Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > If you owned Six Flags parks?

If you owned Six Flags parks?

Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile

Posted:
8/10/12 at
4:14:17 PM

If you owned Six Flags parks, what would move/sell?, and what would you put new?

I would:
- put a wing coaster at Six Flags St. Louis, and call it, "Batwing"
- Scrap Flashback from Six Flags Over Texas
- put in Intamin ZacSpin at Six Flags America's Two-Face's old spot.
- move Six Flags Fiesta Texas' Poltergeist to Six Flags Mexico, and re-name it "Jokers Jinx"
- Replace Poltergeist with Batwing from Six Flags America, and call it " Catwoman Express"
- Replace Batwing from Six Flags America with a steel floorless coaster.
- Put a woodie like Silver Dollar City's at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- put a coaster like Diamondback from KI at Six Flags Great America.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain would get a floorless.
- Six Flags Great Escape would get a floorless.
-

* This post was modified at 8/10/12 4:31:36 PM *

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/10/12 5:14:41 PM
Fatsoccerguy191 said:

Been there lately?

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/10/12 6:16:31 PM
beastmaster said:

Fatsoccerguy191 said:

Been there lately?

LMAO! Lately? It's been there for almost 10 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream!_%28roller_coaster%29

Jen

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/10/12 6:30:44 PM
Just curious, Fats...have you been to all those parks?

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/10/12 7:25:56 PM
Get SFOG a stand up coaster. :)
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Kevin_Page Kevin_Page Profile at 8/10/12 7:49:33 PM
It would go bankrupt as I would only want Voyage, & Legend type woodies and Intamin craziness.

Seriously, has Intamin burned every bridge here in the USA? (except for Hershey)

I love them dearly and wish all these parks that are getting 200/300ft B&M's, were all Intamin's.

But I get the impression that parks are sick of the maintenance issues, reprofiles and deaths.

B&M gives you trouble free, death free, force free rides. Great for the GP/Shareholders, crappy for us hardcore weenies.

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 8/11/12 3:09:13 AM
Kevin_Page said:

B&M gives you trouble free, death free, force free rides. Great for the GP/Shareholders, crappy for us hardcore weenies.

B&M is also the Mercedes Benz of the coaster manufactuers and not everyone can afford brand spanking new projects from them.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by alpengeistno3 at 8/11/12 5:56:33 AM
Kevin_Page said:

It would go bankrupt as I would only want Voyage, & Legend type woodies and Intamin craziness.

Seriously, has Intamin burned every bridge here in the USA? (except for Hershey)

I love them dearly and wish all these parks that are getting 200/300ft B&M's, were all Intamin's.

But I get the impression that parks are sick of the maintenance issues, reprofiles and deaths.

I'm sure Intamin is not on Hershey's Christmas list either with those crazy Skyrush restraints.

Paul

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/11/12 10:27:58 AM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Fatsoccerguy191 said:

Been there lately?

LMAO! Lately? It's been there for almost 10 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream!_%28roller_coaster%29

Jen

I know, that was a typo, I meant to only put one a SFGAm

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/11/12 10:30:14 AM
MABrider said:

Just curious, Fats...have you been to all those parks?

Mike B.

I've been to:

-Six Flags Great Adventure
- Six Flags New England
- Six Flags Great America
- Six Flags America (Home Park)
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by coastinj coastinj Profile at 8/11/12 10:33:33 AM
This is a dare to dream scenario but I do have a list of what I'd distribute.

Great Adventure: I'd put back in flat rides as they took out so many good ones and I'd retheme parts of the park cause Batman is on one end with nitro next to it and then the golden kingdom(which was beautiful) with superman right next to it (logic?)

Great Escape: I'd love to see a moderate sized launched inversion based Mack coaster (ala blue fire) something the park could really promote

Great America: keep the sky tower (among other rides) running (and a bit longer cycles) at all times try are open. A pair of flying scooters and a disk o would be good.

Georgia: they are the only park that doesn't have a launched coaster. I'm not sure who I'd go with but something like xcellerator by ninja and the pond would be cool

St Louis: I'd love to see a great hyper coaster; either by intamin (or Mack to give it a go) as the park needs a marquee new steel coaster.

Texas: I truthfully like Texas and the only thing I think is to not take out the chute out

Fiesta Texas: the Rattler would have been my answer had they already not began it. I'd love to see a water coaster diving off the cliff

Discovery kingdom: never been there so can't comment.

Magic mountain: they need more water and flat rides.

Lastly six flags needs to get rid of the Flash Pass/about upgrade price crap, and utilize the system the way Disney does it. As it stands now their policy basically looks like. "cutting/jumping lines is grounds for being asked to leave, unless you pay us off".

And training their staff to properly politely assist their guests if and when problems may arise.

Side note: eg. Back in 07 at Gadv I was stuck on the lift hill of El Toro for 1/2 an hour so they gave us all 2 exit passes for any ride, but last month I was stuck on Raging Bulls brakes for the same amount of time and all I got was a drink coupon that turned to be expired and not even a sorry from the supervisor that handed those out.

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/11/12 10:37:51 AM
i would love to see more coasters themed after Batman characters, that just seemed to stop after about 2003. I would like to see someone other than Batman too, like The Joker, Poison Ivy, and Two-Face. I would not be surprised if Six Flags re-names Flashback from SFOT to Two-Face if it gets sent over to SFstL, it's not like they will call it Flashback or Boomerang.
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 8/11/12 5:40:26 PM
...I hate to be that guy - but I'd love to see cleaner grounds, more efficient operations, better maintenance, friendlier employees, stricter enforcement of basic park rules, and a return of the unique personalities SF has assimilated out of its parks.

New coasters may not be the *last* things Six Flags parks need, but they're pretty far down on my list if we're going around making wishes.

Coaster Count: 331 (268/63)
Favorite Steel, Wood: Montu, Thunderhead
www.gregscoasterphotos.com ← Go there! It's good!
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Frissbeking at 8/12/12 10:57:48 PM
If I owned SF... after reading Eric's recent post, first thing I'd do is fire everyone at SFFT, close the park for a year, and start over... followed by the same treatment at SFA
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/13/12 12:32:02 AM
Frissbeking said:

If I owned SF... after reading Eric's recent post, first thing I'd do is fire everyone at SFFT, close the park for a year, and start over... followed by the same treatment at SFA

In this post recession time, I would think there would be a line of people looking for a job no matter how good/bad it is. I do not expect Disney levels of friendliness, but it can't hurt for workers to be a little more considerate to guests. SF could take a page from CF's book at the very least. (speaking from my pleasant experiences at KD in '09 and 2010) If anything I too would prefer a little more money spent on hiring workers that will be less confrontational or indifferent to guests over a brand new multi million dollar coaster.

Now as for the parks, I know I might get heat for this, but... from what I see reading from posts here, it seems SF doesn't give a damn about SFA and if it were up to me I would close the park and move the rides to other locations.
Move S:RoS to St Louis. Move Joker's Jinx to SFNE or SFGAdv. Apocalypse, dunno, maybe to St Louis. Dunno for the others yet.
Not sure about the wood coasters. Maybe hope whoever buys the land wants to keep them or just demolish them.

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Frissbeking at 8/13/12 12:36:09 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Frissbeking said:

I
Not sure about the wood coasters. Maybe hope whoever buys the land wants to keep them or just demolish them.

I feel the wood is the saving grace of the park, Ride of Steel used to be, but the way it's run and taken care of, I couldn't care less if they scrapped it. Wild One is easily in my favorites list of rides. I'd actually prefer that an outside company bought it. As good as it's running with SF taking care of it, imagine how good it would run if one of these smaller traditional parks took over?

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/13/12 12:42:22 AM
Yeah, I think it would be better if SF were to sell that park to an owner with the intent on maintaining a smaller park. It's clear SF views it as near the bottom of their priorities list by giving them a 2nd hand 1st gen stand up coaster as a 'new ride'. A new independent owner could be more innovative than a corporate chain and who knows, maybe they could make the park even better than what SF has done with it.

I am glad SF has gotten smaller as far as the number of parks they have. They over expanded in the past and that was very costly. Just putting in new coasters and 'calling it a day' doesn't always make things better. Busch Gardens has just the 2 parks (if you don't count the Sea world parks) and they do a fantastic job with them both with a mix of excellent coasters, rides and general theming and atmosphere. Chains are nice, but when there are too many in the chain, some becomes the step child of the group as others gets the main focus. So to me I think Six Flags would be better if there were fewer parks. Let CF and BG dominate the VA-MD market.

* This post was modified at 8/13/12 12:50:12 AM *

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/13/12 9:49:11 AM
I may be the minority. We were just at Six Flags America 3 weeks ago and we had a great time. The employees were some of the friendliest that I ever seen. Superman ROS was running great, like top 10 great. The Wild One and Jokers Jinx were also running great. Apocalypse looks fantastic, but is riding a little rough. I do understand the frustration. My only other visit to SF America was in 2000. The only new to me coaster on this visit was Batwing, and I wasn't very impressed with it. So in 12 years the park has added 1 coaster and received another one from another park. I can understand your point. Still we had a great time with a very small crowd. All enthusiasts should give this park at least one visit.
Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 8/13/12 11:26:28 AM
Imediately send an apology to Eric for his recent treatment at SFFT.

Kevin "Prez of SF" Reid

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/13/12 12:33:29 PM
frontrow said:

I may be the minority. We were just at Six Flags America 3 weeks ago and we had a great time. The employees were some of the friendliest that I ever seen. Superman ROS was running great, like top 10 great. The Wild One and Jokers Jinx were also running great. Apocalypse looks fantastic, but is riding a little rough. I do understand the frustration. My only other visit to SF America was in 2000. The only new to me coaster on this visit was Batwing, and I wasn't very impressed with it. So in 12 years the park has added 1 coaster and received another one from another park. I can understand your point. Still we had a great time with a very small crowd. All enthusiasts should give this park at least one visit.

SFA is great place. They just have problems with coasters because of the low GP. Parks like Six Flags Great America, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain have very high GP, which is why they have a lot of roller coasters that are brand-new.

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 8/13/12 3:10:09 PM
SFA has also had the highest guest satisfaction scores in the chain the past three seasons...

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: If you owned Six Flags parks? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/13/12 4:01:15 PM
I think a NEW floorless could do well at SFA.