Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays

Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays

drachen drachen Profile

Posted:
10/2/12 at
11:23:49 PM

Just a few questions...

My in-laws are coming into town next week. I'm taking my brother in-law to Great Adventure on Saturday, 10/13.

Am I correct in assuming that crowds are pretty minimal in the 10am-2pm hours? I imagine it gets pretty busy at night...

Everything is operational too, correct? I want to make sure I get him on the big five - Ka, Toro, Bizarro, Nitro, Green Lantern.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by JonBorichef at 10/3/12 3:11:14 AM
I don't know how much this will help, but I was at another Six Flags park last saturday (Discovery Kingdom)...

The crowds started appearing around 4pm and all rides were operational.

Hope this helps.

Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/3/12 3:33:26 AM
drachen said:

Just a few questions...

My in-laws are coming into town next week. I'm taking my brother in-law to Great Adventure on Saturday, 10/13.

Am I correct in assuming that crowds are pretty minimal in the 10am-2pm hours? I imagine it gets pretty busy at night...

Everything is operational too, correct? I want to make sure I get him on the big five - Ka, Toro, Bizarro, Nitro, Green Lantern.

You are correct. Everything but the water rides are up (They still had the Log Flume and Rapids open in late Sept when it was warm - don't know if they'll have the staff to open them if the temps are high in Oct). Gets busier as the day goes on but you should be OK until 2 - 4 pm.

When I was there on Sept 23rd (an absolutely beautiful day) I got a FP only because of my ankle and I can't stand on lines anymore but it was only truly needed for those able bodied people on S:UF - had only one train on and my mother forced me to ride it! :~( and GL's line got pretty long as the day went on. KKs obligatory 20 - 30 min wait was also in effect with all trains running. ET was about a 20 min wait and Medusa a walk on. Nitro's wait was 15 minutes at 3 pm, which was our last ride then we left (Jets game was at 4 30 pm, wish I had stayed at the park instead!). If it's an extremely nice day may get some earlier crowds but nothing compared to the regular season especially if you're there at opening. If you/they want to do S:UF hit that first - that line was easily a 2 + hour wait by noon.

Have fun!

Jen

Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by drachen drachen Profile at 10/3/12 10:21:45 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the insight. I've been to Great Adventure numerous times - just never for Halloween.

I don't plan on riding Superman at all. I don't care for the ride, and my brother in law has the same coaster at his local Six Flags park in Chicago. We'll be heading straight for Ka and El Toro, and then we'll work our way around to Nitro.

Has Green Lantern been running 3 trains at all?

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by ktujon ktujon Profile at 10/3/12 10:44:18 AM
gonna head over this friday hope its not crowded!
Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/3/12 11:18:29 AM
drachen said:

Not all the time, but occasionally.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Great Adventure Fright Fest - Saturdays by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/4/12 5:21:44 AM
beastmaster said:

drachen said:

Not all the time, but occasionally.

It was running three trains when I was there in Sept. All the major coasters were running at capacity, except S:UF. Don't know if there was a problem with the other train or not - it was there, just parked, which created a line of ridiculous proportions. We had a FP and walked right to the platform and we waited about 20 - 30 minutes with a one train operation. The queue was completely full and had to be a 2 1/2 - 3 hour wait.

Jen