Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Big Vacation/Coaster Trip

Big Vacation/Coaster Trip

rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile

Posted:
9/8/12 at
6:23:32 PM

So in a couple weeks I'm going to be going on my first real coaster trip. I will be leaving St. Louis Friday and flying into Philadelphia. I will head to Jackson New Jersey for Six Flags Great Adventure. Saturday will be spent at Six Flags FestEvil, a metal festival that is there for the first time. On Sunday I'm going to go back to the park and get a flash pass to make sure I can ride everything. So my first question is what are some good restaraunts to eat at around there that aren't very pricey?

Next I will be flying back to St. Louis for the night. Monday morning I will be taking Amtrak to Los Angeles California. The day I get there I will probably go to Venice Beach. I am planing on going to Knotts Berry Farm and Magic Mountain while I'm there. Then I will be taking Amtrak back to St. Louis. So the second question I have are what are some must do places around Venice Beach? Next what are some good restaraunts on Venice Beach? And finally if I'm going to Knotts Berry Farm on a Friday is one day enough?

I will be posting a trip report for this and it will be long and detailed. I will have many pictures from the trip but I will be outing them on my Facebook page. If you want to see them you can add me to look at them.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/8/12 10:11:35 PM
You can also upload them on photobucket, it's free and I believe it has an unlimited storage space now. Looking forward to reading/seeing them.
Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/9/12 7:03:39 AM
Not far from GAdv's gate, on Rt. 537, are some restaurants. There's a "food strip mall" with Mexican, pizza, ice cream, and an Irish Pub that I walked out of on my one visit due to slow/non-existent service. none too expensive. There's a bar/restaurant called Tommy's Inn at Millstone, a casual place but with a pretty full menu. I ate there a few times years ago, but my most recent visit last season, I only had a drink. There's a WaWa (don't ask) convenience store where you can get sandwiches. Plus, Burger King, McDonalds, and KFC/Long John Silvers occupy some real estate there. When exactly are you going?

I didn't read anything about that heavy metal fest. Must have missed it.

Mike

*EDIT*...I see the Metal fest on the site, so that answers my question about the dates you'll be there. Have a blast!

* This post was modified at 9/9/12 10:05:55 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 9/9/12 11:53:15 AM
Well thank you. I might have to eat at Long John Silvers. All of them around where I live have been closed.
Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/9/12 12:46:26 PM
rollercoastersfreak said:

Well thank you. I might have to eat at Long John Silvers. All of them around where I live have been closed.

I feel your pain, Brandon. My love for LJS has been well-documented here on URC. Now if Jersey would only get a (bleeping) Waffle House!!

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 9/9/12 12:52:00 PM
We have waffle houses here but they're all disgusting
Re: Big Vacation/Coaster Trip by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 9/9/12 1:01:10 PM
Well here is a link to my Facebook if you want to see the pictures when I get them.