Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Great Adventure/Magic Mountain

Great Adventure/Magic Mountain

rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile

Posted:
8/14/12 at
2:46:42 AM

So I am going to Six Flags Great Adventure on September 29 and 30. The 29 ill be there for a concert but the 30 ill be there to ride coasters all day. If anyone wants to meet up with me in the area it would be awesome since I'm going by myself.

Also the weekend before Thanksgiving I will be going to Six Flags Magic Mountain. If anyone would also want to meet up with then I'm also going by myself.

So just let me know if anyone wants to meet up for either trip. We could get a group together to go.

Re: Great Adventure/Magic Mountain by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/14/12 9:34:36 AM
It sounds like you're starting to branch out. You were at Cedar Point earlier this year and now headed for SF Great Adventure. Those are my 2 favorite parks. I have yet to visit SF Magic Mountain, but that has been on my list since I was a kid. Something to consider for next year. Holiday World is about 3 1/2 hours from Six Flags St. Louis and Worlds of Fun is about 3 1/2 hours away. Both parks are pretty good. Beech Bend is a nice small park and is only about 1 hour from Holiday World. I never been to Silver Dollar City, but that looks like its only 3 1/2 hours from your home park. I never drove from SF St. Louis directly to SF Great America, but looks like a reasonable drive also. Just something to think about. It's always good to visit different parks, especially when your still young. The older you get, the more bills and responsibilities you accumulate. Not only that, but you find yourself less tolerable to long hectic drives. Have fun. I can't wait to read your review of SF Great Adventure.

* This post was modified at 8/14/12 9:41:53 AM *

Re: Great Adventure/Magic Mountain by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 8/14/12 1:22:20 PM
Well normally I wouldn't be spending the money to go but since I joined the navy I want to get to as many as I can before I go to Boot Camp. I'm going to try to get vacation time so I can go to Silver Dollar City next year and either Cedar Point again next year or maybe join ACE and go to my first Coaster Con at Six Flags New England. It really though just depends on my scedule and where I'm going to be stationed at. But yes I am starting to branch out. Six Flags St. Louis doesn't get all the good roller coasters everywhere else gets so I'm heading to the parks I want to go to the most.
Re: Great Adventure/Magic Mountain by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/14/12 9:41:14 PM
rollercoastersfreak said:

So I am going to Six Flags Great Adventure on September 29 and 30. The 29 ill be there for a concert but the 30 ill be there to ride coasters all day. If anyone wants to meet up with me in the area it would be awesome since I'm going by myself.

Also the weekend before Thanksgiving I will be going to Six Flags Magic Mountain. If anyone would also want to meet up with then I'm also going by myself.

So just let me know if anyone wants to meet up for either trip. We could get a group together to go.

For SFGAdv - I don't have my Sept schedule yet so I'll have to let you know closer to the date but if I'm free I'll stop by for a bit to ride for a little while.

Jen