Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ?

Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ?

theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile

Posted:
11/3/12 at
9:09:08 PM

We have all talked about the new rides for next year and we have droped hits as to what we will ride. Let's make it official and reveal where we have plans for. What will be new credits for us also.

Since I live in Florida, Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, and Busch Gardens will be sure things. Fun Spot Action Park may also be in the works. If they are open, the Seven Dwarfs ride and White Lightning will be given a shot.
As far as travelling goes, southern California should be the first spot. All rides will be new to me. California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Knotts Berry Farm will be first time visits. Since I went to Universal Studios and Disneyland almost a life time ago, it is hard to say that I have really been there.
The later trip with be to Carowinds, Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. There won't be anything new for me at Carowinds. SFA will only have Apocalypse, but that will just be a re-ride of Iron Wolf. I think that I will like Dominator and Intimidator 305 for the first time at Kings Dominion. Grover's Alpine Express and Verbolten will be nice for new coasters at BGW.

* This post was modified at 11/3/12 9:18:48 PM *

Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 11/3/12 9:41:31 PM
I already have a mega trip planned for next year.
Day 1: Martin's Fantasy Island (new park for me)
Day 2: Canada's Wonderland (Leviathan will be new)
Day 3: Darien Lake & Seabreeze (Seabreeze will be new)
Day 4: Great Escape (New park for me)
Day 5: LaRonde (New park for me)
Day 6: Canobie Lake & Fun Town (both parks will be new)
Day 7: Six Flags New England (Goliath will be new)
Day 8: Quassy (New park for me)
I will be at Cedar Point early in the year, and plan to visit Six Flags Great Adventure, being that I didn't get to this year.
Now if I have the financial means, which I know I probably won't, I would love to replace this mega trip with a trip to Southern California. As of now, this looks like my 2013 destinations, as long as my tax return is as much as last year's. I'm going to start saving for 2013, right after Christmas. Kennywood is our home park, and we already have season passes for next year, so we will be there quite a bit next year.
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/4/12 9:42:32 PM
I know I will definitely go to SFGAdv (obviously) and Hershey (a better planned URC trip hopefully) and I am planning to hit CP - may try to make it a CP/KI combo if I have the time. I may go to the Chicago AVMA convention so I will definitely hit up SFGA (have never been there) if I do. Planning to visit my brother in Austin as well so I will hit up SFFT when I go there.

Jen

Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 11/5/12 11:25:06 PM
For sure Sea World/BGT since I still have my pass. As for the other park, not sure, depends on what place I can get in August. If VA again, hopefully BGW and KD.
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by coastinj coastinj Profile at 11/6/12 12:05:43 AM
I know for myself if money lines itself out here's my itinerary

Kings Island
Strickers Grove (1st visit)
Holiday World
Cedar Point (Gatekeeper will be new)
Kennywood (1st visit for me)
Six Flags St Louis (1st visit for me)
Dollywood (yet to ride wild eagle)
Silver Dollar City.

Although I will say if I just end up getting to do Kennywood and Silver Dollar City I'll be perfectly content. As they will be the new parks, plus I want to visit Eureka Springs just south of Branson.

Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by drachen drachen Profile at 11/6/12 12:29:48 PM
frontrow said:

I already have a mega trip planned for next year.
Day 1: Martin's Fantasy Island (new park for me)
Day 2: Canada's Wonderland (Leviathan will be new)
Day 3: Darien Lake & Seabreeze (Seabreeze will be new)
Day 4: Great Escape (New park for me)
Day 5: LaRonde (New park for me)
Day 6: Canobie Lake & Fun Town (both parks will be new)
Day 7: Six Flags New England (Goliath will be new)
Day 8: Quassy (New park for me)
I will be at Cedar Point early in the year, and plan to visit Six Flags Great Adventure, being that I didn't get to this year.

That sounds awesome,Ken. Hope it works out for you. I'm already looking forward to hearing what you think.

No Compounce? I don't think I could go to New England without going to Lake Compounce. Boulder Dash is too good to pass up.

I think you'd love Southern Cal. If you like Great Adventure, then I know you'll be a huge fan of Magic Mountain. The park is very "Six Flags", but there are so many good rides there.

As for my plans, in no particular order:

I'll be getting a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, which means that I will get to:

1) Dorney - It's been over two years since I've been there. Hard to believe.

2) Cedar Point - GateKeeper, hopefully opening weekend.

3) Canada's Wonderland - I think this will be my "Father's Day" solo trip.

Perhaps I can work a trip to Carowinds, but it's a long shot.

I will renew my Six Flags America season pass, which means:

4) I'll get to Six Flags America at some point.

5) Great Adventure too.

And if I make it to Carowinds, I will squeeze in Six Flags Over Georgia, as it's not that much further south. If I find out that Ninja is being removed, this trip will happen, and I may need to forgo another one.

7) I always make a few trips to Hersheypark. I'll be interested in seeing what's been done to Skyrush.

8) Morey's Piers always gets a few visits from me too. I may also head up to Seaside to see how the recovery is going.

9) Knoebels is always a must, especially if Flying Turns opens.

10) Heading out on a likely in-law family vacation to Arkansas, on a lake near the Missouri border. Camden Park is on the way - good for a quick stop.

11) While on the trip, I will be spending a day at Silver Dollar City at some point.

12) If we do go on that trip, we will likely visit my brother in Kansas City, which means I'll be making a return trip to Worlds of Fun (Platinum Pass).

13) While driving back east, I will try to have the wife drop me off at Six Flags St. Louis for a few hours. I want to ride Screamin' Eagle, and Boss again, and of course, I want to ride American Thunder. I really liked Six Flags St. Louis in 2004.

14) Throw in a trip or two with the kids to Dutch Wonderland.

To make ALL of that happen, I may need to cut a few out, like Great Adventure perhaps.

There is an outside chance that I could get an invite to Full Throttle's premier. I'm not holding my breath, but I certainly will try. If I make it out to SoCal myself, well, then Knott's and Belmont are also on the docket.

Every year starts out as a big year for me, with big plans. We'll see how much of this pans out.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 11/6/12 8:04:57 PM
^We were just at Lake Compounce in 2011. It is an option, along with Marineland. I just have to see how much my tax return is.
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 11/7/12 2:59:09 PM
Hey Ken.....If all goes as planned I would like to do my California or Texas trip this year.Who knows???...maybe both if I can save enough money.It is a great year to hit California with all the new rides opening up next year.Of course,Iron Rattler in Texas is gonna be awesome!! Most likely I will hit Cedar Point for Gatekeeper also.
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 11/8/12 7:46:56 PM
It is interesting that you frontrow are going next year to some places that I just got back from three months ago this year. I kind of split up your mega trip. I went "west" doing Kennywood, Waldameer, Darien Lake, Seabreeze, and Canada's Wonderland this time. After I get other priorities out of the way, I'll do the eastern section by going to Great Escape, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Canobie Lake, and La Ronde.
Re: Where Do You Think That You Will Go In 2013 ? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 11/10/12 6:20:20 PM
Every Month:

-Six Flags America & Kings Dominon (My home parks)

Every Other Month:

- Six Flags Great Adventure

May 2013:

- Cedar Point ( 1st time ever)
-Kings Island ( Not confirmed yet.)

June 2013:

- Six Flags New England
- Cedar Point ( 2nd time)
- Six Flags Great America

July 2013:

- Six Flags Fiesta & Over Texas ( Over Texas not confirmed yet.Would also be first time at SFOT.)
- Silver Dollar City
- Six Flags Discover Kingdom & Magic Mountain ( 1st time ever at Magic Mountain.)
- Knott's Berry Farm
- California's Great America

* This post was modified at 11/10/12 6:31:11 PM *