Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Keep the cyclone alive!

Keep the cyclone alive!

christians1998

Posted:
10/15/12 at
10:30:26 PM

The cyclone in coney island does not get the credit that it deserves. My friend Frank is always saying that its overpriced and its not worth it yet he will do everything anywhere else. Apparentely the cyclone is not a real coaster. Can someone explain to this newb why the cyclone is a force to be reckoned with?

Re: Keep the cyclone alive! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/16/12 1:15:20 AM
Having rode the cyclone before and after the current management: It's a very intense ride and not for the faint of heart. Even I will never ride the very last seat of that coaster. You will feel like you landed down on a stack of bricks. And you will feel like you will be thrown out of the train on the bunny hills.

I am in the minority that wanted the trains changed. Even a typical out and back coaster has just a 3 row per car trains. Cyclone's 4 per car is just too long and heavy. Even PTC 2 rows per car would be an upgrade over what is there now.

Now as for the new management, they FORCE you to take whatever seat is open. They did not allow me to wait for the front row despite it being a fairly 'light' day. For the price it costs $8 per ride, I would ride it for the credit, but I won't ride it as often as I would've in the past because that coaster needs to be rode at least once in the front row.