Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Son of Beast comes down... demolition video

Son of Beast comes down... demolition video

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
10/3/12 at
12:15:05 AM

Courtesy of Kings Island GM

SOB Demolition

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/3/12 2:08:08 AM
Even though I never got to ride it, that vid just feels so depressing :(
Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 10/3/12 5:56:56 AM
As a fellow first night rider with the Lecster. this is sad.

Im wondering what they are going to do with all that wood. I seen twit pics that show its being more or less shredded. However the wood is not safe to build any indoor structures and is in fact toxic as it has a acid pressurize treatment. If you ever seen the guys who worked on the coaster, inspected and greased it. They were dressed up head to toe like firemen

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/3/12 7:16:15 AM
Link doesn't work for me. Just as well..I'd be in a funk all day if I watched it.

(sonof)beastmaster...for the day.

Hey, if Homer and Jethro can be their own grandpaw, why can't I be my son? :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by alpengeistno3 at 10/3/12 11:25:40 PM
All I can say is...wow!! Wonder if they can bring the lift hill down with the same precision.

Between this and Space Spiral, I am quickly becoming a fan of demolition videos. Fascinating!

Paul

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/3/12 11:52:51 PM
Will Hershey ever follow? lol. I mean they can't keep building coasters on top of each other forever, something has to go if they need to build something new.
Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by alpengeistno3 at 10/4/12 12:35:31 AM
By purchasing the golf course for the park, Hershey will have plenty of land to expand. Much like Midway America has done, that will solve any expansion plans they have for the next 15-20 years if they use it wisely.

Paul

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/4/12 1:20:04 AM
Fingers crossed on the expand wisely part. Although, I do think maybe they should sell off some of their older steel coasters. I understand they are good as starter coasters or for historical/nostalgia, but how many other parks keeps as many old coasters while forcing new coaster to work around them?
Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 10/4/12 1:45:39 PM
Can't get to the video. Avast is telling me that telly.com is a malicious site and that it's blocking viruses and malware that the site is trying to load if I go there.

Any other sites with the video?

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/4/12 3:21:27 PM
SirWillow said:

Can't get to the video. Avast is telling me that telly.com is a malicious site and that it's blocking viruses and malware that the site is trying to load if I go there. Any other sites with the video?

Dunno. That's the site that Greg Scheid, KI's GM used to distribute the video so my guess would be it's a safe site. My Norton didn't raise any alarm.

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by alpengeistno3 at 10/4/12 8:09:17 PM
I didn't have any problem with the old link, but I found this one on Facebook.

http://www.indystar.com/videonetwork/1878232246001?odyssey=mod

Paul

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by Stredain Stredain Profile at 10/5/12 9:59:51 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Even though I never got to ride it, that vid just feels so depressing :(

Here here.. ^sniff* It is always sad to see a favorite leave and itw as well appreciated by many rollercoaster lovers.
S.

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by CN12 CN12 Profile at 10/5/12 10:39:11 AM
That's sad. I really wanted to ride that. They better put something good in its place.
Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 10/6/12 10:32:29 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

I didn't have any problem with the old link, but I found this one on Facebook.

http://www.indystar.com/videonetwork/1878232246001?odyssey=mod

Paul

Thanks!! That one worked fine.

I'll be in the minority here I'm sure, but I almost wanted wanted to jump for joy seeing that. SoB (who's initials fit it so well) was one of my top 5 worst roller coasters I've ever been on, so seeing it go for something that might actually be rideable without injuring it's passengers (or making them deaf) is a great thing in my book.

sorry folks, but the only redeemable thing about it was removed years ago. It had a horrible layout, boring, horrid trains, and worked on shaking and vibrating it's passengers in all sorts of uncomfortable ways. Rarely do I get off of a coaster in pain, but I sure did with SoB. Good riddance, and use the space for a quality ride.

Re: Son of Beast comes down... demolition video by alpengeistno3 at 10/7/12 7:36:15 PM
I am ABSOLUTELY with you, SirWillow. Without the loop, SOB had NO redeeming qualities as a ride that one should not rejoice at seeing it go to possibly make room for a new attraction. That video, frankly, brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Paul