Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Am I the Only One Excited About...?

Am I the Only One Excited About...?

cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile

Posted:
8/27/12 at
8:56:23 AM

Outlaw Run!

This looks like it could be really innovative and awesome, or it might have restraints like NY, NY (trip review coming) and be horrendous. I honestly don't know how they are going to pull it off, but it is a different design, and I have heard great things about the new Texas Giant. The pics look very impressive. We are hoping to plan a Christmas in America so that we can hopefully go to Dollywood and Silver Dollar City.

What are everyone's thoughts on Outlaw so far?

-Tim

Re: Am I the Only One Excited About...? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/27/12 9:25:07 AM
No, Tim, you're not.

Silver Dollar City was a possible destination for me this summer, in a "package" including Worlds Of Fun and SFStL. I realized my body and wallet wouldn't be able to handle it. That probably won't change next year, but I would really like to make it there. The park looks cool, and Outlaw Run looks...well, "cool" would not be a strong-enough word. Mind-blowing is more like it.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Am I the Only One Excited About...? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 8/27/12 10:00:45 AM
Nope, you definitely aren't the only one excited! I went to the Outlaw Run media announcement for ThrillNetwork and got to see the whole layout in person. I've never been more hyped up for a coaster. The ONLY thing that I don't like about OR is the fact that it is so short length-wise. Double the length and this thing would be perfect as far as I can see. I cannot wait to ride.

-Josh

Re: Am I the Only One Excited About...? by cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile at 8/27/12 10:36:38 AM
Yeah Josh,

I noticed the length is a little on the short side too, but it kind of reminds me of Kawasemi, or the Mega-Lite. Those are a bit shorter, and not quite as fast. The main thing I like about them is the amount of elements, and pacing. If done correctly, it really works. Let's hope for the same here.

-Tim

Re: Am I the Only One Excited About...? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/27/12 4:14:13 PM
I also agree about Outlaw Run's short length being a negative for me. IMO it should have been at least in the 4K to 5K feet range in track length. Otherwise it's a rather awe inspiring coaster.

This thing is gonna haul a** at 68MPH, talk about covering track very quickly. At those speeds, I can't help but think about Maverick's failed third inversion, the heartline roll, which was taken out; Outlaw Run has three twist type inversions, after initial high speeds from the first drop, hopefully the tests will go according to plan, and none of the inversions will be too intense for the GP.

Outlaw Run is gonna have a terrained first drop of minus 55 ft, is that a record (107 ft tall lift, and a 162ft drop) for any drop? I'll be pretty surprised if it's not.

* This post was modified at 8/27/12 11:57:05 PM *

Re: Am I the Only One Excited About...? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 8/27/12 10:33:22 PM
I'm pretty confident that the inversions will work. Maverick's inversion was extremely tight and quick at the bottom of a hill. Outlaw Run's 1st inversion is at the apex of a large hill, so the train will be moving fast, but not that fast. The double barrel roll is at the end of the ride on an incline. The trains will definitely be going fast there, but the inversions aren't super quick. They're pretty gradual especially compared to the snap that was in Maverick.

Not saying that the coaster gods can't interfere and say that the second attempt at a modern wooden looper is also doomed to fail... But I do find it unlikely. We'll see.