Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mountain Creek This Weekend

Mountain Creek This Weekend

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
8/24/12 at
12:05:22 PM

If plans go ahead, I'll be hitting Mountain Creek tomorrow. I haven't been there since the late 80's when I sprained my shoulder on the Surf Hill (which they have re-opened just recently.) What I'm looking forward to most, though, is my first-ever Mountain Coaster. Looks like a lot of fun, although not nearly as fast (and dangerous-looking) as some I've seen on videos.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Mountain Creek This Weekend by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/24/12 2:40:22 PM
I expect a full report! Also don't get injured k! be safe and have a blast.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Mountain Creek This Weekend by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/24/12 3:41:57 PM
Hey Mike.....Awesome that you are gonna get back to Mountain Creek!! I will be there the last day of the season on Labor Day.I just found out sad news though.The park is getting more corporate and safer every year by eliminating the crazy original slides they once had.I just found out yesterday that they have done away with kamikaze!!! This was one of the best body slides ever!!! They claim it was so dangerous but I did not see that side at all.It was just a fun crazy waterslide.This used to be such an amazing waterpark that was like none other but slowly and surely they are gonna become cookie cutter like the rest:( Don't get me wrong,there are still plenty of great slides there so you will still have a hell of a time.Beware though that you will get quite the workout!!! It is a hilly area to say the least.Pace yoourself and have fun!! I would get on the Colorado River first because that line gets crazy!!!
Re: Mountain Creek This Weekend by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/24/12 4:20:53 PM
chitlins73 said:

Beware though that you will get quite the workout!!! It is a hilly area to say the least

Yeah, that worries me somewhat.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Mountain Creek This Weekend by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/24/12 6:04:55 PM
I hope you have fun, and don't get injured this time!!!!!