Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012!

It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012!

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
8/16/12 at
5:49:42 AM

Happy NRCD to all the folks on URC! Hope you get to ride today. If not, have faith..it'll come soon. And since today also marks the 35th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley, I hope your rides today don't leave you feeling "All Shook Up." Well, nobody's riding Son Of Beast, so that should help...

Me? I'm working. A 2007 Ion (made by Saturn, not B&M or Intamin) is all I'll be riding :(

But I do get to ride my first Mountain Coaster next Saturday if plans go through.

Today's also National Tell A Joke Day, but this post is not one of those...

Mike

* This post was modified at 8/16/12 8:54:20 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/16/12 7:18:13 AM
I will be celebrating it at Great Adventure today with a newbie to the park.Should be lots of fun!! Can't wait to get her on Kingda Ka,El Toro,and Nitro!!
Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/16/12 8:50:20 AM
Well, I'll be celebrating on the beach with my friend and my niece but Happy Roller Coaster Day!

Jen

Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/16/12 2:07:47 PM
happy NCRD everyone! wish I was on Nitro right now :(
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/16/12 2:19:25 PM
mugen828 said:

happy NCRD everyone!

National Coaster Roller Day? :)

Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by ray_p ray_p Profile at 8/16/12 9:40:13 PM
I rode 5 coasters in 2 parks today and didn't even realize it was a national holiday. :)
Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/16/12 10:19:24 PM
ray_p said:

I rode 5 coasters in 2 parks today and didn't even realize it was a national holiday. :)

What parks did you visit Ray?

Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 8/17/12 9:02:46 AM
I spent the day (well, morning anyway) riding the flowrider at King's Island. While it's not a coaster, at least I was on a ride. I did not tell any jokes though.
Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by ray_p ray_p Profile at 8/17/12 10:26:47 AM
frontrow said:

Seabreeze and Martin's Fantasy Island, both of which were pretty crowded. TR's and videos are forthcoming. :)

Re: It's National Roller Coaster Day 2012! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/17/12 10:38:04 AM
ray_p said:

frontrow said:

Seabreeze and Martin's Fantasy Island, both of which were pretty crowded. TR's and videos are forthcoming. :)

Look forward to them as always Ray. Your stuff is very enjoyable. I can't wait to see your pix/video of the Seabreeze Bobs. I've been there, but I haven't been to Martins.

Mike