Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster??

Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster??

segafan7 segafan7 Profile

Posted:
10/1/12 at
12:35:39 PM

This has just been a little pet peave of mine (it just rubs me the wrong way). Someone (a certain "Daniel L.") over on the Yelp.com website posted a picture of a coaster in the Cedar Point section claiming that it was a picture of the Raptor. The picture is somewhere around number 51 (sometimes the order of the pictures change).

I was hoping SOMEONE on here could take a look at that picture and identify which coaster it ACTUALLY is (it's the ONLY picture that "Daniel L." posted)... I'm quite sure that it is NOT the Raptor.

Thanks in advance for taking a look...

* This post was modified at 10/1/12 12:37:01 PM *

Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/1/12 12:49:44 PM
Taking a look at what?
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by segafan7 segafan7 Profile at 10/1/12 12:54:10 PM
Well... sorry for not having a link to click on, but it's a picture that was posted over on Yelp.com in the Cedar Point section.
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/1/12 1:59:47 PM
^^^If you're talking about the one small pic (tall red coaster with steel supports) than it's Magnum XL-200 (I had to dig kinda deep for that one).

www.yelp.com/biz/cedar-point-sandusky-2

* This post was modified at 10/1/12 2:08:42 PM *

Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Coaster316 at 10/1/12 3:05:54 PM
If you click on that Magnum picture it will take you to an album of 131 pics. Number 51 (it was that number for me, too, is the one posted by Daniel L. that he is talking about. It is definitely not Raptor. It kind of looked like Viper from Darien Lake, but I don't think it actually was.

Wish I could help more, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Katie Katie Profile at 10/1/12 3:08:53 PM
That ride is NOT at Cedar Point. It's a Vekoma Flying Dutchman that was X-Flight at Geauga Lake. Now it is FireHawk at Kings Island. Hope this helps.
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by segafan7 segafan7 Profile at 10/1/12 3:56:45 PM
Here's the link to the photo that I was talking about...

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/9BkaLYC-kfXFJyaS9IqgVw?select=BGNVnT8kPhIcf41NOVsnMw#VTbWVVpIlKhnXzgb4OPdrA

Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Katie Katie Profile at 10/1/12 3:58:37 PM
I answered your question already! :-)
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by segafan7 segafan7 Profile at 10/1/12 4:11:34 PM
Ya know, after looking at some video footage of the ride over at King's Island website, I think that you are right!! Thanks!
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Coaster316 at 10/1/12 4:12:52 PM
Great job, Katie. I should have gotten that one.
Re: Could someone PLEASE identify this coaster?? by Katie Katie Profile at 10/1/12 4:33:21 PM
It's all good. I have way too much time on my hands sometimes.