Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes

Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
9/1/12 at
12:52:36 AM

For anyone who cares I got my pass for next year online today and it does come up as a premium pass. As long as you had a season pass last year and have it processed by 10/28 it will be a 3 park pass (I guess now it's technically 2 parks). This is for online renewals only. You do not get the Premium Pass if you buy it at the park. I got the parking as well and it's $56 for the year (plus tax). They have a payment option to pay over 12 months and it's around $5/month (SP only - if you tried to finance the parking they charge interest so I paid that up front).

That deal that SFA has that Paul mentioned is AWESOME compared to SFGAdv. I may head down to Texas to see my brother and hit SFFT so I need the pass before the season ends, plus I do use the coupons, otherwise I may have considered getting it there.

FYI: the SF season passes all look the same (at least they did last year) so even though it says parking is only good at the park you purchase it at people have no trouble using it at others.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by alpengeistno3 at 9/2/12 2:47:30 AM
From the people I have spoken to, it depends on the parking attendant. If you get one that scans the pass, it will not admit you (same problem I had with getting the food discount in the Character Cafe). If the attendant visually checks it, then like you said, there are no distinguishing characteristics between the passes. I should note that I went to the attendant whose gate specifically said "season passes", so his job was probably only to visually scan passes. SFA, for instance, has no such entrance, so they automatically scanned the pass (which was not an issue for me since it was a SFA pass, but someone from another park would have a problem with that).

I did not notice if any other parks are offering the "good at all Six Flags" parking option (seems like Great Adventure specifically left that language out). I'm curious how that will work when I finally renew and process my pass for next year, but for a grand total of $79.99 for the pass with parking included, it is a no-brainer steal!

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by depotrat at 9/2/12 6:40:35 AM
SFNE is offering a SP for $49. If you buy 4 you get a free upgrade to Gold for all four and all four include free admission and parking at all SF parks if you activate by Oct 28. Might be worth the drive for you SFGADV folks.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/2/12 11:49:35 AM
If you look on the other SF park's websites they are all including parking with the premium/gold passes. SFGAdv is the only one charging additional for a parking pass. The only park that is more expensive with the combo pass and parking is SFGAm. SFMM is even cheaper than GAdv - ridiculous!

Paul: I didn't realize they scanned the passes at other parks - SFGAdv only looks at it. I thought they all did that. That makes sense that it wouldn't work then.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/2/12 12:34:46 PM
Dorney and Kings Dominion(and I'm sure other Cedar Fair parks) are offering a platinum pass for $164 which includes admission and parking to all the Cedar Fair parks, but Cedar Point hasn't released their 2013 season pass info yet
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 9/2/12 7:21:22 PM
This is good info guys, thanks for posting. I think I might get a season pass at another SF park besides my home park for the first time ever. (SFGAdv)

We will see though.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/12 10:19:04 PM
Got mine today. Cheaper than on-line, since I didn't have to pay the $6 on-line processing fee. 59.99 without parking. Includes waterpark as Jen mentioned. I've never been, so maybe in 2013. I was gonna wait and buy parking next month, but it's GAdv..I figure it could jump up any time. So I got it today.

All processed, new photo, and card's in hand, ready to go. I hope I don't have trouble using it the rest of this year..they assured me I won't but they kept this year's card.

When I entered the park, I headed straight for SP Processing by Green Lantern/Superman. But I sorta lost my bearings and missed the entrance, so I thought that site was not open. So I walked back to the shops where the other processing center is. That one had a sign: CLOSED. VISIT THE PROCESSING CENTER NEAR GREEN LANTERN. So back I went. I went in, but the line moved soooo slowly and it was hot in there. I didn't get outta there until just past 11..ate into my Toro/Nitro time.

Toro broke down immediately after I debarked from my first ride (on the SOOOUUULLL Train!) So I took three spins on Medusa, and on the last lap I saw Toro had re-opened. Got another ride on the afore-mentioned Don Cornelius Express, but it didn't feel smooth at ALL..possibly because I was stapled harder than I'd ever been before. I've put on a few pounds again, but this was bad. I was glad to see them "kick" a woman off for refusing to put her souvenir bag in a locker and leaving it on the cup rack. When I got on for my second ride, it was a two train wait for the back. When I got off, the first set of switchbacks and the stairs were FULL! I never saw the queue fill up that fast.

I took the skyride to Nitro, but only got one lap..couldn't poach, and the line..again..had tripled while I was on the ride.

Made me smile walking out..I passed Deja Vu, and "Whip It" was playing on a Scrambler!

It was a quick visit, since I left at 12:45 for a cousin's BBQ in Toms River.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/3/12 12:01:50 AM
^^^^^^
Now I'm even more pissed - I was under the impression that in order to get that deal you had to order online - and didn't know that processing fee was online only. Why the hell do you pay more to purchase online? Makes NO sense.

Sounds like your day was similar to the one I had last Thurs when the crowds were horrendous and the lines grew exponentially each minute. Was the line for the season pass processing long or just slow? I'm debating on going tomorrow morning for a few rides and also debating on whether to process the SP first or hitting KK and ET and then going.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/3/12 9:13:43 AM
GoYanks34 said:

^^^^^^
Now I'm even more pissed - I was under the impression that in order to get that deal you had to order online - and didn't know that processing fee was online only. Why the hell do you pay more to purchase online? Makes NO sense.

I simply told the woman at GR the truth...That I'm not comfortable ordering things online after having my ATM # hacked a couple years back. It's something I avoid if at all possible.

GoYanks34 said:

Was the line for the season pass processing long or just slow?

Jen

Both, but the length was partly my fault for taking the detour described in my post.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by glutton glutton Profile at 9/7/12 11:29:13 PM
depotrat said:

SFNE is offering a SP for $49. If you buy 4 you get a free upgrade to Gold for all four and all four include free admission and parking at all SF parks if you activate by Oct 28. Might be worth the drive for you SFGADV folks.

That's the same deal that they're offering at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom here in Northern California. It annoys me that you have to be buying 4 season passes to get the Gold upgrade, but I think some extended family will buy passes with us so we can all get that deal. They also are giving a $5 per pass discount for renewing season passholders, which is something I've been wanting the parks to do for a long time. Too bad we're not getting a new ride here for 2013 though!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/15/12 11:23:24 AM
I"m debating whether to renew the season pass through Great Adventure or America, since America has the better deal with parking included, the only reason I would want to renew through Great Adventure is to get their coupon book but I wonder if its worth it w/additional parking pass, I wonder if I could get their coupon book if I showed them the gold America season pass
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by alpengeistno3 at 9/15/12 1:05:37 PM
I highly doubt it. Very unlikely Gradv will give you a coupon book if you buy your pass from America. I suppose it won't hurt to ask America if they can get you the book, but since Six Flags doesn't print the books until next season, you probably won't be able to do it on a renewal/2012 pass purchase.

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/15/12 1:24:16 PM
I'm also wondering if I do get the gold America season pass and I go visit Great Adventure in 2013 if I'm able to pick up their coupon book and vice versa, I also wonder if they check to see if you got their specific park season pass since you need it to use the coupon, I'm sure the premium and gold passes will look different
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by alpengeistno3 at 9/15/12 5:43:05 PM
ktujon said:

I'm also wondering if I do get the gold America season pass and I go visit Great Adventure in 2013 if I'm able to pick up their coupon book and vice versa, I also wonder if they check to see if you got their specific park season pass since you need it to use the coupon, I'm sure the premium and gold passes will look different

I found for visual checks, there is no difference in the passes, but if the scan it (which they undoubtedly will do when you go to pick up your coupon book), it will not register at Gradv if you purchase it at SFA.

Paul

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/15/12 7:08:36 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

ktujon said:

I found for visual checks, there is no difference in the passes, but if the scan it (which they undoubtedly will do when you go to pick up your coupon book), it will not register at Gradv if you purchase it at SFA.

Paul

But this year there is a Gold pass (all other parks) and a Premium pass (Gadv) so they may be different. I'm getting my pass done tomorrow so I can take a picture and post it so you know what it looks like.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/15/12 7:32:11 PM
So when you bought the parking pass, they gave you another card instead of adding something onto your season pass; I think it would be annoying to carry two cards around to other parks
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/15/12 7:49:18 PM
ktujon said:

So when you bought the parking pass, they gave you another card instead of adding something onto your season pass; I think it would be annoying to carry two cards around to other parks

No, it's all on the same pass. The season pass just says "parking" on the front. What Paul is referring to is at SFGadv when you go through the season pass only lane for parking they only look at it and if it says "parking" on it they wave you through. So if the pass looks the same, they won't know the difference whether you bought it there or at another park. At other parks they actually scan the card when you go through parking so they will know which park it's good for. With the Gold passes there shouldn't be a problem since it says parking is good for all parks but it doesn't say that on the Gadv site. Since the parking there is most expensive I will lose my mind if I go to another park and it's not accepted.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/29/12 4:47:28 PM
here is a question regarding buying season pass online: if I purchase the season parking pass voucher online, will they accept that when I enter the parking gate or will I still have to pay parking when I enter?
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/29/12 5:44:55 PM
ktujon said:

here is a question regarding buying season pass online: if I purchase the season parking pass voucher online, will they accept that when I enter the parking gate or will I still have to pay parking when I enter?

They accept it at the gate.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/30/12 9:35:53 AM
Yes your right Jen! After I printed out the voucher it says that it'll be scanned twice: one at the parking gate and the other at the processing center! So there's one perk of buying something online!
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by tbrown747 at 10/22/12 12:02:03 PM
GoYanks34 said:

With the Gold passes there shouldn't be a problem since it says parking is good for all parks but it doesn't say that on the Gadv site. Since the parking there is most expensive I will lose my mind if I go to another park and it's not accepted.

I am also concerned about being able to use the season parking at other parks because it has been clear as mud, but I am now pretty sure it will be okay.

1) the GAdv website has an offer for you to purchase "Season Parking for Home Park" but when you click on it, it changes to just 2013 Season Parking and clearly states that it will be valid at all parks. So it looks like at first they were going to restrict it and then changed it afterwards (I also remember a while back it was pretty explicit that it would only be valid for SFGAdv).

2) We paid at the season pass processing center yesterday, and the line item on the receipt for season parking was something like "SF 2013 PARKING ALL PARKS".

3) The cashier said that the season parking would be good at all parks next year. I list this last (least important) because there has been a lot of conflicting information from park personnel about this particular item, so alone I wouldn't place much stock in it. With the other stuff I think it's pretty conclusive though.

It looks like they went through a couple iterations of exactly what you would get, and now seems to be pretty inline with the rest of Six Flags, with the exception that they're calling it a Premium Pass instead of a Gold Pass. Maybe something to do with the inclusion of Hurricane Harbor (I notice they still don't allow cross-entry of non-home Hurricane Harbor parks).

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 10/27/12 9:05:19 AM
How much is preferred parking if you have the parking pass or is that included?
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/27/12 1:35:06 PM
ktujon said:

How much is preferred parking if you have the parking pass or is that included?

For SFGadv it is not included in the price of the pass and you have to add it on. It was around $56 plus tax.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 10/27/12 2:22:01 PM
how do they tell if its 'preferred parking' on your pass and what about at other parks
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/27/12 2:30:09 PM
ktujon said:

how do they tell if its 'preferred parking' on your pass and what about at other parks

Your season pass says "parking" on it and it's regular parking - not preferred. You can upgrade to preferred when you go through the toll booths on any given day if you want to - don't know how much it is - I've never done it. The parking is good at all SF parks. All of the SF season passes with parking are honored at any park for next season.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by ktujon ktujon Profile at 10/27/12 2:31:34 PM
yea I already have the parking pass I was wondering how much more is it for preferred parking or if you can just drive through there with your season parking pass

* This post was modified at 10/27/12 2:33:31 PM *

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/27/12 2:34:04 PM
ktujon said:

yea I already have the parking pass I was wondering how much more is it for preferred parking

You can't get preferred parking on a season pass, you can only upgrade to it when you enter the park for an additional fee. I think it's $10 more but I'm not positive.

Jen