Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Chute Out Comes Down

Chute Out Comes Down

JCxHC4life JCxHC4life Profile

Posted:
10/10/12 at
5:41:15 PM

Six Flags over Texas brought down the Chute Out today. I think it was kind of sad they didn't attempt to relocate or sell this classic ride.

Chute Out Demolition

* This post was modified at 10/10/12 5:48:23 PM *

Re: Chute Out Comes Down by alpengeistno3 at 10/10/12 11:37:07 PM
Wow, it is a good year to be in the controlled munitions business. 3 rides in one month (will they dynamite Rattler to the ground or just rebuild on top of the existing structure?)

Paul

Re: Chute Out Comes Down by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 10/11/12 5:56:49 AM
That video was interesting. There was only one good place to land. Anywhere else and some building or road would have been a mess !
Re: Chute Out Comes Down by GiveKidsTheWorld at 10/11/12 2:25:59 PM
Six Flags Over Texas and Give Kids The World are giving theme park
fans the chance to bid on unique Texas Chute Out ride memorabilia for a
good cause. A red parachute is available in its entirety and pieces
making up a blue parachute are also available on the charity's eBay page
here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/
givekidstheworld/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

100% of the purchase price of the items benefits Give Kids The World
Village, a 70-acre, nonprofit resort in Central Florida that provides
weeklong, cost-free fantasy vacations to children with life-threatening
illnesses and their families.

Link to ebay

Re: Chute Out Comes Down by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/11/12 2:46:07 PM
^If anyone is seriously interested in the above, I'll vouch for the organization that benefits.
I've participated in their Coasting For Kids fundraising event the last two years, and raised over $2K for them. They deserve our support for the great work they do.

Mike

* This post was modified at 10/11/12 2:47:23 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Chute Out Comes Down by GiveKidsTheWorld at 10/11/12 2:50:21 PM
Thanks Mike! :D
Re: Chute Out Comes Down by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 10/12/12 8:17:53 AM
Hate to see Chute Out go. Great classic ride that has almost ceased to exist anymore, which is just to bad. They're really neat rides.

But I am happy to see them helping Give Kids the World. Make a Wish uses their complex for kids and their families visiting Orlando to stay at. Very neat facilities and a great work that they do.