Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12

Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12

alpengeistno3

Posted:
9/17/12 at
1:57:54 AM

I posted this on Facebook, figured it might be an interesting read here. A little background. I came up with a "flag rating" system back in May after our County Music Day trip. 6 Flags = great day. 5 flags = not bad, 4 flags = some issues, 3 flags = major issues, 2 or less flags = should have stayed home!! I kinda abbreviated that system for my little 2 hr trip to renew my pass.
Here it is...

Well, I just got back from a "4 flag" day at Six Flags.

+pluses
-getting my new 2013 Gold pass with parking good for all Six Flags for $75 (thank you for the extra 5%, Discover Card :) (add 1 flag)
- rode all the coasters except Mind Eraser and Superman in less than 2 hrs (add 1 flag)

-negatives
-1 train ops on all the coasters, even Wild One (I didn't know they could actually take the train off!) (subtract 1/2 flag)
-Apocalypse still racked my skull, even in the middle of the back row. What a piece of junk! (subtract 1/2 flag)
- didn't ride Mind Eraser due to the crazy 20 min line as a result of said 1 train ops (no deduction because I could care less about that piece of junk)
-Superman closed the queue at 5:45. Op claimed the ride had to be down by 6:00. I go ride Batwing (whose line did not clear until 6:10, and they did not shut it off early). I get off Batwing and see a load of around 20 employees riding Superman. Down by 6:00 my left cheek!!! (subtract 3 flags for my being pissed!)

Shame I can't have a good time in that park after being there for only 2 hrs. At least I know I can go to Great Adventure in Jersey without being mugged for that $22 parking fee :)

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 9/17/12 9:50:15 AM
On my only trip there I had a "4 flag" day as well. Superman broke down with me on it, ride ops were slow, and there were only two non-coasters to ride (subtract 2 flags). Also the food workers didn't seem to care if you or them were there at all. Ride of Steel, Batwing, Joker's Jinx, and the two woodens are still very good rides. There are some negatives, but this park should NOT be skipped.

I have a question about tickets. Disney allows you to get tickets to all of their parks for one year. Universal and Busch/SeaWorld do the same thing. If you are at SF America in June let's say,
can you buy a ticket that will also let you in SF New England and SF Great Adventure in August
of the same year? Can you buy an annual pass that lets you in Cedar Point in late May and
Kings Dominion in July as long as both are in 2013 ?

* This post was modified at 9/17/12 10:00:12 AM *

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 9/17/12 1:12:18 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

-negatives
-1 train ops on all the coasters, even Wild One (I didn't know they could actually take the train off!) (subtract 1/2 flag)

SFA historically, even back to the Adventure World days, never had large crowds on weekends in Septembeer. SFA has always ran one train operation on all their coasters in September leading up to the Halloween events. Had you possibly researched this by reading trip reports for the past decade, you would've realized this before you bitched and complained about it on the internet.

You got to ride pretty much everything you wanted in less than two hours, and you're still not happy. Try doing that anywhere else.

In addition, September 16th was a late addition to the park's calendar as the park could not find a buyer for a corporate buyout. I bet the main (tiny) parking lot wasn't even full.

You're flag rating system is stupid.

I don't mind negative critism for this park but seriously people always expect SFA to be something it's not. And then wonder why they are disappointed.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/17/12 2:04:33 PM
I went last month (8/17) with a friend to use that bring a friend coupon since it was the last day to use for it, we ate late/lunch early dinner at bojangles near largo town centre got to the park around 5ish. We went around riding all the coasters. All the coasters had only one train running.

Mind eraser we went to first but the train got stuck before arriving in the loading station so we moved on. We eventually came back and waited 3 trains for the front row, the ride op was very entertaining he kept asking cartoon trivia to all the kids waiting in line, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on Nickelodeon!

Longest wait of the day was Apocalypse for the front row 3 train wait. We thought the back row was better felt more force there.

One thing I noticed at this park is they close promptly, so at 9pm after getting off Batwing, we walked over to Superman and saw the station empty and everything else, because it was full earlier so I'm guessing they kicked out the people waiting in line.

I plan on getting the Great Adventure season pass because I have friends that want to go there instead

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Coaster316 at 9/17/12 2:08:09 PM
Great_Ump said:

I have to somewhat agree with this statement (maybe not quite to the same scale, though.

alpengeistno3 said:

6 Flags = great day. 5 flags = not bad, 4 flags = some issues, 3 flags = major issues, 2 or less flags = should have stayed home!!

Here's why I would never personally be able to use the system. There's only one of the 5 possible ratings that have a positive slant to them. It implies that you are going into the day looking for something bad. When the best one can come up with for a 5 out of 6 is "not bad" then it seems like there is little that could be done to please them.

I'm not saying you go into a park with that attitude. I don't know you and I don't really care how you approach parks. However, its just something that jumped out at me when reading your trip report and I thought it was interesting.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/17/12 2:15:58 PM
Great_Ump said:

SFA historically, even back to the Adventure World days, never had large crowds on weekends in Septembeer. SFA has always ran one train operation on all their coasters in September leading up to the Halloween events. Had you possibly researched this by reading trip reports for the past decade, you would've realized this before you bitched and complained about it on the internet.

You got to ride pretty much everything you wanted in less than two hours, and you're still not happy. Try doing that anywhere else.

In addition, September 16th was a late addition to the park's calendar as the park could not find a buyer for a corporate buyout. I bet the main (tiny) parking lot wasn't even full.

I don't mind negative critism for this park but seriously people always expect SFA to be something it's not. And then wonder why they are disappointed.

Joe
Great_Ump

That's harsh and unnecessary. Couldn't it have been all a sarcastic stab at SFA? Given a choice of going to SFA or KD, I'd gladly travel the extra miles to KD as that park has way more to offer. SFA is a joke, the 'newest' ride they get is a 2 decade old 2nd hand coaster. It's clear SF doesn't give a damn about that park.

* This post was modified at 9/17/12 2:16:34 PM *

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/17/12 6:03:31 PM
I considered not even entertaining your trolling response, Joe, but since you made so many errors.

Great_Ump said:

alpengeistno3 said:

-negatives

Incorrect. In the past, SFA (don't know or care about Adventure World) has always ran 2 trains on the woodies and Mind Eraser, regardless of the crowds. (can't begin to tell you how many Fridays I have come to park afterschool and been the only one on the train while the other has run empty.) Did they need 2 trains? No. I was making an observation. If you were not interested in my observations, find something else to read!!

Great_Ump said:

Ironic, that you point that out. Since I was there to renew my pass, I will do EXACTLY that!
(SFGradv, here come)

Great_Ump said:

Incorrect, as well (as long as you don't count the preferred parking area.) The park had a promotion where it would allow you to use your expired "bring a friend free" coupons. It would seem a lot of people took them up on that.

Great_Ump said:

If by stupid, you mean "pointless fun", then yes, that is the 1st correct thing you have said in your troll.

Great_Ump said:

I never said I had a "disappointing" day. Frankly, I got EXACTLY what I expected. Ever since day 1 (which was May 1999), that park has been a mess of operations, WTH moments, and a blight on what was once a pretty proud Six Flags franchise.) It is better than it used to be, but that is like saying constipation is better than diarrhea. It's all still crap.

Thank you for you comments, Joe. Next...

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 9/17/12 6:24:45 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

I never said I had a "disappointing" day. Frankly, I got EXACTLY what I expected. Ever since day 1 (which was May 1999), that park has been a mess of operations, WTH moments, and a blight on what was once a pretty proud Six Flags franchise.) It is better than it used to be, but that is like saying constipation is better than diarrhea. It's all still crap.

SFA had been the leader in the chain as far as Guest Satisfaction Scores are concerned for the past two years. There have been SIGNIFICANT improvements to the operations of the park.

It's ok.

You're just one of those enthusiasts who love to sh*t on SFA, using your own bowel humor.

Joe
Great_Ump

p.s. I've been a season pass holder at that park every year since 1993. They have ALWAYS had one train operation, even on woodies, on non-Halloween event weekends, in September. Being today is my birthday and on my birthday, we use to go to AW/SFA every year, I would, of course, know this.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/17/12 6:25:39 PM
Coaster316 said:

Great_Ump said:

I have to somewhat agree with this statement (maybe not quite to the same scale, though.

It was completely tongue-in-cheek. I could have came on here and gave a standard, "I arrived to the park at 4:00..." TR, but I figured I'd keep it short and the point. The basic point is that everything was going pretty well until the ops pulled their "closing" stunt at Superman. To be honest, I am not really that concerned as those shin splitter restraints practically tear my shins up every time I get on there, so I wouldn't have rode more than 1 time anyway. It is just the way they did it (no sign, saying the ride had to be down when they ran it for cast members after said time.) It left a sour taste in my mouth for what otherwise would have been an uneventful day.

alpengeistno3 said:

6 Flags = great day. 5 flags = not bad, 4 flags = some issues, 3 flags = major issues, 2 or less flags = should have stayed home!!

Coaster316 said:

Here's why I would never personally be able to use the system. There's only one of the 5 possible ratings that have a positive slant to them. It implies that you are going into the day looking for something bad. When the best one can come up with for a 5 out of 6 is "not bad" then it seems like there is little that could be done to please them.

I'm not saying you go into a park with that attitude. I don't know you and I don't really care how you approach parks. However, its just something that jumped out at me when reading your trip report and I thought it was interesting.

The reason I came up with this is because the chain started that whole "How many flags was your day?" campaign a couple years ago. I thought, rather than just saying "This day sucks", which a lot of people do, how about qualifying your statement? There is plenty of good that happens on even the worst day, but if something negative happens, you should be able to quantify it. And no one ever said you have a limit of 6 flags. You just start with 6 (a normal day). If you had a bunch of positives, then you can have a 15 flag day (kind of defeats the point, but hey, it's possible).

As for me, we have not met. I used to work at Busch Gardens for 3 years on Drachen Fire and Alpengeist, so I do notice things in operations that a lot of people overlook. I don't go into parks looking for problems, but I am pretty astute to being able so catch them and will not shy away from pointing them out. Most of the time, it is just a "look at that" jab. Doesn't keep me from visiting any park, but in the case of SFA, I've seen enough "look at that's" that I am not surprised by what I see, more if I don't see any (which is rare)

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/17/12 10:27:11 PM
Great_Ump said:

alpengeistno3 said:

SFA had been the leader in the chain as far as Guest Satisfaction Scores are concerned for the past two years. There have been SIGNIFICANT improvements to the operations of the park.

It's ok.

You are right, it is okay. I don't care about Guest Satisfaction scores when you are watching a train full of employees on a ride that is closing. I was pissed, so you can be as satisfied as you want.

Great_Ump said:

You're just one of those enthusiasts who love to sh*t on SFA, using your own bowel humor.

Okay, do you want a cookie for jumping on my report? See if you get anything for it from the park since everything is "okay" for you. And I assure you, it is not just enthusiasts who have ill to say about SFA. You have no idea how many coworkers I have, even some who worked there when it was Adventure World, swear they never want to go back. I really did try to give away those Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets when I heard about the promotion, but no one wanted them.

Great_Ump said:

p.s. I've been a season pass holder at that park every year since 1993. They have ALWAYS had one train operation, even on woodies, on non-Halloween event weekends, in September. Being today is my birthday and on my birthday, we use to go to AW/SFA every year, I would, of course, know this.

So I'm stupid and can't count? Joe, I'm done feeding you. No more troll feeding for me. Goodbye. (forgot, PLONK! Haven't had one of those around here in a LONGGGGGG time)

Paul

* This post was modified at 9/17/12 10:32:51 PM *

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Coaster316 at 9/18/12 8:28:43 AM
Great_Ump said:

Being today is my birthday and on my birthday, we use to go to AW/SFA every year, I would, of course, know this.

Happy belated birthday, Joe.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/18/12 10:07:03 AM
Wow, shades of the old school URC. Thanks for the TR. I have no problem with Paul's TR at all. He told it like it is, as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely love outspoken non-sugarcoated TR's that cut through the fluff, and tell it like it is. There's no use of making a TR if you hold back on your opinions. A common negative reaction to TR's like this usually involves a lil' hometown thin skin. Usually hometown pride comes in play with far more harsh TR's like if someone was to say "SFA absolutely sucks!!!". Ironically some of the harshest critics of parks usually are jaded hometown/regional patrons. I know that I've been killing Wild Adv for years LOL.
Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 9/18/12 11:14:40 AM
OMG!, I was there on 8/16/12. My friend didn't want to ride apocalypse because of the head-banging also.
Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by kdleader kdleader Profile at 9/18/12 12:35:46 PM
I too was there on 09/16 in the middle of the afternoon. My son and I made the 2.5 hour trip from central PA because Apocalypse wasn't completed in May when we were there last. I found it to be a little rough on the head but bearable. I thought the theming was good.

We rode all coasters except Mind Eraser and Roar. Roar was a walk-on but my son didn't want to ride. Our one ride on Mind Eraser in 2006 was enough (got the credit, need no more rides on this one).

The one-train operations really only hindered us at Wild One. That and the guests that thought they could duck under the queue rails and skip the short queue wrapping the perimeter of the station lengthened the wait.

Also processed our 2013 passes. I got the gold for myself so that parking will be free at all Six Flag parks. I don't know why I purchased them online prior to leaving. It cost me $5.99 more than had I just bought them at the park. We were the only ones processing/purchasing passes so it's not like I was doing it to avoid a long line.

I'd rate our day one flag better than Paul.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Coaster316 at 9/18/12 12:40:17 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

The reason I came up with this is because the chain started that whole "How many flags was your day?" campaign a couple years ago. I thought, rather than just saying "This day sucks", which a lot of people do, how about qualifying your statement? There is plenty of good that happens on even the worst day, but if something negative happens, you should be able to quantify it. And no one ever said you have a limit of 6 flags. You just start with 6 (a normal day). If you had a bunch of positives, then you can have a 15 flag day (kind of defeats the point, but hey, it's possible).

I really don't mean to overdo this, but my curiosity has been peaked by your rating system. Why is a 15-flag day defeating the point? In your system, wouldn't a 15-flag day be a nice goal?

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 9/18/12 6:22:54 PM
I don't mind being the troll of the board. After all, there aren't many posters left from the early days of URC.

My point was simple: You chose to complain about something that the park has always done, and based on your own comments that the park was not busy and there were walk ons on day that DID NOT justify two train operation.

If you have to wait a few cycles for one ride, what, like 10 minutes, then really, what is the big deal?

Yes Paul. Everyone knows you worked at BGW, you've told us a number of times. SFA is no BGW. Not even close. But, for what it is, it's not a bad little park.

I don't mind being the troll as long as you are just another whiney enthusiast with unrealistic expectations. You fit the mold so well.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/18/12 7:48:54 PM
Coaster316 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

I really don't mean to overdo this, but my curiosity has been peaked by your rating system. Why is a 15-flag day defeating the point? In your system, wouldn't a 15-flag day be a nice goal?

A FANTASTIC goal. But remember, we are talking about SFA. No one has THAT great a day there, lol!

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/18/12 7:57:58 PM
Overbanked said:

Wow, shades of the old school URC. Thanks for the TR. I have no problem with Paul's TR at all. He told it like it is, as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely love outspoken non-sugarcoated TR's that cut through the fluff, and tell it like it is. There's no use of making a TR if you hold back on your opinions. A common negative reaction to TR's like this usually involves a lil' hometown thin skin. Usually hometown pride comes in play with far more harsh TR's like if someone was to say "SFA absolutely sucks!!!". Ironically some of the harshest critics of parks usually are jaded hometown/regional patrons. I know that I've been killing Wild Adv for years LOL.

Thank you, Chris. I appreciate the support. I've given SFA many chances to change. I've even defended the place amongst my colleagues, trying to convince them that it's not so bad if you don't stay there long enough for something to go wrong. I tried to give them another chance this year and every bit of the 3 times I have been there have left me sour. (Almost made it this time, ALMOST!) I may go back one more time for Fright Fest, but after that, my Six Flags time will solely be at Great Adventure. Enough is enough!

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/18/12 8:06:35 PM
Fatsoccerguy191 said:

OMG!, I was there on 8/16/12. My friend didn't want to ride apocalypse because of the head-banging also.

I've ridden some really rough coasters multiple times; Scream Machine 36 times, Drachen Fire 72 times, FoF with the OSTR's 30 times, all in a row, in the back seat. I've ridden Apocalypse 2 times and I was done. I tried all my defensive riding techniques and just kept taking a beating going into the 1st vertical loop and exiting the corkscrew. Surprisingly, all the twisted turns at the end were glass smooth. I can probably take it anywhere except the back, but the ride is completely forceless and boring in the rest of the train, so it's pointless to ride at that point. I can't imagine how bad it must have been in Chicago since everyone who has ridden it there says this is "better".

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 9/18/12 8:26:36 PM
Six Flags America is a fine park for it's size. I haven't been to Six Flags St. Louis, but based on their rides, it reminds me of a Six Flags America type of park. There is no way Six Flags America can never be a Six Flags Great Adventure, Great America, or Magic Mountain, not becuase " it sucks", it's becuase of the land size mainly. If Six Flags wanted to build something world-record breaking, they wouldn't be able to, unless they take something out. 8 coasters is a fair amount for the size of the park. The recent coasters at Six Flags America like Superman: Ride of Steel, Jokers Jinx, and Batwing are still loved by many Six Flags America visitors today, which is probably why they are not replaced yet. it would not make sense for them to take out Mind Eraser because it would most likely be scrapped because many parks already have them or the B&M Inverted coaster, which is fairly similar to the Vekoma SLC. also, Mind Eraser is in very tight space. Wild One is too historic to the park, and I don't see it ever going. I don't think Roar would be removed either. I don't see the park getting a new coaster untill something their dies and lacks GP, and they have to remove and replace it. I see that being Batwing in the future, which I see being replaced with a floorless. I agree that sometimes Six Flags America can be crappy, and really dead, but for what the land is worth, it's pretty decent. On 8/16/12, I took my friends from New Jersey, who has a season pass for Six Flags Great Adventure. They love Six Flags America because there are no crowds. They told me they have had passes for 2 years , and have yet to ride Kingda Ka. They said the line is always too long for them, and the only coasters they evr rode were El Toro, Green Lantern, and Bizzaro. I've been on Kingda Ka, and I've only went to Six Flags Great Adventure twice. They just don't like getting there super early like me. Six Flags Ameirca has pretty short lines, which is very good. the one trains thing bugs me sometimes, but I am always thankful I have no Six Flags Great Adventure when it comes to lines,lol.
Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/18/12 8:27:44 PM
kdleader said:

I too was there on 09/16 in the middle of the afternoon. My son and I made the 2.5 hour trip from central PA because Apocalypse wasn't completed in May when we were there last. I found it to be a little rough on the head but bearable. I thought the theming was good.

May was when I was last there for our big area Music Day (I teach in the same county as the park.) I find that as long as you avoid the back row, you can survive the Apocalypse pretty easily. I rode the front row my 1st ride and was bored.

The theming is easily the best part of Apocalypse. Too bad they did not make a shorter route to take when the line is non-existent (they in fact added cords in-between the queue rails to prevent you from ducking through them). So far, there has yet to be more than a one train wait with one train running every time I have been there.

kdleader said:

We rode all coasters except Mind Eraser and Roar. Roar was a walk-on but my son didn't want to ride. Our one ride on Mind Eraser in 2006 was enough (got the credit, need no more rides on this one).

The one-train operations really only hindered us at Wild One. That and the guests that thought they could duck under the queue rails and skip the short queue wrapping the perimeter of the station lengthened the wait.

Wild One wasn't bad when I got there, but I was surprised to see the other train on the transfer track. They never took that train off since I had been coming there in 1999. I honestly didn't think it (the transfer track) worked!

Roar was about the same as Wild One. Mind Eraser was starting to go back into the switchbacks, so I did not need to waste 20 mins waiting there (crew was doing around 5 minute dispatches with that one train).

kdleader said:

Also processed our 2013 passes. I got the gold for myself so that parking will be free at all Six Flag parks. I don't know why I purchased them online prior to leaving. It cost me $5.99 more than had I just bought them at the park. We were the only ones processing/purchasing passes so it's not like I was doing it to avoid a long line.

Processing went well for me, too. No wait, but the guy processing my pass had to ask whether Gold passes got parking (uh, DUH. I have a receipt that says "Gold pass Parking" on the itemization list). Surprisingly, it took about 3 people to finally give him that answer.

kdleader said:

I'd rate our day one flag better than Paul.

Sounds about right. You got out before my Superman debacle that soured my otherwise good day.

Sorry I missed you. Maybe instead of posting on Facebook for people to want to use my free tickets, I should have posted here and we could have met up. Thanks for reading.

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by kdleader kdleader Profile at 9/19/12 12:35:33 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Sorry I missed you. Maybe instead of posting on Facebook for people to want to use my free tickets, I should have posted here and we could have met up. Thanks for reading.

Paul

I was easy to spot if you knew what to look for. I appeared to be the only one in the park wearing an Orioles shirt. Late in the afternoon I was walking with my son while he making some video of the park.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/19/12 6:13:52 PM
Off topic...

kdleader said: I appeared to be the only one in the park wearing an Orioles shirt.

Go O's!

Mike B. (who lives a bit north of Boston...'nuff said)

Oh, and Jen?
Don't even!
;-)

* This post was modified at 9/20/12 12:26:36 PM *

Mike B.
Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 9/20/12 12:23:14 PM
kdleader said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

I was easy to spot if you knew what to look for. I appeared to be the only one in the park wearing an Orioles shirt. Late in the afternoon I was walking with my son while he making some video of the park.

I think I saw someone in an Oriels shirt.

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 9/21/12 5:51:22 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

I've ridden some really rough coasters multiple times; Scream Machine 36 times, Drachen Fire 72 times, FoF with the OSTR's 30 times, all in a row, in the back seat. I've ridden Apocalypse 2 times and I was done. I tried all my defensive riding techniques and just kept taking a beating going into the 1st vertical loop and exiting the corkscrew. Surprisingly, all the twisted turns at the end were glass smooth. I can probably take it anywhere except the back, but the ride is completely forceless and boring in the rest of the train, so it's pointless to ride at that point. I can't imagine how bad it must have been in Chicago since everyone who has ridden it there says this is "better".
Paul

I have ridden two rough woodens multiple times. At Timber Falls you get a better deal if you get the all day pass and get to ride Avalanche five times. It almost looked like the trains were going to jump off the track (that would hurt). Voyage is the most crazy coaster that I have been on and liked. I kept riding using "my defensive riding techniques" because with all this airtime I was not going to let this thing get the best of me.
The only coaster that I have ridden before and after it got moved was another stand up, Chang / Green Lantern. I thought that it was better at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Of course there the wait time was zero. At SF Great Adventure I was in line half the morning. Also, at SFKK it was by far their best coaster. I have learned to love Bizarro, and it was a walk on. The sit down floorless ones make the pain of stand ups seem pointless. Green Lantern is still the best of its type and is much closer to the top of my list than the others who are grouped near the bottom just ahead of the REALLY REALLY stupid ones.

* This post was modified at 9/21/12 6:04:58 AM *

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by alpengeistno3 at 9/22/12 9:24:38 AM
theRock-steel said:

The only coaster that I have ridden before and after it got moved was another stand up, Chang / Green Lantern. I thought that it was better at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Of course there the wait time was zero. At SF Great Adventure I was in line half the morning. Also, at SFKK it was by far their best coaster. I have learned to love Bizarro, and it was a walk on. The sit down floorless ones make the pain of stand ups seem pointless. Green Lantern is still the best of its type and is much closer to the top of my list than the others who are grouped near the bottom just ahead of the REALLY REALLY stupid ones.

I too found GL a lot less memorable at Gradv than KK. You are absolutely correct that going from the "star of the park" at KK to "a replacement" may have something to do with it. I've ridden Mantis, Caro Vortex, Georgia Scorcher, and Apocalypse. I found GL to be the best of the bunch; Mantis close behind due to the rough turns in place of the 2nd inversion; Scorcher was rather "meh", but quite rideable; Vortex was tolerable until the final helix; and Apocalypse, well, we all know the story on that one.

Paul

Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by Stredain Stredain Profile at 9/22/12 12:43:24 PM
I havent visited SFA in ages.. I am pleased to read its really come along as a Roller Coaster Haven.
I am considering as my 'Ultimate' vacation of a lifetime to visit a list of theme parks.. maybe I should put this one on the map?
Stredain
Re: Brief Six Flags America TR 9/16/12 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/22/12 2:02:03 PM
Stredain said:

I havent visited SFA in ages.. I am pleased to read its really come along as a Roller Coaster Haven.
I am considering as my 'Ultimate' vacation of a lifetime to visit a list of theme parks.. maybe I should put this one on the map?
Stredain

Superman ROS and Wild One are worth the trip alone. Jokers Jinx, Batwing, and Apocalypse aren't bad either. Roar has the potential to be an awesome coaster if they would do some work on it. I like Six Flags America. It's a nice mid sized park.Rodeo is their best and most unique flat. I would recommend that you give this park a visit.