Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Revolution TV Show - Park?

Revolution TV Show - Park?

KevinReid KevinReid Profile

Posted:
10/10/12 at
11:20:03 AM

Anybody see this weeks past episode of Revolution? Most of it took part in a Park? My Guess is Six Flags New Orleans?

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by depotrat at 10/10/12 11:25:59 AM
I heard it was going to be Freestyle Music Park in Myrtle Beach.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by Katie Katie Profile at 10/10/12 12:16:40 PM
It was Freestyle Music Park. We love the show and it was cool to see them find refuge in an "abandoned" theme park.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 10/15/12 3:19:48 PM
In one of the scenes you can clearly see white B&M track and a larger than life guitar decoration. A similar guitar is on the Power Plant building in Baltimore where Hard Rock has a restaurant.

Fun fact: This is the same building that was used for Six Flags Power Plant back in the late 1980's.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/15/12 10:09:46 PM
I couldn't tell what park it was while watching it either. I did notice it was a white B&M track though.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/15/12 10:21:35 PM
rollercoastersfreak said:

I did notice it was a white B&M track though.

(sigh...) I miss Zep.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/16/12 1:26:58 AM
I hope the rides gets sold off, if the park doesn't open again. I'd like to try that 'Maximum RPM' ride. That looks like fun.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/16/12 1:30:42 AM
I wish I was able to ride Zep. I've never been to Mytle beach.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 10/16/12 7:26:23 AM
Someone needs to get what was once Led Zeppelin up and running. If that happens B&M will have ALL of its coasters working somewhere in the world. That is incredible considering how many they have.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 9:05:09 AM
theRock-steel said:

Someone needs to get what was once Led Zeppelin up and running. If that happens B&M will have ALL of its coasters working somewhere in the world. That is incredible considering how many they have.

I don't keep up with this type of info too much. By the above, do you mean there has NEVER been a B&M that was retired/dis-assembled/taken down and not rebuilt somewhere? Every single coaster the company built is still operating somewhere? That would be stunning to me.

*EDIT* I was looking at RCDB and I see exactly what you mean. That's an impressive achievement.

Mike

* This post was modified at 10/16/12 3:20:56 PM *

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/16/12 11:17:28 AM

Brandon Carlson

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 11:26:37 AM

Brandon Carlson

Is there an echo in here? :)

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 11:28:31 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

I hope the rides gets sold off, if the park doesn't open again. I'd like to try that 'Maximum RPM' ride. That looks like fun.

I'd like that too, Phil. Max was the only coaster that hadn't opened when I was there the second week of operation.

Mike

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/16/12 11:43:33 AM
beastmaster said:

Brandon Carlson

Is there an echo in here? :)

I think there might be. I posted that that and got off. When I.got on a second one was posted.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 11:59:13 AM
Hmmm. Haunted URC for Halloween? Spooky, ain't it?
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/16/12 1:05:08 PM
beastmaster said:
Max was the only coaster that hadn't opened when I was there the second week of operation.

If I'm thinking of the correct coaster, I had watched one of those Discovery or Science shows a couple years ago that detailed all the issues they had aligning the revolving lift to where it met the track at the first drop.

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/16/12 1:06:45 PM
beastmaster said:

Best dark ride ever.

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 1:23:12 PM
RobLec said:

beastmaster said:

Best dark ride ever.

Nah. That's a tie between Nights In White Satin and Knoebels' Haunted Mansion :)

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/16/12 2:20:57 PM
Of all the attractions at HRP (what, like six of them?) I think NIWS is probably the one I have always regretted never seeing the most.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/12 2:42:29 PM
RobLec said:

Of all the attractions at HRP (what, like six of them?) I think NIWS is probably the one I have always regretted never seeing the most.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I actually dozed off for a few moments on my third or fourth ride. It was just so hypnotic and relaxing...it just happened. I love Disney's Fantasia, but there are certain sequences that cause the same reaction...and I like it and anticipate it. NIWS had that effect on me. Sadly, I always heard that its successor, MonSTARS Of Rock was as awful as NIWS was great.

And I'm guessing it was a few more than six...maybe eight or nine rides, plus a coupla decent shows.

Mike

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/16/12 4:21:56 PM
beastmaster said:
And I'm guessing it was a few more than six...maybe eight or nine rides...

Maybe you dozed off thru a couple of station dispatches and they just let you ride thru ;)

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by depotrat at 10/16/12 8:09:29 PM
We were there in June 2008 when it was Hard Rock in the first year. Zep was good. Maximum RPM was unique and it's queue with kareoke was fun. The gem of the park was Nights in White Satin. It was in a class with Spiderman at IOA and we felt it was better than Mansion at Knoebels. I have sympathy for those of you who missed it which was easy to do since it was only there for one season. The park was fun but certainly overpriced at $50. The whole saga of this park is so sad.
Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/16/12 8:20:07 PM
RobLec said:

beastmaster said:
Max was the only coaster that hadn't opened when I was there the second week of operation.

If I'm thinking of the correct coaster, I had watched one of those Discovery or Science shows a couple years ago that detailed all the issues they had aligning the revolving lift to where it met the track at the first drop.

Yup, that is the one. It entered each chamber and revolved on a Ferris wheel type lift to the top and down you go. I wonder if it was just too experimental to work, because I would love to try out at least one ride just for the experience.

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/16/12 9:13:57 PM
It's kind of funny really. This went from a topic on Revolution to Hard Rock Park. Even though I do wish I was able to have gone there before it closed.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/17/12 1:04:04 AM

It's kind of funny really. This went from a topic on Revolution to Hard Rock Park.

So the discussion of Revolution, filmed at HRP, led to the discussion of the ride "Maximum RPM ("Revolutions per minute") and back again to Revolution.

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by Coaster316 at 10/17/12 10:28:00 AM

Even though I do wish I was able to have gone there before it closed.

Brandon Carlson

Have you ever even been to Myrtle Beach? :)

Re: Revolution TV Show - Park? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 10/17/12 10:57:48 AM
Coaster316 said:

Even though I do wish I was able to have gone there before it closed.

Brandon Carlson

Have you ever even been to Myrtle Beach? :)

Nope. I wish though. It's supposed to be beautiful there.

Brandon Carlson