Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect

Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
11/3/12 at
4:22:41 AM

Like drinking punch, and eating a slice of cake, one sweet taste usually cancels out the other. Sometimes a newer coaster can 'butt heads' with an older coaster, resulting in a park having two coasters with experiences that seem too similar. I personally don't know why some parks add 'canceling' attractions, but they do. So what are some parks that have cancelling coasters/flats etc?

Parks that I been to.

Wild Adventures with the wild mouse Go Bananas, then they added Jack Rabbit from the old Celebration City. Both attractions are way too similar IMO. I get the whole Herschend unloading of Cele City, but IMO Jack Rabbit didn't offer really anything new to the table. This park still has only one decent adult coaster (Cheetah). I know that yall are tired of me whining about my home park, LOL.

This recent news gave me the inspiration for this thread. Knott's Berry Farm which which seem to pride itself on having many differing unique attractions. They already have the wild mouse-esque Sierra Sidewinder then for a new attraction, they add a boring wild mouse Coast Rider that's a facsimile to the Legoland Cali Technic Coaster nearby. I don't get that move at all. I've ridden this facsimile before at Kings Dominion. I have no problem with them adding a family coaster, but they could have done way better than a regular wild mouse. I was thinking maybe a junior woodie (maybe not enough room) or a Vekoma junior boomerang would've been a good fit. I hate the 'Coast Rider' name BTW; It's a typical cutesy copy kiddie name that just doesn't work.

Just spectulatin'.

Obviously I'm not the authority on parks that I haven't been to, but I can't help but notice these attractions that seem to be cancelling coasters. Feel free to agree, or disagree.

La Ronde with the Vampire B&M invert, then they added Ednor- L'Attaque (boy that's a mouthful) SLC from the old Astroworld. Talk about the epitome of anticlimactic.

Canada's Wonderland with the long time Arrow Suspended Vortex then they added Silver Streak, a hang & bang Jr Vekoma. Although they aren't technically the same style, they are very similar, which is why CW is the only park in the world that has these two family coasters types in one park. Hell, I guess you can argue that Leviathan steps on Behemoth's toes in that same park.

For a country with a low park per capita, Canada makes alot of weird moves LOL. That's all I got.

* This post was modified at 11/3/12 12:11:42 PM *

Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by ray_p ray_p Profile at 11/3/12 9:01:45 AM
Overbanked said:

Canada's Wonderland with the long time Arrow Suspended Vortex then they added Silver Streak, a hang & bang Jr Vekoma. Although they aren't technically the same style, they are very similar, which is why CW is the only park in the world that has these two family coasters types in one park. Hell, I guess you can argue that Leviathan steps on Behemoth's toes in that same park.

Kings Island has an Arrow suspended and a Vekoma junior suspended as well.

My pick: SFNE adding a Giant Inverted Boomerang when they already have a standard model.

Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by alpengeistno3 at 11/3/12 11:17:18 AM
Dorney adding Stinger (a Vekoma Invertigo) right next to Possessed (the Intamin Impulse). How many Inverted shuttle coasters does one park need? (not to mention the full circuit Talon right up the hill.)

Paul

Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 11/3/12 12:08:51 PM
My bad Ray, you're right. I can't believe that I forgot about KI's suspended, and SFC. Good ones yall.
Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 11/3/12 12:17:27 PM
Boomerang comming to Six Flags St. Louis when they just reversed Mr. Freeze. I guess their kinda different though, Mr. Freeze is a launch coaster, Boomerang is not.I think that possesed and Stinger is a good one. They should have sent Stinger to Kings Dominion in my opinion.

* This post was modified at 11/3/12 12:19:52 PM *

Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/3/12 12:57:36 PM
Fatsoccerguy191 said:
Kings Dominion in my opinion.

You're just a poet, aintcha? :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Two Coasters in a Park With a 'Cancelling' Effect by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 11/3/12 5:03:06 PM
beastmaster said:

Fatsoccerguy191 said:
Kings Dominion in my opinion.

You're just a poet, aintcha? :)

I found my "hidden" talent :D.