Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hershey TR 9/16/2012

Hershey TR 9/16/2012

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
9/17/12 at
2:54:57 PM

For the last few months we have wanted to get out to Hershey to ride Skyrush. Plans changed a few times, but finally on Sunday we made out there. We parked the car at 9:55, power walked to the front gate, paid our admission, and enter the park. We chose to take the New path to Skyrush. As we were hustling down there, the coaster was already running. I noticed how beautiful the setting is where Skyrush is built. Not only is over the water, but there's a fountain in the middle of the creek. It was super impressive. We entered the line, and 2 switch backs were already being used. After 20 minutes, we climbed in the back seat. The coaster trains are very cool and unique. The same side loading and unloading was frustrating. After we were strapped in we were dispatched. We climbed that very fast lift hill, then gravity took over. The first drop was great. The were some nice moments of air time and a nice lateral. The ride was very fun, but short. Overall the air time was good, but not as extreme as some coasters I've been on. The restraints felt tight on me, but didn't bother me at all. I'm a big guy, so I'm used to very tight restraints. My daughter on the other hand, did complain about some minor pain in her thighs. After the first ride I felt the coaster may flirt with the bottom half of my top 10. We would ride Skyrush again later, so I'll come back to that.

Next we headed up the hill to Fahrenheit. We waited 4 trains for front seat. I know what you guys mean. The train feels like its shaking and maneuvering through the track a little slower this year. It was still smooth and a good ride, just not as good as last year. This would be our only ride of the day on Fahrenheit.

Next up was Storm Runner. We waited 7 trains for front seat. I just love this coaster. Even though the ride is short, I love it. This is still my daughter's favorite ride in the park. The launch is great, the first drop is incredible, the inversions are nicely done, and the ride is just very smooth and unique. Unfortunately this was our only ride on Storm Runner for the day.

My daughter then dragged me onto Wildcat. We waited 2 trains for front seat. Surprisingly we got a really good ride. It was running a little jerky and very aggressive, but it was a really fun ride. I haven't had that good of a ride on Wildcat since 2000. Being that there was no line, we decided to ride again. We walked on somewhere near the middle. Big mistake. Wildcat beat the crap out me. It was so rough, I could feel my brain hitting off my skull. We should have never tried anything except for the very front.

We walked around the corner to Lightning Racer. Once again this was a walk on. We rode it a total of 4 times, 2 back seat rides on Lightning, and a front and back seat ride on Thunder. Both sides are still running very well. It's a little more bumpy than last year, but still really smooth. We enjoyed all 4 rides.

Next we rode Trailblazer. Last year it was closed, so it was a new credit for my daughter. We waited a few trains and rode somewhere near the middle of the train. We could see the park starting to get a Hershey type crowd. We grabbed lunch and knew the short waits were no longer going to exist.

After lunch we headed up the hill to Great Bear. The line was probably are 30 minutes. My daughter never rode the front, so we ended waiting for 45 minutes. When we boarded, I couldn't get the belt to fasten. The employee called for 2 more guys to come over. They asked I minded if they press down hard on the harness. I said, go for it. They could have kicked me into the big boy seat, but with some hard effort they got me buckeled in. I thanked them, and told them how much I appreciated their extra effort. As for the ride, Great Bear is still running smooth. I know the ride is unique for a B&M invert, but it ranks near the bottom of my B&M invert list. My daughter loves it. She likes it better than Talon, Patriot, or the Batmans.

We then headed down the hill to check out the new trains for Sooper Dooper Looper. After a 15 minute wait we climbed in the front seat. The new trains are nice, but not different than the old ones. The ride is a classic, but not very thrilling.

Next was The Comet. We waited 30 minutes and grabbed front seat. The Comet is still riding smooth, just a great classic coaster. It was cool to be running along Skyrush. We then hit Skyrush again, but I'll get back to that.

We then we up the hill to ride Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge. It's a shoot em up dark ride, but we never had ridden it. We waited about 25 minutes. I though the ride was nicely done. It even had some hills in it. All in all its a fun ride, especially for kids.

We skipped Sidewinder eariler in the day so we made it our last ride. We waited a few cycles and rode in the fourth car. It was about 7:00 and I had a 3 1/2 hour drive home.

Hershey has always been a nice park, but the park is getting better every year. I noticed the landscaping is becoming Busch Gardens quality. Their fast lane system doesn't affect the GP as much as it does at other parks. The rope off certain rows, but if there are no fast lane users at the time of boarding, then you can board those rows. This system is good, but it does confuse people. All in all it really was a great day, we had a lot of fun.

So where do I rank Skyrush? Our second ride on Skyrush was in the front seat. We waited a total of 45 minutes. We climbed in and I took the right wing, just like I did in the morning in the back seat. My daughter took the left wing. As the coaster was going up the lift hill, I knew what to expect. At least I thought I did. I now know what you guys mean when you say the coaster tries to dump you out. It was the most intense air and laterals I have ever experienced. It was awesome. I don't know what changed from our morning ride, but that afternoon ride was so much more intense. Its almost unthinkable how extreme this ride is. I loved every second of it. Once again the restraints didn't bother me, but they affected my daughter. Even she agreed that the second ride was way more intense. So intense, she didn't want to ride again. I know that because when we got off I was like a kid. I said you want to go again, in a pleading fashion. I absolutely loved Skyrush. I would rate it as my #2 favorite steel coaster, and my #3 favorite coaster overall, after that front seat ride. The only reason It's not #1 is because of the short length. I can't wait to get back out there next year and ride it again. I hope they keep it just how it is.

Thanks for reading,
Ken

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 9/17/12 3:54:32 PM
Nice trip report Ken.I am so happy that someone on this board thinks as highly as I do about Skyrush.It easily cracks my top 5 steel list.The only difference we had was that I rode it in the front first and it was good but I ended my night with a back winged seat and that was the ride that blew me away and I felt like I could die at anytime!!!...lol.So your front seat was the best and my back seat was my best ride.Very interesting!!!
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/17/12 4:13:15 PM
chitlins73 said:

Nice trip report Ken.I am so happy that someone on this board thinks as highly as I do about Skyrush.It easily cracks my top 5 steel list.The only difference we had was that I rode it in the front first and it was good but I ended my night with a back winged seat and that was the ride that blew me away and I felt like I could die at anytime!!!...lol.So your front seat was the best and my back seat was my best ride.Very interesting!!!

same for me, I'd say front seat is 75% less painful and not much airtime on the 1st hill

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/17/12 4:48:10 PM
chitlins73 said:

I don't know what made such a difference. It was cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon, but you wouldn't think that would affect a steel coaster. After that back seat ride in the morning, I felt Superman ROS, El Toro, Bizarro at SF New England, and Ride of Steel had more extreme air time and laterals. After that front seat, I was in love. That's why I was pleading with my daughter for another ride. I wanted another back seat ride directly after our afternoon, front seat ride. That was the most extreme air time that I have ever experienced, but I can see why some people label it as too extreme. My daughter liked it, but wasn't willing to ride it for a third time. By the way sorry for all the typos in the TR. Not only do I do everything from a smart phone, I was extremely excited when I was typing it. It's not too often I find a coaster that makes my overall top 3 coasters. Thanks for the kind words. Maybe next year we can meet up at Hershey.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by alpengeistno3 at 9/17/12 6:41:07 PM
frontrow said:

chitlins73 said:

I don't know what made such a difference. It was cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon, but you wouldn't think that would affect a steel coaster.

That is exactly it. It's not the track. All coasters, wood or steel, have oil in the wheel bearings. After a night of sitting stagnant, the oil is less viscous in the early morning hours. After a day of continuous operation, the oil is at its hottest, which really allows the wheels to hit their top speed. This is especially true on a cold night/hot day. The converse is true on a really cold day, hence the 40* rule at some parks.

Paul

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/17/12 7:31:30 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

frontrow said:

chitlins73 said:

I don't know what made such a difference. It was cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon, but you wouldn't think that would affect a steel coaster.

That is exactly it. It's not the track. All coasters, wood or steel, have oil in the wheel bearings. After a night of sitting stagnant, the oil is less viscous in the early morning hours. After a day of continuous operation, the oil is at its hottest, which really allows the wheels to hit their top speed. This is especially true on a cold night/hot day. The converse is true on a really cold day, hence the 40* rule at some parks.

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul, that does make sense. I have noticed wooden coasters running sluggish in colder weather, and running faster in hot or wet weather. I never noticed a difference on steel coasters, but apparently they follow the same rule. Now I must ride the back seat of Skyrush in 98 degree weather. That is a must for next summer.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 9/17/12 9:33:47 PM
I was at Knoebels on Saturday and had my best rides ever on The Phoenix!! I always question wether that is too high on the golden ticket but after Saturday I will no longer question that ever again.Talk about EXTREME airtime!!! The back of that train is insane!! I felt like I was gonna fly right out of that thing!!!
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/18/12 1:05:34 PM
chitlins73 said:

I was at Knoebels on Saturday and had my best rides ever on The Phoenix!! I always question wether that is too high on the golden ticket but after Saturday I will no longer question that ever again.Talk about EXTREME airtime!!! The back of that train is insane!! I felt like I was gonna fly right out of that thing!!!

Love reading that, even though I am never surprised by such reports because
it. is. Knoebel's.

Bodes well for PPP!

Mike B. (threadjacking)

Mike B.
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/18/12 1:18:28 PM
chitlins73 said:

I went two saturdays ago and felt the same thing about the phoenix, I wish there were seatbelts because I kept flying into the lapbar on those hills. I was also amazed at the twister I felt the drops were steep as el toro!

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by squirrels at 9/18/12 10:28:28 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

frontrow said:

chitlins73 said:

Paul

So how many MPH difference are we talking about?

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by alpengeistno3 at 9/18/12 11:07:30 PM
squirrels said:

alpengeistno3 said:

frontrow said:

chitlins73 said:

Paul

So how many MPH difference are we talking about?

I can't answer that, but significant enough to feel. Try taking an early morning El Toro ride versus an evening one, for example. Dominator, during Halloween Haunt last year running with the block brake completely open since it was right at 45* near late October.

Paul

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 9/18/12 11:43:44 PM
I think that new trains on old classic Schwarzkopfs like Sooper Dooper Looper could bring them back to life. While the ride is not that thrilling I think that there is a difference now.
Improvements were made on Sidewinder as well. I'm sure that with a million boomerangs around no one really cares. Rides like this one and Bat at Canada's Wonderland are a little better though.
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/19/12 12:12:48 AM
theRock-steel said:

I think that new trains on old classic Schwarzkopfs like Sooper Dooper Looper could bring them back to life. While the ride is not that thrilling I think that there is a difference now.
Improvements were made on Sidewinder as well. I'm sure that with a million boomerangs around no one really cares. Rides like this one and Bat at Canada's Wonderland are a little better though.

We've been to Hershey 2 years in row. They are starting to pay attention to every detail. Like you mentioned, new trains on Sidewinder and Sooper Dooper Looper. As I mentioned in my TR, the landscaping is phenomenal. Every time I used the restroom, there was an employee in there cleaning. The staff was very friendly, but not very fast. Our lunch was reasonably priced, and very good. Parking was only $12. The park sent me an email before our visit, that included a coupon that I had to print out, for $14 dollars off each admission. The area where Skyrush has been built is absolutely gorgeous. Hershey just seems to be getting better and better each year. As of now, I would rank it as my 4th favorite park. I'm heading back there next year, for sure. I'm addicted to Skyrush. I can't wait to see how they improve next year. Hershey has become a world class destination.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/19/12 6:21:09 PM
^
Nicely put, frontrow.

I've always liked HP, have fond memories of being there with my family a couple times before the nest became empty (I have the video of the four of us on their now gone raft ride).

Anyway, I'd gone back since those days, but the last time was 2004. So when I attended the ACE event the past June, with my 25 year old son in tow, it was a memorable day for me in more ways than one.

Anyway, as to what frontrow said...HP is doing good stuff, that was clear to me. I liked it more this time around and will always want to go back there. Just exactly which year that will be...who knows?

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by drachen drachen Profile at 9/24/12 2:26:06 PM
I'm glad that you made it to Hersheypark, and I'm glad that you liked Skyrush so much.

My thoughts regarding Skyrush are well-documented on this site in other threads. In a nutshell:

It is one of the most intense rides that I've experienced, and it's very fun. But it's too short for my taste. It's only 3600 feet long, egregiously short for a 200 foot ride. It's over very quickly.

The station set up is borderline idiotic, which makes waiting in a long line very frustrating. It's always frustrating to wait in a line that you know shouldn't be that long. I hope they can remedy it in the off season, but they will need to get creative.

As much as I like the fast lift and the speed with which you climb/crest the lift, I don't think decision to go with an elevator cable was the best one.

I imagine the purpose of it was to improve capacity by getting trains onto the ride circuit as quickly as possible. I actually think it's counterproductive. Sure it's fun, but the extra speed up the lift only adds extra speed to the ride (which it doesn't need) and exacerbates the stacking issue.

I really like the trains. I really don't like the restraints. They literally take the joy out of what is a fun vertical layout. The apex of every hill should be fun, but on Skyrush you almost dread them because of the pain the lap bar will inflict on you.

I went to the park the other day. By 9pm, Skyrush had no line. I was able to ride it three times in a row (exiting and re-entering). I was probably done after the second ride. I was definitely done after the third. Skyrush just isn't re-rideable, which is something I value in a roller coaster.

When I rode some of B&M's 200 footers this year, I made a point to notice how the lap bar and the seat interact. It's a brilliant design, and there is no way anyone of any size can slip out.

I really feel that Skyrush needs a restraint re-do, and it may require a seat re-do as well. This train does try to eject you more than most coasters do. So, whatever they come up with as an improvement may also require a seat alteration. Skyrush's current seats are very open.

Skyrush would be a much better overall experience if Hersheypark can improve the capacity and fix the restraints.

Regarding the park, it's one of my favorite places (since I spent so much time there growing up). But it's really not close to being one of my favorite parks. I can probably name about 15 parks that I like better.

If I were to break down what I think about Hersheypark, it would look something like this:

Hersheypark is "Elite" when it comes to:
- Ride Maintenance
- Park Cleanliness
- Physical Land Development
- the Carousel
- Environmental Awareness

Hersheypark is "Very Good" at:
- Physical Facilities (restrooms, restaurants, stations)
- Squeezing Coasters into Tight Spaces
- Games and Retail

Hersheypark is "Good" with:
- Ride Design/Development
- Ride/Attraction Placement (except the water park)
- Roller Coaster Collection
- Preserving their history

Hersheypark "OK" in regards to:
- Flat ride selection
- Staff Friendliness
- Food Quality

Hersheypark is "Poor" when it comes to:
- Ride Operation/Efficiency
- Transportation Rides
- Park Layout

The park's layout worked well for so many years, but Hersheypark has since out-grown it. The main draw now is the water park, which sits very far away from the main gate.

The main gate itself, built in the early 1970's, is a real pinch-point for the large crowds now coming to the park. It's just not open enough.

Hersheypark spent $25 million dollars revamping Comet Hollow and building Skyrush. I think it is time to spend $25 million again, but this time on a new, more centered park entrance plaza, north of the Arena, complete with shops, restaurants and new gate.

That's what Hersheypark needs now more than anything. Their coaster collection is well-rounded. They have a nice selection of water rides. It's time to sit back a bit on the ride development side of things and improve the infrastructure again - this time by creating a new, wide open main gate to facilitate the crowds Hershey now draws.

* This post was modified at 9/24/12 8:01:43 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by looper77 at 9/24/12 5:32:53 PM
drachen said:

The park's layout worked well for so many years, but Hersheypark has since out-grown it. The main draw now is the water park, which sits very far away from the main gate.

The main gate itself, built in the early 1970's, is a real pinch-point for the large crowds now coming to the park. It's just not open enough.

Hersheypark spent $25 million dollars revamping Comet Hollow and building Skyrush. I think it is time to spend $25 million again, but this time on a new, more centered park entrance plaza, north of the Arena, complete with shops, restaurants and new gate.

That's what Hersheypark needs now more than anything. Their coaster collection is well-rounded. They have a nice selection of water rides. It's time to sit back a bit on the ride development side of things and improve the infrastructure again - this time by creating a new, wide open main gate to facilitate the crowds Hershey now draws.

It's so funny you say that, because I've been thinking for awhile that that's what they should do. For one, they should have built the water park in the arena parking lot or old swimming area by the golf course (but that's crying over spilt milk at this point).

But to fix the many horrendous and poor planning decisions they've made, they need to either tear down the arena (I'm all for preserving stuff but at this point, there's no real reason to keep it) and use that extra space along with the arena parking lot OR develop the park into a complete circle around the arena. Build a tunnel entrance walkway to connect the arena to the existing parking lot.

They've been clever with squeeezing in the coasters, surely they can be clever with coming up with a new park entrance and improved layout.

The decision to build Skyrush and not extend it all the way out to the golf course for a 5,000 foot long ride is a stupid and costly mistake. To have a brand-spanking new 200-foot-tall coaster with no line at night is proof that the ride is a costly mistake. Hopefully new restraints/trains/station configuration can fix things.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by drachen drachen Profile at 9/24/12 9:09:41 PM
looper77 said:

But to fix the many horrendous and poor planning decisions they've made, they need to either tear down the arena (I'm all for preserving stuff but at this point, there's no real reason to keep it) and use that extra space along with the arena parking lot OR develop the park into a complete circle around the arena. Build a tunnel entrance walkway to connect the arena to the existing parking lot.

I think an entrance relocation can be done without removing anything besides the current parking lot north of the Arena. That space is large enough for an huge entrance plaza and tram stops.

I would also like to see the carousel and Milton Hershey statue relocated to an all new Carrousel Circle area and the new front of the park. The current Carrousel Circle could be used as "new" land for expansion.

I don't want to see the Arena go anywhere. It's too historic. It can be incorporated into the new entrance way. It can be used as both an in-park and outside-the-park show/event venue and continue to be used as office space. They can build into its first level a series of shops and restaurants. It can double as the park's border on that portion of the park.

Ultimately, I think Hersheypark Stadium needs to be replaced with a similar, but more modern facility over by Giant Center. Put both "entertainment" venues together.

The stadium's current footprint could be additional parking, and the park can expand behind Wildcat into that parking lot.

I like Hersheypark's current entrance - it has all that remains of the "Hersheypark Charm". But, it's in a bad spot for what the park is now. It's at the bottom of a two hills (not an easy walk), and floods during heavy rain storms that seem to come every few years at this point.

That whole area can be re-themed into an "Old Hersheypark" area like Idlewild and Kennywood have done.

Hershey has lots of options within its current borders.

By the way, looper77, did you make it out to Hershey this year? If so, what did you think of Skyrush?

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by looper77 at 9/25/12 1:30:18 AM
drachen said:

I think an entrance relocation can be done without removing anything besides the current parking lot north of the Arena. That space is large enough for an huge entrance plaza and tram stops.

I would also like to see the carousel and Milton Hershey statue relocated to an all new Carrousel Circle area and the new front of the park. The current Carrousel Circle could be used as "new" land for expansion.

I don't want to see the Arena go anywhere. It's too historic. It can be incorporated into the new entrance way. It can be used as both an in-park and outside-the-park show/event venue and continue to be used as office space. They can build into its first level a series of shops and restaurants. It can double as the park's border on that portion of the park.

Ultimately, I think Hersheypark Stadium needs to be replaced with a similar, but more modern facility over by Giant Center. Put both "entertainment" venues together.

The stadium's current footprint could be additional parking, and the park can expand behind Wildcat into that parking lot.

I like Hersheypark's current entrance - it has all that remains of the "Hersheypark Charm". But, it's in a bad spot for what the park is now. It's at the bottom of a two hills (not an easy walk), and floods during heavy rain storms that seem to come every few years at this point.

That whole area can be re-themed into an "Old Hersheypark" area like Idlewild and Kennywood have done.

Hershey has lots of options within its current borders.

By the way, looper77, did you make it out to Hershey this year? If so, what did you think of Skyrush?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to Hershey this year.

I grew up going to Hershey, and was my favorite park as a kid, despite the fact that Great Adventure had all the better rides. Atmosphere is very important to me when going to a park, and Hershey seemed to just be a nicer place to visit.

Anyway I lived on the west coast and only got back about every other year, but I've moved around this summer and it wasn't in the cards. I also think the reports I heard made me less enthusiastic about going. Maybe there will be new trains next year, and then I would love to check it out.

I agree that the stadium should go and be moved over to Giant Center. Why Canyon River Rapids had to meet an untimely demise because of poor planning is something I will never get over.

I hope the park plans it's future with what's best in the long run in mind.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by Tomes at 9/25/12 12:26:46 PM
Wow!

I haven't read any of the replies, so pardon me. But I read the TR and I'm very impressed with your review of Sky Rush. Sounds like I may just have to give Hershey another visit. I was there last year and generally agree with you about most of the other rides.. I didn't think WildCat was as bad as some poeple say. But I'm just super impressed to find out that SkyRush is as intense as you claim. Definitely on my radar!

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/25/12 12:47:56 PM
Tomes said:

Wow!

I haven't read any of the replies, so pardon me. But I read the TR and I'm very impressed with your review of Sky Rush. Sounds like I may just have to give Hershey another visit. I was there last year and generally agree with you about most of the other rides.. I didn't think WildCat was as bad as some poeple say. But I'm just super impressed to find out that SkyRush is as intense as you claim. Definitely on my radar!

I believe I am one of the few, that love Skyrush. Most people don't like it because how intense it is, or because of the restraints. Skyrush is one of the most intense thrill rides. It reminds me of a miniature I305. I can't believe how much I liked it. The ride is short, which makes you wanting more. It's a coaster you have to ride in order to judge for yourself. On a side note, Skyrush is longer than Phantoms Revenge, so it's not the shortest hyper coaster.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 9/25/12 12:51:57 PM
Thanks for the tr. Hershey is on my dream list.

Pat-O

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by Tomes at 9/26/12 10:56:44 AM
frontrow said:

[I believe I am one of the few, that love Skyrush. Most people don't like it because how intense it is, or because of the restraints. Skyrush is one of the most intense thrill rides. It reminds me of a miniature I305. I can't believe how much I liked it. The ride is short, which makes you wanting more. It's a coaster you have to ride in order to judge for yourself. On a side note, Skyrush is longer than Phantoms Revenge, so it's not the shortest hyper coaster.

I like intense! I haven't been on a smooth, new roller coaster that made me think "Oh this is too intense". I mean, old and poorly maintained woodies - yeah, but that's not how the ride is intended to ride. I f***ing love I305, Maverick and similar coasters that have abrupt changes of directions, throw you out of your seat, and twist you in unexpected ways. I would probably like this ride a lot. I also LOVE Storm runner, and always speak highly of it despite how short it is.

Re: Hershey TR 9/16/2012 by squirrels at 9/26/12 4:35:03 PM
Tomes said:

frontrow said:

[I believe I am one of the few, that love Skyrush. Most people don't like it because how intense it is, or because of the restraints. Skyrush is one of the most intense thrill rides. It reminds me of a miniature I305. I can't believe how much I liked it. The ride is short, which makes you wanting more. It's a coaster you have to ride in order to judge for yourself. On a side note, Skyrush is longer than Phantoms Revenge, so it's not the shortest hyper coaster.

I like intense! I haven't been on a smooth, new roller coaster that made me think "Oh this is too intense". I mean, old and poorly maintained woodies - yeah, but that's not how the ride is intended to ride. I f***ing love I305, Maverick and similar coasters that have abrupt changes of directions, throw you out of your seat, and twist you in unexpected ways. I would probably like this ride a lot. I also LOVE Storm runner, and always speak highly of it despite how short it is.

I think it would be right up your alley.

A lot of Intamin's modern coasters are pushing the limits of what the human body can tolerate and still enjoy. I305 and Maverick are perfect examples. I love them both...but a lot of people feel beat to hell after riding something like that. Not like Millenium Force, which is smooth, fast, and something you can ride 10 times a day if the line's short enough.