Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed

X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
10/6/12 at
10:46:45 AM

The Maurer Sohne coaster 'X-Coaster' at Magic Springs & Crystal Falls in Arkansas will be removed after the 2012 season. In typical fashion, a waterpark expansion will be planned afterwards.

www.newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2012/10/magic-springs-removing-x-coaster-2013.html

* This post was modified at 10/6/12 10:26:46 PM *

Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by alpengeistno3 at 10/6/12 2:09:08 PM
Well, that didn't take long. Is that coaster even 5 years old, yet? Maybe Drachen Fire has a competitor for "shortest life" at a park.

Paul

Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/9/12 9:29:08 AM
I saw a RUMOR on screamscape saying that X-Coaster might get relocated to Elitch Gardens. Talk about a park with alot of small footprint adult coasters already (Boomerang, Sidewinder, and Half Pipe). I get that Elitch doesn't have alot of space, but at some point I would think that these coasters with quick ride times would begin to feel awfully similar.
Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/9/12 11:48:29 AM
I don't blame them. I had a feeling that ride might find a new home somewhere. 2nd hand coaster? Cheap and easy solution for a 'new ride'.
Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 10/11/12 5:49:47 AM
This is a shame for Magic Springs. Removing a park's best coaster is hardly ever a good thing.
Except for Gauntlet as the most comfortable SLC to ride and The Hawk as one of the most fun flats, there will not be many dry thrill rides worth going there for. Usually when a ride gets relocated it ends up going to a place that I have no interest in. IF the rumor is true about Elitch Gardens getting X, this is a good thing for me as I was planning on going there within the next couple of years.
Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by joedog300 at 11/18/12 3:23:33 PM
The rides her at Elitch Gardens have grown incredibly boring over the last few years! That's the unfortunate thing about living in Colorado, the coasters and parks here suck. Elitch gardens has gotten so boring over the last few years that I'v found myself enjoying the local fair more than Elitches! At this point I'm just glad to hear we may be finally getting a new coaster. However, I think they need to get a hyper-coaster that travels around the perimeter of the park. But I know that not going to happen any time soon.

* This post was modified at 11/18/12 3:27:48 PM *

Re: X-Coaster at Magic Springs to be Removed by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 11/21/12 9:48:12 AM
Joedog,

I visited Elitch's for the first (and only) time back in August of 2011. I agree with you that it doesn't have much to get excited about.

The best coaster in the park is Boomerang. While I am an out-of-the-closet boomerang fan, it doesn't say much when this is the best coaster.

Mr. Twister kind of grew on me. It was fun, but nothing extraordinary. Sidewinder was cool simply for nostalgic purposes.

A big disappointment was Half Pipe. The cycle on this coaster was sooo short. Just when the thing hit top speed and top height, just when I though, "Hey, this is kind of fun..." it stopped. Very disappointing.

It would be nice if Elitch got a new coaster, but yet again another cookie cutter reject?

- Pat-O

X-Coaster at Magic Springs (Will Stay Put) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/27/14 12:42:53 PM
The good news for Magic Springs is the the X-Coaster isn't going anywhere afterall. It's staying put, and also they're gonna add a skycoaster ride named 'SkyShark".

www.magicsprings.com/rides-thrill.php

* This post was modified at 1/27/14 1:24:47 PM *

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.