Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Carowinds

Carowinds

CN12 CN12 Profile

Posted:
10/5/12 at
10:40:46 AM

Has anybody been to carowinds before? I have a seasonpass and go all the time.

Re: Carowinds by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/5/12 11:24:13 AM
Si. Dos veces.

But you may find that this type of thread will not generate a ton of responses.

And yeah, I'll echo frontrow's welcome. I saw your introductory post on the off-topic forum the other day, but got distracted and forgot to extend a greeting :(

Mike

* This post was modified at 10/5/12 1:13:59 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Carowinds by frontrow frontrow Profile at 10/5/12 12:45:15 PM
I've been there a couple times. My last visit was in 2010, the first year of Intimadator. I think I got 10 rides on Intimadator and 4 rides on Afterburn. I love those 2 coasters. Carolina Cyclone is a decent coaster also. I like Carowinds. I like it better than Kings Island, but not as much as Kings Dominion or Canada's Wonderland, as far as the old Paramount Parks. It reminds me more of CW, than KD or KI. Being that I live n Pennsylvania, it will be a few years before I get back down there. By the way, welcome to forum. It's always good to see new members, especially younger ones like yourself.
Re: Carowinds by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/6/12 12:29:49 AM
Here's the link to my recent August Carowinds trip report. There's also a link to a 07' TR inside.

www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/roller-coasters-theme-parks/223344

* This post was modified at 10/6/12 12:30:36 AM *

Re: Carowinds by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 10/7/12 6:46:54 AM
I have been there twice; August 2007 and June 2011. The first time was without Carolina Cobra and Intimidator, but they still had Flying Super Saturator and BORG was ugly with theme not pretty Nighthawk without theme. It was very hot but there were mist fans everywhere; good idea! Crowds were light; Carolina Cyclone wasn't running; Borg was the only thing that was NOT a walk on.
On the second time crowds were still light, heat was not a factor, everything was running, and the Vekoma flyer still had the only real line.
My view on this park is probably similar to everyone else's. There are two great coasters and one half way rideable drop tower. Everthing else is a "been there done that": a boomerang, a small looper, a mine train, a painful wooden, a boring wooden, a family wooden, a wild mouse, a stand up, and a Flying Dutchman.
Re: Carowinds by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 10/7/12 3:39:28 PM
I went to Carowinds a few months back, and I loved the restraints on Carolina Cobra. My home park is Six Flags America, and I have the Flying Dutchman (Batwing) with barrel rolls. When I rode the Nighthawk, I loved the Corkscrews. You have quite a nice home park.
Re: Carowinds by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 10/7/12 6:29:46 PM
Went for the first time last year. I liked the park and its easy to get around layout. It was empty with Nighthawk being the only actual wait. Was great to be reacquainted with Carolina Cobra (the old Head Spin from my neck of the woods) and the awesome new train it now has.

G-Dog

Re: Carowinds by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 10/8/12 6:23:45 AM
It's funny that people have commented on how much they like the boomerang, Carolina Cobra.
To me that one didn't seem any less painfull than most of the rest of the others of that kind.
It does have new trains with new restraints, but I did not notice any improvement there.
I did feel a little more comfortable on Bat at Canada's Wonderland because they made in house
improvements on its restraints. Hershey got new trains for their boomerang, Sidewinder.
There was an improved ride on it as well as on Sooperdooperlooper, their Schwarzkopf coaster.

* This post was modified at 10/8/12 6:29:42 AM *

Re: Carowinds by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/8/12 8:30:00 AM
There are definitely some smooth riding boomerangs out there with the old school restraints, like at Knott's; Then there's the other end of the spectrum, like the painful tortuous Wild Adv's Boomerang, and the now defunct Zoomerang at AL Adv. I like Carolina Cobra because the positive-G forces can be felt, without any headbanging.

* This post was modified at 10/8/12 8:31:12 AM *

Re: Carowinds by CN12 CN12 Profile at 10/20/12 3:27:51 PM
beastmaster said:

Si. Dos veces.

But you may find that this type of thread will not generate a ton of responses.

And yeah, I'll echo frontrow's welcome. I saw your introductory post on the off-topic forum the other day, but got distracted and forgot to extend a greeting :(

Mike

That's okay.

Re: Carowinds by CN12 CN12 Profile at 10/20/12 3:31:20 PM
Yay they are building a Dinosaurs Alive!