This Past Weekend? by CoasterSue at 11/6/12 11:40:09 AM
We were there on Sunday. Didn't see any damage. Crowds were light. Coment, which always seems to have the longest line, only had a line on the ramp to the station. The only closed ride (other than Sky Rush) was Farenheit which I believe was due to the cold temps. Comet and Great Bear were running 2 trains, but SDL, Trailblazer, Storm Runner, Wildcat, and Lightning Racer were all 1 train.
Re: Hershey This Past Weekend? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/6/12 12:07:04 PM
Thanks for the update, CoasterSue!

ONE train on Lightning Racer? Or do you mean one SET of two, racing each other? I can barely fathom running ONE TRAIN. That's blasphemy. That's sacrilege. That's just WRONG.

Mike, who absolutely LOVES closing down LR at the end of the night...done it several times!

Re: Hershey This Past Weekend? by kdleader kdleader Profile at 11/6/12 2:32:39 PM
CoasterSue said:

The only closed ride (other than Sky Rush) was Farenheit which I believe was due to the cold temps.

I too originally thought that it was the temperature that closed Fahrenheit but then saw that the kid's trick-or-treat path wove beneath it.

Sunday was the only day I managed to get to the park. Was Fahrenheit running on the other days? If not, it would have been due to the trick-or-treat path.

Mike, there was one Thunder and one Lightning train running.

* This post was modified at 11/6/12 2:34:10 PM *

Re: Hershey This Past Weekend? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/6/12 2:49:32 PM
kdleader said:

Mike, there was one Thunder and one Lightning train running.

*PHEW*...that was a close one.