Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: Ocean City, MD (long)

TR: Ocean City, MD (long)

CoAsTeRDaN

Posted:
8/19/12 at
12:57:56 PM

Our First Trip to Ocean City, MD

I have lived only 4 hours from Ocean City, MD my entire life and have never been there. We tried to go a couple of years ago, but one of the major coasters was down for about a month, so we opted to wait until another year. Finally on the weekend of August 17th, 18th and 19th 2012, we went.

We live in Richmond, VA and we had a few different routes we could take. We opted to go east and travel across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, something else Janis and I had never done. We paid the 12 dollar toll and started across the 17 mile bridge and tunnel across the bay. At the first tunnel we stopped and parked at the gift shop/restaurant and walked around taking pictures and then walked down the fishing pier where someone had just caught a small stingray.

After crossing the bridge we were on VA's eastern shore for our first time. Its a very different feel over there, like a step back in time. Lots of farmland and very old homes were everywhere you looked, it was very pretty and very laid back.

After about 2 hours of traveling north we came to our first stop, Baja Amusements, just outside of Ocean City. It's a small go-cart style amusement park with a few kiddie rides, one being a Wacky Worm. It only cost a buck fifty to ride and we got 5 cycles for our money. The little coaster was very well maintained, but its a Wacky Worm, not much to say about it. We were only at Baja for a few mins, just long enough to get the coaster credit.

Next we were off to Ocean City, MD. We crossed a bridge into the area and turned right to drive down by Trimper's Rides, made a left just beyond the Tidal Wave boomerang and headed to the VERY convenient Hugh T. Cropper Inlet (public) parking lot. They have variable rates for the first hour (the first 30 minutes are free) and then basically charge 50 cents per 12 minutes, or $2.50 per hour (note that these rates vary according to season, but that was the current summer rate). It was located on the beach and between two of the three amusement parks in the area. We made it in time to buy the wristbands for each park. First we bought Trimper's, $23 a person that was good from 1pm to 7pm for their inside rides section and from 3pm to 7pm for their outdoor rides section. Then we headed about a block or so down the boardwalk to Jolly Roger at the Pier. Their wristbands were about $16 a person and the wristband was good at both Jolly Rogers at the pier and Jolly Rogers Amusement Park, a couple of miles down the boardwalk. The pier wristband was good from 1pm to 5pm and the amusement park down the road was good from 2pm to 6pm. We started our first rides at the Pier. They had a Looping Star, a very small compact steel coaster with a single vertical loop. To look at this thing you would think it would be VERY rough, but it wasn't. It wasn't what I would call "smooth" either, but it didn't hurt and it was quite fun. I would say it was the best coaster addition of the trip for us. I believe we rode it about 12 times during the course of the day. Next they had a 3D dark ride, it was a very old and typical dark ride you would find at your local state fair, they just painted various things and creatures with 3D paint, they did give you cardboard 3D glasses that you had to return at the end of the ride. The park had several kiddie rides and adult rides. Other things we rode there included their large Ferris wheel which offered a splendid view of the entire beach / boardwalk area. We rode their Power Surge flat ride, which was a lot of fun, I had only been on one of these many years ago.

After an hour or so there we headed down the boardwalk and tried some Thrashers Fries, lots of people told me I had to try them. They are very good fresh cut fries (and the constant line in front of the place demonstrated their popularity), similar to those found at Kennywood's Potato Patch. Next we found the Haunted House dark ride on the boardwalk that was operated by Trimpers rides. It was included with our Trimper's wristband, it would have been $4 a ride otherwise. This was a great dark ride, very long, over 5 mins. It was well maintained and had a mix of old style traditional scares from the past and some newer tricks used in more modern haunted attractions in its second half of the ride. I believe we rode this about 5 times during the course of the day as we passed it going from park to park.

We then returned to our car and headed down the street to Jolly Rogers Amusement Park. They had 3 separate admission parks at this location (and completely free parking!). They had a small go-cart park, a water park and an amusement park. We just used the amusement park as that was the only thing included with our $16 wristband. The coasters there were another Wacky Worm and a Schwarzkopf Wildcat named Avalanche. Avalanche was very well maintained and had a nifty color scheme of purple and green. For some reason, even with an unlimited wristband for all rides, they limit you to only two rides on this coaster. They use a Sharpie marker to mark your wristband to track your rides. We asked one of the employees and he said that Jolly Rogers didn't own many of the rides at the two parks, and the owners of the rides have a contract with the park. While with all of the rest of the rides, the vendors allow unlimited rides for the wristband, the owner of the Avalanche contracted to only allow two rides with the wristband... Very strange if you ask me. We rode it twice and didn't give that vendor any more money.

The park had a wonderful Spider ride, I love these style rides and they are a dying breed. We took two great spins on it. We rode the Wacky Worm and walked through a mirror maze. The park also had a carnival style dark ride, and it didn't have a single thing inside working, nothing at all... It was one of the worst dark ride experiences of my entire life. Cracks in the walls that let light in everywhere, the rooms were very big and bright with nothing in them. NOTHING... When we exited I looked up at the ride op with a confused look on my face and asked, "Really?" and he just smiled and said, "yeah..."

We were at Jolly Rogers Amusement Park for about an hour or so. I looked around the park and as we left I could see where Kings Dominion's old King Kobra used to be. I really miss that ride and would love to get to South America to ride it again.

We drove back to the original parking lot we were in by the other two parks. Now, Trimper's outside rides were open. This park had yet *another* Wacky Worm (how many does one area need?) and the area's biggest coaster, a Vekoma boomerang called Tidal Wave. We rode each of the coasters first so we could get the credits, nothing really noteworthy about either, if you've been on one, you've been on them all. The park's two walk through fun houses were a great deal of fun - one themed to pirates and the other to Aladdin. Everything worked inside, which is a rare treat anymore... We also rode many of the park's flat rides - they have quite a few old classics. They have a great Zipper, which is one of my all time favorite flat rides, or "torture device" as Janis calls them. We rode a wonderful old tilt a whirl, an Eli Ferris Wheel and a wipeout. They had a poorly running Merry Mixer, which might have been the slowest one I have ever seen.

We didn't spend much time in the inside portion of Trimper's park, as it is mostly kiddie rides, but is definitely worth a look around. We rode their 1902 Herschell-Spillman menagerie carousel and it is very well maintained and absolutely beautiful (and not to be missed if you love old carousels). The original band organ is sitting over by the far wall, I'm not sure if it was working, but it appears intact. They've also got a rather large collection of operating antique Mangles kiddie rides (whip, carousel, ferris wheel, etc). I'm guessing a lot of them are from the 20's. Janis got a kick out of seeing the rides from her childhood (ha-ha).

Before we knew it, it was 7pm and the wristbands expired. We had talked to a local guy running the Looping Star and he recommended a pizza place on the boardwalk called Caruso's, it did have some good NY style pizza.

Many people had told us to make the 30 miles or so drive to the north to Rehoboth Beach and go to Funland to ride a very good suspended dark ride, so we decided to do just that. It was just about an hour north, sad thing is, it was 2 more hours of round trip longer to our hotel back on the eastern shore of VA. Funland was a small indoor amusement park with lots of kiddie and adult rides, but no coasters (not even a Wacky Worm...!) Other than the Haunted Mansion, one of the few stand-out things was a Paratrooper ride with a tricked out LED light package that was absolutely beautiful.

The Haunted Mansion had about a 25 min wait and cost five tickets to ride. Tickets are fifty cents, so it should have been five dollars for the two of us, but the girl only charged us $3 total for 10 tickets. Maybe they had sale we didn't know about. The ride was WONDERFUL, probably the best traditional dark ride I have been on. I wish the line would have been shorter, we would have ridden it much more. After our ride we got some ice cream cones and just walked down the boardwalk for a few minutes.

We made the long drive back to our hotel. Once we got up in the morning we had about an hour to make it back to the Bay Bridge Tunnel. If you return within 24 hours you can cross for only $5 instead of the normal $12 toll. We made it with TWO minutes to spare... If you ask me, we made the most of our 24 hours on the Eastern Shore of VA and MD, and even Delaware... Or should I say our 23 hours and 58 minutes?

We headed over to VA Beach for a few hours, we paid to park in a public garage and it started to pour down rain. It was a little frustrating as we have not had a beach day all summer. I looked at the radar on my phone and it looked like a small storm, within about 15 minutes it stopped and the sun slowly started to come out. So we went to the beach and had a few hours of decent bogie board riding in the waves.

After we cleaned up from the beach we walked to VA Beach's dark rides and walk throughs. They were VERY expensive... The Ghost Pirate Dark ride was $8 a person for a 4 minute ride... The ride was decent, but *way* over priced. Just 4 blocks down and owned by the same company is their haunted mansion. Their webpage says they are voted in the top ten haunted attractions in the USA. It was $9 a person and not worth it... I thought it was on par with what we get at Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion. It wasn't bad, just not worth $9... Maybe $5 would have seemed worth it.

Once we left the beach area we drove to where the new Gabby Douglas mural is painted celebrating her 2 gold medals in London. We then started back towards home and stopped by Busch Gardens for our final time at this seasons' Illuminights.

Overall a very good, but expensive weekend. Those beach parks and rides can add up quickly But I am very glad to have finally gotten to Ocean City, MD.

Danny Biggerstaff / CoAsTeRDaN

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/19/12 1:59:10 PM
CoAsTeRDaN said:

I have lived only 4 hours from Ocean City, MD my entire life and have never been there. We tried to go a couple of years ago, but one of the major coasters was down for about a month, so we opted to wait until another year. Finally on the weekend of August 17th, 18th and 19th 2012, we went.

We live in Richmond, VA and we had a few different routes we could take. We opted to go east and travel across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, something else Janis and I had never done. We paid the 12 dollar toll and started across the 17 mile bridge and tunnel across the bay. At the first tunnel we stopped and parked at the gift shop/restaurant and walked around taking pictures and then walked down the fishing pier where someone had just caught a small stingray.

After crossing the bridge we were on VA's eastern shore for our first time. Its a very different feel over there, like a step back in time. Lots of farmland and very old homes were everywhere you looked, it was very pretty and very laid back.

After about 2 hours of traveling north we came to our first stop, Baja Amusements, just outside of Ocean City. It's a small go-cart style amusement park with a few kiddie rides, one being a Wacky Worm. It only cost a buck fifty to ride and we got 5 cycles for our money. The little coaster was very well maintained, but its a Wacky Worm, not much to say about it. We were only at Baja for a few mins, just long enough to get the coaster credit.

Next we were off to Ocean City, MD. We crossed a bridge into the area and turned right to drive down by Trimper's Rides, made a left just beyond the Tidal Wave boomerang and headed to the VERY convenient Hugh T. Cropper Inlet (public) parking lot. They have variable rates for the first hour (the first 30 minutes are free) and then basically charge 50 cents per 12 minutes, or $2.50 per hour (note that these rates vary according to season, but that was the current summer rate). It was located on the beach and between two of the three amusement parks in the area. We made it in time to buy the wristbands for each park. First we bought Trimper's, $23 a person that was good from 1pm to 7pm for their inside rides section and from 3pm to 7pm for their outdoor rides section. Then we headed about a block or so down the boardwalk to Jolly Roger at the Pier. Their wristbands were about $16 a person and the wristband was good at both Jolly Rogers at the pier and Jolly Rogers Amusement Park, a couple of miles down the boardwalk. The pier wristband was good from 1pm to 5pm and the amusement park down the road was good from 2pm to 6pm. We started our first rides at the Pier. They had a Looping Star, a very small compact steel coaster with a single vertical loop. To look at this thing you would think it would be VERY rough, but it wasn't. It wasn't what I would call "smooth" either, but it didn't hurt and it was quite fun. I would say it was the best coaster addition of the trip for us. I believe we rode it about 12 times during the course of the day. Next they had a 3D dark ride, it was a very old and typical dark ride you would find at your local state fair, they just painted various things and creatures with 3D paint, they did give you cardboard 3D glasses that you had to return at the end of the ride. The park had several kiddie rides and adult rides. Other things we rode there included their large Ferris wheel which offered a splendid view of the entire beach / boardwalk area. We rode their Power Surge flat ride, which was a lot of fun, I had only been on one of these many years ago.

After an hour or so there we headed down the boardwalk and tried some Thrashers Fries, lots of people told me I had to try them. They are very good fresh cut fries (and the constant line in front of the place demonstrated their popularity), similar to those found at Kennywood's Potato Patch. Next we found the Haunted House dark ride on the boardwalk that was operated by Trimpers rides. It was included with our Trimper's wristband, it would have been $4 a ride otherwise. This was a great dark ride, very long, over 5 mins. It was well maintained and had a mix of old style traditional scares from the past and some newer tricks used in more modern haunted attractions in its second half of the ride. I believe we rode this about 5 times during the course of the day as we passed it going from park to park.

We then returned to our car and headed down the street to Jolly Rogers Amusement Park. They had 3 separate admission parks at this location (and completely free parking!). They had a small go-cart park, a water park and an amusement park. We just used the amusement park as that was the only thing included with our $16 wristband. The coasters there were another Wacky Worm and a Schwarzkopf Wildcat named Avalanche. Avalanche was very well maintained and had a nifty color scheme of purple and green. For some reason, even with an unlimited wristband for all rides, they limit you to only two rides on this coaster. They use a Sharpie marker to mark your wristband to track your rides. We asked one of the employees and he said that Jolly Rogers didn't own many of the rides at the two parks, and the owners of the rides have a contract with the park. While with all of the rest of the rides, the vendors allow unlimited rides for the wristband, the owner of the Avalanche contracted to only allow two rides with the wristband... Very strange if you ask me. We rode it twice and didn't give that vendor any more money.

The park had a wonderful Spider ride, I love these style rides and they are a dying breed. We took two great spins on it. We rode the Wacky Worm and walked through a mirror maze. The park also had a carnival style dark ride, and it didn't have a single thing inside working, nothing at all... It was one of the worst dark ride experiences of my entire life. Cracks in the walls that let light in everywhere, the rooms were very big and bright with nothing in them. NOTHING... When we exited I looked up at the ride op with a confused look on my face and asked, "Really?" and he just smiled and said, "yeah..."

We were at Jolly Rogers Amusement Park for about an hour or so. I looked around the park and as we left I could see where Kings Dominion's old King Kobra used to be. I really miss that ride and would love to get to South America to ride it again.

We drove back to the original parking lot we were in by the other two parks. Now, Trimper's outside rides were open. This park had yet *another* Wacky Worm (how many does one area need?) and the area's biggest coaster, a Vekoma boomerang called Tidal Wave. We rode each of the coasters first so we could get the credits, nothing really noteworthy about either, if you've been on one, you've been on them all. The park's two walk through fun houses were a great deal of fun - one themed to pirates and the other to Aladdin. Everything worked inside, which is a rare treat anymore... We also rode many of the park's flat rides - they have quite a few old classics. They have a great Zipper, which is one of my all time favorite flat rides, or "torture device" as Janis calls them. We rode a wonderful old tilt a whirl, an Eli Ferris Wheel and a wipeout. They had a poorly running Merry Mixer, which might have been the slowest one I have ever seen.

We didn't spend much time in the inside portion of Trimper's park, as it is mostly kiddie rides, but is definitely worth a look around. We rode their 1902 Herschell-Spillman menagerie carousel and it is very well maintained and absolutely beautiful (and not to be missed if you love old carousels). The original band organ is sitting over by the far wall, I'm not sure if it was working, but it appears intact. They've also got a rather large collection of operating antique Mangles kiddie rides (whip, carousel, ferris wheel, etc). I'm guessing a lot of them are from the 20's. Janis got a kick out of seeing the rides from her childhood (ha-ha).

Before we knew it, it was 7pm and the wristbands expired. We had talked to a local guy running the Looping Star and he recommended a pizza place on the boardwalk called Caruso's, it did have some good NY style pizza.

Many people had told us to make the 30 miles or so drive to the north to Rehoboth Beach and go to Funland to ride a very good suspended dark ride, so we decided to do just that. It was just about an hour north, sad thing is, it was 2 more hours of round trip longer to our hotel back on the eastern shore of VA. Funland was a small indoor amusement park with lots of kiddie and adult rides, but no coasters (not even a Wacky Worm...!) Other than the Haunted Mansion, one of the few stand-out things was a Paratrooper ride with a tricked out LED light package that was absolutely beautiful.

The Haunted Mansion had about a 25 min wait and cost five tickets to ride. Tickets are fifty cents, so it should have been five dollars for the two of us, but the girl only charged us $3 total for 10 tickets. Maybe they had sale we didn't know about. The ride was WONDERFUL, probably the best traditional dark ride I have been on. I wish the line would have been shorter, we would have ridden it much more. After our ride we got some ice cream cones and just walked down the boardwalk for a few minutes.

We made the long drive back to our hotel. Once we got up in the morning we had about an hour to make it back to the Bay Bridge Tunnel. If you return within 24 hours you can cross for only $5 instead of the normal $12 toll. We made it with TWO minutes to spare... If you ask me, we made the most of our 24 hours on the Eastern Shore of VA and MD, and even Delaware... Or should I say our 23 hours and 58 minutes?

We headed over to VA Beach for a few hours, we paid to park in a public garage and it started to pour down rain. It was a little frustrating as we have not had a beach day all summer. I looked at the radar on my phone and it looked like a small storm, within about 15 minutes it stopped and the sun slowly started to come out. So we went to the beach and had a few hours of decent bogie board riding in the waves.

After we cleaned up from the beach we walked to VA Beach's dark rides and walk throughs. They were VERY expensive... The Ghost Pirate Dark ride was $8 a person for a 4 minute ride... The ride was decent, but *way* over priced. Just 4 blocks down and owned by the same company is their haunted mansion. Their webpage says they are voted in the top ten haunted attractions in the USA. It was $9 a person and not worth it... I thought it was on par with what we get at Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion. It wasn't bad, just not worth $9... Maybe $5 would have seemed worth it.

Once we left the beach area we drove to where the new Gabby Douglas mural is painted celebrating her 2 gold medals in London. We then started back towards home and stopped by Busch Gardens for our final time at this seasons' Illuminights.

Overall a very good, but expensive weekend. Those beach parks and rides can add up quickly But I am very glad to have finally gotten to Ocean City, MD.

Nice TR. Tidal Wave is a special Vekoma Boomerang coaster. It was built when Boomerangs were still 4 feet shorter. When the upgrade was added to them, Trimper's extended the track, but it went off Trimper's property, and the citizens of Ocean City decalred it to be reduced again.

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by CoAsTeRDaN at 8/19/12 2:19:54 PM
Interesting... I didn't realize there were different height boomerangs. What was the four foot upgrade? I did notice that the supports for the coaster seemed thinner than other boomerangs I have been on.
What the heck did they care if the extra footage was over a road that high up? How odd for them to care...

Fatsoccerguy191 said:

CoAsTeRDaN said:

Nice TR. Tidal Wave is a special Vekoma Boomerang coaster. It was built when Boomerangs were still 4 feet shorter. When the upgrade was added to them, Trimper's extended the track, but it went off Trimper's property, and the citizens of Ocean City decalred it to be reduced again.

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/20/12 7:23:13 AM
Great TR Dan. I live in south western PA, about 25 minutes from Kennywood. All of our friends and neighbors have been to Ocean City and Rehoboth. Some of them go every year. My wife and her family used to go every year, when she was a kid. I've never been to Ocean City, the beach vacation is just not my thing. I have asked everyone I know about the rollercoasters and rides in that area. No one has been able to give me an accurate description. They either don't go to the amusement parks, while at the beach, or just don't describe it in terms that I can fully understand. After your TR, I now know what Ocean City and Rehoboth is all about, in terms of amusement parks. It's like a personal mystery has been unlocked. It sounds like a place I could spend a day at, but not a whole week like my friends and neighbors. I have grown found of classic dark rides, and this area sounds like it has several good ones. The coaster collection sounds weak, but I would like to get out there someday to experience it for myself. Thanks for sharing, your detailed report has really shed some light on something I was always curious about.

Ken

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/20/12 10:49:35 AM
Hey, Danny...

Thanks for the report. When I first started getting into this hobby, I read in Tim O'Brien's Amusement Park Guide about that two-story suspended Haunted House ride at Rehoboth Beach. I never knew the name of the actual park, though, and could never find information on it. I wasn't even sure it still existed, so I appreciate your including it here. I did find the park's site yesterday. Looks like an okay place with that one big drawing card. Being in NJ, obviously Delaware isn't THAT far, but I've never made it there. Maybe that'll change in the next coupla years.

Mike (your former I-305 riding partner..strictly by coincidence, too!)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by squirrels at 8/20/12 1:41:32 PM
CoAsTeRDaN said:

Interesting... I didn't realize there were different height boomerangs. What was the four foot upgrade? I did notice that the supports for the coaster seemed thinner than other boomerangs I have been on.
What the heck did they care if the extra footage was over a road that high up? How odd for them to care...

Fatsoccerguy191 said:

CoAsTeRDaN said:

From what I've read, it also had a cable-snap incident. :p

We always used to joke that the "secret ingredient" that made Thrashers' fries so delicious was the sweat dripping off the foreheads of the workers in there.

You're right about the amusement parks there...I used to love them when I was a kid. Nowadays, there isn't much for someone who's evolved into a "coaster enthusiast". By the time I was 8 or so, I was spending all my time in Marty's Playland seeing how many quarters I could eat through in a night.

Aw man...I just remembered. There used to be a water park down at the end of the boardwalk on the pier called "RipTide".

The main feature was the "Speed Slide", which was a water slide that was open (not enclosed), about 100 feet tall, and plunged virtually straight down. I mean, the initial drop was so straight that you got to the top of this tower and as you went over the edge you couldn't even SEE the slide underneath of you until you got to the "point of no return". I think I was like 10 or something the first time I rode it, and I still get a visceral feeling thinking about that thing. Basically a 100' tall glorified sliding board into a 4' wading pool at the bottom. You had to keep your arms and legs crossed the whole way or you'd get a vicious gooch-slapper at the bottom. I'm surprised no one killed themselves on that thing.

http://ococean.com/explore-oc/meet-the-insiders/get-answers/things-to-do/4253/p

Doesn't look like much in that picture, but believe me, from the top, it looks a LOT different. It was taken down after being damaged in the "Morbid Manor" fire and the whole water park closed shortly afterward, with most of the slides being relocated to Jolly Roger.

I remember that Haunted House being neat as a kid. Do they still have that part where the door spins at the end of the tunnel and the track runs up the wall slightly so it gives you the feeling of "spiralling down"?

Ohh man...to be a kid again. There was so much to do in OC as a kid...the pier, Jolly Roger, Old Pro mini-golf, video arcades, flying kites on the beach...nowadays any time I go to OC I end up getting drunk in Seacrets. Lame. :p

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by sparky sparky Profile at 8/20/12 1:55:08 PM
CoAsTeRDaN said:

Actually, Funland tickets are .30 each, so a ride on their Haunted Mansion is a shockingly cheap $1.50.

Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/20/12 2:23:11 PM
sparky said:
Actually, Funland tickets are .30 each, so a ride on their Haunted Mansion is a shockingly cheap $1.50.

Actually, you can buy 90 for 20 bucks..That's even better at about 22 cents each :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: TR: Ocean City, MD (long) by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 8/21/12 6:09:26 AM
Actually, FatSoccerGuy has it kind of right but not entirely.

When Tidal Wave was installed in 1986, the top of the top lift hills extended out four feet over the city street (read: four feet beyond Trimper's property).

The city forced Trimpers to "shortened" the ride so it fit entirely within their property.

My family has had a beach house in OC since 1983. I use to spend every summer there growing up as a kid.

Now I only get to use it once every few years as the family has decided to rent it out to make some money off of it.

Dan, its a shame that you missed out on OC a few years ago. Trimpers use to have one of those double rotating ferris wheels that was really fun to ride. Two seperate wheels on opposite ends of the arm.

I haven't been back to Trimpers in many years. As an adult in my 30's Trimpers rarely adds a new ride anymore and they've had the same line up for years.

The park use to be home to the Chance Torture Device, the Toboggan.

Not sure if they still have the Himilaya and the Matterhorn but they use to run both at a pretty good clip. The Matterhorn use to swing past 9 o'clock and would have you somewhere between 10 and 11 o'clock on the swivel.

Glad you enjoyed.

Joe
Great_Ump