Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coasters in November

Coasters in November

Marmite

Posted:
10/4/12 at
12:31:02 PM

Hi,

Can anyone help? My Dad is coming over from the UK for his 60th birthday and would like to mark the occasion with a ride on a roller coaster. Trouble is, he is here the weekend of the 10th/11th November and I can't find any parks near me which are open. We are in Bergen county, north Jersey.

Any suggestions?

Re: Coasters in November by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/4/12 1:28:06 PM
Marmite said:

Hi,

Can anyone help? My Dad is coming over from the UK for his 60th birthday and would like to mark the occasion with a ride on a roller coaster. Trouble is, he is here the weekend of the 10th/11th November and I can't find any parks near me which are open. We are in Bergen county, north Jersey.

Any suggestions?

You're probably out of luck. I think pretty much everything driving distance in our area closes the weekend before Halloween, although Hershey is open that first weekend of November.

I think it's awesome, though, that your Dad wants to do that. Happy birthday to him!

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Coasters in November by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/4/12 2:13:36 PM
Marmite said:

Hi,

Any suggestions?

That's my B-day weekend too! :~)
I WISH there was someplace we could go for coaster riding in the winter without an airplane but unfortunately there's nothing in our area. The only parks that are open year round are in the south and on the west coast where the weather is warmer.

Jen

Re: Coasters in November by frontrow frontrow Profile at 10/4/12 2:28:35 PM
Dollywood is open on weekends in November, but that would be a 10 to 11 hour drive for you. So far that's the closest park to you that I have found that will be open. I'll keep looking.
Re: Coasters in November by cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile at 10/6/12 8:45:34 AM
Come to Japan, we ride all year.

-Tim

Re: Coasters in November by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/6/12 9:11:11 PM
cellocoasterdude said:

Come to Japan, we ride all year.

-Tim

Showoff. ;)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Coasters in November by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 10/7/12 3:41:47 PM
I'm a November child also. It sucks that the parks are always closed. You can still take him to Ocean City, if they have open rides there. I hope your dad enjoy's his B-day!!